Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Low gear - Beastmaster does not rely on any gear from the hunter to have a decent baseline dps. Mostly used for dungeons when you're fresh 60 and you still got allot of stuff to do out in the world, where you need BM for solo play.

Medium gear - Marksmanship, there is some scaling going on here with the crit damage, ranged weapon damage and volley damage. You also get a nice flat attack power bonus to your party. Making you a favorite in the rogue/fury group. Especially if you got the correct pet, with ferocious howl.

high gear - Survival. The stacking +15% agility really comes into play around 475-500 agility. You also get 3% crit and 3% hit in the survival tree, while also being able to pick up the 5% crit in the marksmanship tree.

I'm not sure about hunters picking up 5 skills in the improved hunters mark tree. But at max rank, hunter's mark only grant 110 attack power. A 15% increase would be 16.5 additional attack power. I'm not sure what you would swap it out for, but even if you had 4 hunters. The bonus is quite minor.
    Yeah, i think improved hunters mark is just taken as filler points if you're going for a pure PVE build..
    I do remember going for Improved Aspect of the Hawk at some point, but might have been while BM. My memory is so foggy from back then :P

Deleted
    Played hunter since classic, that same hunter is still my main

Its was an orc from classic -> WoD, then i race changed it to blood elf.

I remember the first time i got a 1000 crit at like level 50 or something. I always played BM until i saw a video of marksman hunter pvp so i switched and had great fun looking at the big numbers from aimed shot

Quote Originally Posted by Jadessia View Post
    That is prolly true, I just know I ran that from MC and up, after I got all my T0 or T1 pieces etc. I might have run an MM spec before that, I only remembering lvling as BM up until around 40s before swapping.
    Yeah, BM was better for leveling.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you gonna raid...
    Be prepared to be the physical manifestation of then-non-present misdirect. Pew, run to your designated tank and fd.
    Be prepared to learn Molten Core as you might get assigned on sneaky trash pulling duty (and eye of the beast skill)
    Be prepared to know how to kite (hunter epic quest as a proof of skill) to do the first boss in Blackwing Lair - and no, UBRS experience doesn't count for that, not even close.
    Be prepared to use quivers.
    Be prepared to have enough ammo for the whole raid duration. Grind good ammo before raid. Equip the right ammo.
    Be prepared to be given Tranq shot from one of the early MC bosses and then use it immediately on the next one (doggy) to unenrage it as that will be your duty from then on (Chromaggus as well in BWL).
    Be prepared for the hate from every DPS class when you (legitimately) roll on every weapon, because in vanilla every weapon is hunter weapon.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yes, legitimately roll on melee weapons. Are you high?

I guess rogues and warriors legitimately roll on ranged weapons as well.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Low gear - Beastmaster does not rely on any gear from the hunter to have a decent baseline dps. Mostly used for dungeons when you're fresh 60 and you still got allot of stuff to do out in the world, where you need BM for solo play.

Medium gear - Marksmanship, there is some scaling going on here with the crit damage, ranged weapon damage and volley damage. You also get a nice flat attack power bonus to your party. Making you a favorite in the rogue/fury group. Especially if you got the correct pet, with ferocious howl.

high gear - Survival. The stacking +15% agility really comes into play around 475-500 agility. You also get 3% crit and 3% hit in the survival tree, while also being able to pick up the 5% crit in the marksmanship tree.

I'm not sure about hunters picking up 5 skills in the improved hunters mark tree. But at max rank, hunter's mark only grant 110 attack power. A 15% increase would be 16.5 additional attack power. I'm not sure what you would swap it out for, but even if you had 4 hunters. The bonus is quite minor.
    If I remember correctly, our hunters started to spec survival mid-Naxx, and certainly not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by n8four View Post
    Good hunters were so strong, but most were idiots. I remember killing level 60s as early as 52 with kite mechanics. Being able to aspect of the cheetah, jump, 360, and shoot someone was so cheap but amazing. Knowing when to turn cheetah on and off. Using it to get a 4 second daze to overwrite a 12 second hamstring or similar ability.

Raptor striking a mage in the face for 1200 to finish them off because they thought they'd be slick and blink in on you. There are few things more pleasing in this world.

Most of the things have been said. The rare pets, and picking them based on stats, is definitely something I look forward to. Oh, and using a stealthed tiger as a shadowmelded night elf, and aimed shot could be charged while stealthed, and 1 rounding most anyone with the pet hopping on them at the same time just in case.

These are probably the reasons I liked vanilla so much.
    That doesn't sound right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rondalf View Post
    Hunter is a great choice, especially when server is still new and hunters have a wide choice of gearing up via quests, loading up enough %hit and AP would produce you into a DPS machine during Molten Core patch. Get LBRS wolf, learn Howl max rank - tame Lupos ( if they go with Shadow damage as they did during Vanilla even better ) and you are good to go pet wise till the end. I recommend engineering for your own bullets and lots of gimmicks useful in PvP if you plan on doing it.

Unfortunately things go south later on, BWL so-so, Tier 1 full set from MC paired with some hit rings/neck getting that full hit cap is a beast, but later on you want Tier 2 for that excellent 8/8 set bonus which will unfortunately push more valuable debuffs from bosses, so that's a thing you should check with your raid leader/guild master.

Class choice: It practically doesn't matter much, troll of extra haste/regen ( which isn't much ) or orc for pet damage since orc racial in Vanilla didn't increase ranged attack power.

If alliance - night elf for stealth or dwarf for stoneform, no choice actually increase your DPS unfortunately.
    Hunter's should definitely get the 8/8 T2 debuff slot. I'd argue even Hunter's mark.

Hunter's mark + 500 RAP >>>> 2 warriors' Impale.

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty ranged weapons that go to melee DPS like Striker's Mark and Blastershot Launcher.

And there are melee weapons that hunters should roll on like the ZG weapons, Core Hound tooth, Brutality Blade.

Camping brokentooth's spawn :3

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you? DKP, mate, DKP.
    Nope. Only if hunters didn't want them. They didn't need ranged for anything useful, Hunters did need melee weapons, due to deadzone and BWL last boss ability. Plus obvious stat sticks.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That doesn't sound right.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter's should definitely get the 8/8 T2 debuff slot. I'd argue even Hunter's mark.

Hunter's mark + 500 RAP >>>> 2 warriors' Impale.

- - - Updated - - -
    You and I could argue about debuff if there are more than 3 hunters in the raid but mark? I don't think so, it's not that beneficial and I think raid wise, not as a hunter that Curses/dot's have bigger priority over mark.

Deleted

oh my. Your gonna love vanilla. Huntards that pull half of instance* and after 3rd wipe roll for axe/sword along with literally every piece of armour, bcs every loot in game is huntard loot.

Cant wait for it even more than for chugging water. Im ready for salt, tears and for hate on 90% of hunters to come.
    Heck, might even roll one for pet collecting.

*hunter aggro everything on sight, pet messing tanking, it was all fun and games back then
    Last edited by mmoc13233f7fed; 2017-11-21 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Be prepared for the hate from every DPS class when you (legitimately) roll on every weapon, because in vanilla every weapon is hunter weapon.
    You're probably joking but your "legitimately" makes me doubt so please don't encourage that, you know very well it's not true.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Hunters played so different in classic compared to retail, gonna be interesting to play it again. I have some bad experiences with huntards needing on everything so often. I remember wanting the lions in the Barrens so bad, you had Echeyakee who is a white lion that only spawned for a quest, and a black lion that was at a much higher level though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondalf View Post
    You and I could argue about debuff if there are more than 3 hunters in the raid but mark? I don't think so, it's not that beneficial and I think raid wise, not as a hunter that Curses/dot's have bigger priority over mark.
    Warrior's Impale isn't going to do a lot of DPS. The RAP bonus for hunters is way more important than some shitty 20 DPS from bleeds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Hunters played so different in classic compared to retail, gonna be interesting to play it again. I have some bad experiences with huntards needing on everything so often. I remember wanting the lions in the Barrens so bad, you had Echeyakee who is a white lion that only spawned for a quest, and a black lion that was at a much higher level though.
    Echeyakee was a spawn for everyone who had the quest, he is spawned with a horn.

The Black Lion is the unique Humar the Pridelord, 23 elite ( I think ), just outside of Ratchet in the shadow of a tree

Going to roll need on everything. Need the classic experience 100%.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Just a theory, but the name "huntard" came from bad players not knowing how to play the hunter class because it was quite complex and needed a lot of research.
    No, they were named Huntards because they were such a braindead class and people still used to somehow fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you? DKP, mate, DKP.

Nope. Only if hunters didn't want them. They didn't need ranged for anything useful, Hunters did need melee weapons, due to deadzone and BWL last boss ability. Plus obvious stat sticks.
    Nay. Things like Blastershot Launcher and Striker's Mark and the tank rifle in BWL are clear non-hunter weapons.

Hunters will want things like Rhok'delar ( hunter only quest item ), Crossbow of Smiting ( +RAP, useless for melees ), Soulstring and Nerubian Slavemaker ( if you give those to melees you deserve to die horribly )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No, they were named Huntards because they were such a braindead class and people still used to somehow fuck it up.
    How is hunter a brain dead class? You're the only class which needs to manage its pet, your rotation actually consists of more than 2 skills, you have to make sure not to clip your autoshots with aimed, you have to manage your mana whereas the other classes can just spam frostbolt for days.

This is aggravating, hunter DPS is probably the most complex DPS class in Vanilla, whereas mages and warlocks just bind Frostbolt/Shadowbolt to ''1'' and spam away.

- - - Updated - - -

You never go BM.

Even in shitty gear at lvl 60 the Trueshot aura is a huge boost for your party.

120 AP is nothing to scoff at, especially when you have low gear.

And I'd argue you should still be MM even with good gear since raid DPS >>> your own DPS. Survival might do 50 DPS more at 500agi+ but that 120 AP you provide to everyone is solid.

2/31/18 is the standard poor gear spec, with hit from Survival at 2/5 Hawk.

Right now I'm 17/31/3 because I don't need the hit and I have Lupos, who hits like a truck.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-11-22 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is hunter a brain dead class? You're the only class which needs to manage its pet, your rotation actually consists of more than 2 skills, you have to make sure not to clip your autoshots with aimed, you have to manage your mana whereas the other classes can just spam frostbolt for days.
    The fact that it had a Pet is why it was called "Baby's first MMO class" since you had a fraction of the down time of any other class apart from Warlock. It's the reason why Hunters were the leaders on all the 1-60 speed leveling. Other classes had to manage Mana just as much, hence the endless wand spam in my raids, Most Classes also had to watch not to reset their auto-attacks.

Literally your points of why hunters were "hard" happened to many other classes. You guys just had the benefit of having a Pet hold aggro and Feign Death. Hunter DPS wasn't the most "complex" by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The fact that it had a Pet is why it was called "Baby's first MMO class" since you had a fraction of the down time of any other class apart from Warlock. It's the reason why Hunters were the leaders on all the 1-60 speed leveling. Other classes had to manage Mana just as much, hence the endless wand spam in my raids, Most Classes also had to watch not to reset their auto-attacks.

Literally your points of why hunters were "hard" happened to many other classes. You guys just had the benefit of having a Pet hold aggro and Feign Death. Hunter DPS wasn't the most "complex" by far.
    Levelling is irrelevant to endgame raiding and mages can just use Evocation to get mana back ( if they even go oom at all ) and Warlocks have Life Tap.

Managing your pet on fights like Vael or the 3 drakes is definitely more complex than a Mage/Warlock/Warrior/Rogue sitting in one spot and spamming the same spell.

Not to mention how much a hunter has to work to be in the top on a DPS meter ( Lupos ) compared to Warriors/Rogues.

Most Classes also had to watch not to reset their auto-attacks.
    I wasn't aware Warriors and Rogues have casting abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware Warriors and Rogues have casting abilities.
    Hence why I said "most" not "all" I had to have a Auto-Attack timer on my Ret Pally because seal twisting and judgment could cause loss of Auto-attacks.

Also having 2 fights that required pet management? OH LAWDY PLEASE NO. SO HARD. Oh wait, you mean you could macro Pet Attack onto everything you needed. Well that kind of kills that complexity

I guess their infinitely hard rotation of Arcane shot and Aimed shot was intense as well. Just like putting up Viper sting on a Target to get mana back was the most complex thing ever.

Don't kid yourself.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-11-22 at 04:47 AM.