Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WoWv servers are small (thousands) and you will need to have friends outside of your guild to do stuff -tribute runs, 5 man farm, alt runs, ect. That means a friends list. Those people you describe quickly get blacklisted and tend to leave the server.

WoWv makes it so ones reputation and standing within the server community matters.
    I remember that top 10-20 guilds all had friends who knew each other and even outside of that...if one got kicked for acting like a douche his application was pretty easily declined in other guilds depending on what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Explain to me what’s wrong with adding new models u can toggle on and off and how it can affect your experience?
    The whole point of updating the game visuals is to attract new players to classic which will in return create a healthier community.
    Eh I really don't need to explain sh*t to you it's common sense but...
    Again, most people who wanted Vanilla to happen didn't want a vanilla revamp or some other nonsense.
    Either you recreate the exact same game or you don't, it's that simple. Yes, minor bugfixes are fine,
    but as soon as you start to integrate features that are togglable and "don't affect your experience"
    you get nothing close to vanilla. Oh and FYI new char models came with new animations and
    types of movement for the character, if you weren't around for WOD there was a major outcry that
    even with new models toggled off, the character was no longer the old same - it moved and casted very differently.

If you don't like the old models, don't play on classic. Like I said, just roll an alt on retail and enjoy
    all the modern features you like and want.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Agreed.

However not so much. The Toxicity stems from both sides. And you cant reflect that on to the entire playerbase either.

They are just loud.

I dont know of anything that blizzard released that could be considered: "A Useless Money Sponge"
    Sure, not everything has the same Hype as Classic WoW, Burning Crusade and Lichking. And some are even some of the Worst blizzard hat put out (Dreanor). But not even that was really bad in a not Blizzard Exclusive View (Objectivly speaking).

So one should be inclined to say: Blizzard has done the math, and Classic should be worth their time.
    And even if it fails, they can still say: "Told you so. You Think you want it, but really. You dont".
    It always bring forth profit, the question is how much... It's like other MMORPG's who keep being released, they all "flopped" in comparison to WoW, but in the grand scheme of things, they all make profit as the servers are still running 10 years later.

Where Blizzard has 1 very profitable MMORPG...NC Soft has 5-10 smaller less profitable games, but profitable nonetheless.

Lol you guys are talking about a couple of bad people here and there and blacklisting them. That's not what this guy is talking about. If any of you actually played during vanilla you would know that, by today's standards at least, the general population was far more "toxic" across the board. In fact, there's a lot of shit I remember, that was pervasive, which would easily get reported and suspended if that kind of behavior was replicated today. The game wasn't innocent in this, it helped foster that environment. Just like how games like EVE are made in such a way that they foster a climate of cutthroat "toxicity".

He's not wrong, if they put out a carbon-copy of vanilla and a lot of the same people come back I can almost guarantee the atmosphere will be the same. But then again, it wasn't really that bad; there are and were far worse communities out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Eh I really don't need to explain sh*t to you it's common sense but...
    Again, most people who wanted Vanilla to happen didn't want a vanilla revamp or some other nonsense.
    Either you recreate the exact same game or you don't, it's that simple. Yes, minor bugfixes are fine,
    but as soon as you start to integrate features that are togglable and "don't affect your experience"
    you get nothing close to vanilla. Oh and FYI new char models came with new animations and
    types of movement for the character, if you weren't around for WOD there was a major outcry that
    even with new models toggled off, the character was no longer the old same - it moved and casted very differently.

If you don't like the old models, don't play on classic. Like I said, just roll an alt on retail and enjoy
    all the modern features you like and want.
    How elitist do you have to be, that you would have issues with a visual option you can toggle on or off that allows people to play the game the way they like. I understand (not agree) when they want the vanilla gameplay untouched....but visuals?

I mean, it doesn't affect your game in any way...it's 100% the same game.

I could show you animations without models or textures, and you wouldn't be able to tell which were vanilla and which were new...your memory isn't half as good as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    First. "Most" is inaccurate. I´ve seen quite some Polls about Vanilla. Many of the things (Including graphics overhaul) were pretty much 50/50.

Also, saying a visual representation of your Character that may move a bit different will change the game where you are "Nothing close to Vanilla", makes it sound (for me) you dont really know what Vanilla is all about.

Especially if you compare adding Aesthetics to Classic with playing retail without heirlooms. *laughs*
    But again, in my opinion most of the "atmosphere" of Classic cant be brought back anyway. Because player know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    How elitist do you have to be, that you would have issues with a visual option you can toggle on or off that allows people to play the game the way they like. I understand (not agree) when they want the vanilla gameplay untouched....but visuals?

I mean, it doesn't affect your game in any way...it's 100% the same game.

I could show you animations without models or textures, and you wouldn't be able to tell which were vanilla and which were new...your memory isn't half as good as you think it is.
    Extreme elitism was always a core part of WoW, it's just much less noticeable now because you don't have to communicate anymore to do anything. You can still tell from time to time when you see shit like M+10 looking for 940 ilvl people with AOTC or Cutting Edge. This kind of stuff is not uncommon, it's why gearscore was such a shitshow when it first came out and at least half the groups I saw were asking for scores easily 30-40%+ higher than necessary.

In Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK when you still had to actually communicate to get anything done pretty much, elitism was rampant. This is what the OP is talking about, I'm pretty sure. Honestly though, if you can't handle someone telling you they don't want Live models in Classic wow then the social atmosphere of what's coming in Classic is not for you.

Deleted
    What's wrong with acid dungeon ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Agreed.

However not so much. The Toxicity stems from both sides. And you cant reflect that on to the entire playerbase either.

They are just loud.

I dont know of anything that blizzard released that could be considered: "A Useless Money Sponge"
    Sure, not everything has the same Hype as Classic WoW, Burning Crusade and Lichking. And some are even some of the Worst blizzard hat put out (Dreanor). But not even that was really bad in a not Blizzard Exclusive View (Objectivly speaking).

So one should be inclined to say: Blizzard has done the math, and Classic should be worth their time.
    And even if it fails, they can still say: "Told you so. You Think you want it, but really. You dont".

Edit:

Well, back then, you put one of the Handfull asshats of your server on Ignore. And you were done. Now with the game beeing essentially almost global, (An Entire EU or US, or Asian region is almost global in my opinion) you cant remember or ignore every asshat and be done.
    Theres always new ones. So it appears that there are way more asshats in the game.
    There aren't more, they are just more connected to a wider audiance so you are more likely to run into one. People played nice for the same reason we sometimes do at work.

Either do so or get fired...doesn't mean they aren't douchebags outside of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    That's so constructive, wow, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Liberal snowflake detected!

Come on now. I'm a liberal snowflake extraordinaire and I hate rhetoric like the OP's. Why do you need to try and push people who agree with you in this onto the other side of an argument that has nothing to do with politics?

Deleted
    I can't believe this thread got any response from anyone. It's such an obvious troll post that it doesn't require to be addressed.

Also lol at the guy a few comments above that vanilla community was "toxic" when the retail run for the mill social experience are autistic screeches (or the lack of any kind of conversation) on mythic+ runs.
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2017-11-22 at 10:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't beat them, join them. I've already decided that I'm going to level a Rogue on the Classic servers and spend all my off time on Retail corpse camping people for hours in STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    This is much better than the toxic 'vanilla trolls'! Thank you for showing me good behaviour!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If you can't beat them, join them. I've already decided that I'm going to level a Rogue on the Classic servers and spend all my off time on Retail corpse camping people for hours in STV.
    At least someone has the right attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Liberal snowflake detected!
    Can you not?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    Extreme elitism was always a core part of WoW, it's just much less noticeable now because you don't have to communicate anymore to do anything. You can still tell from time to time when you see shit like M+10 looking for 940 ilvl people with AOTC or Cutting Edge. This kind of stuff is not uncommon, it's why gearscore was such a shitshow when it first came out and at least half the groups I saw were asking for scores easily 30-40%+ higher than necessary.

In Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK when you still had to actually communicate to get anything done pretty much, elitism was rampant. This is what the OP is talking about, I'm pretty sure. Honestly though, if you can't handle someone telling you they don't want Live models in Classic wow then the social atmosphere of what's coming in Classic is not for you.
    Difference is that those people bitching the item level requested is too high they can make their own group with the other people bitching. People who want updated models can't make their own.

It's one thing to want something, it's another to deny another something that doesn't affect your own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Hey that's how massive shitfests that were Vanilla began. Go nuts.

Please don't camp me.

Difference is that those people bitching the item level requested is too high they can make their own group with the other people bitching. People who want updated models can't make their own.

It's one thing to want something, it's another to deny another something that doesn't affect your own game.
    It doesn't matter, it's about the behavior of players. That's my point. If you're going to cry because classic players don't want live character models then what does it even matter anyway because everything you do in classic will be the same struggle against that same elitism. It's just not for you in that case. And let's be real, most of those people never did make their own groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    It doesn't matter, it's about the behavior of players. That's my point. If you're going to cry because classic players don't want live character models then what does it even matter anyway because everything you do in classic will be the same struggle against that same elitism. It's just not for you in that case. And let's be real, most of those people never did make their own groups.
    Exactly my point, I don't mind elitism within the rule set that the game itself puts up. I never was against LFR, I was always against LFR not sharing a same lockout with normal raids. It forced me to do LFR to compete with other dps in my guild.

I don't give a shit about what other people do as long as it doesn't effect me. If I'm too low Ilvl that they won't invite me I'll make my own and struggle to achieve it by myself...people who can't do that should honestly shut the f up.

It's not the same though, again...it doesn't effect anyone but the player playing the client by itself. I'm 200% confident if they would add the option 6 months in to Vanilla Classic literally nobody would give a shit about new player models as the only reason they are bitching about it now is because they fear that any chance ===> slippery slope to changing everything.

Nobody gives a damn about new player models being in Vanilla Classic, they care about what the change represents long term.

Exactly my point, I don't mind elitism within the rule set that the game itself puts up. I never was against LFR, I was always against LFR not sharing a same lockout with normal raids. It forced me to do LFR to compete with other dps in my guild.

I don't give a shit about what other people do as long as it doesn't effect me. If I'm too low Ilvl that they won't invite me I'll make my own and struggle to achieve it by myself...people who can't do that should honestly shut the f up.

It's not the same though, again...it doesn't effect anyone but the player playing the client by itself. I'm 200% confident if they would add the option 6 months in to Vanilla Classic literally nobody would give a shit about new player models as the only reason they are bitching about it now is because they fear that any chance ===> slippery slope to changing everything.

Nobody gives a damn about new player models being in Vanilla Classic, they care about what the change represents long term.
    Clearly you do mind the elitism because you've complained about it already in your post a couple back. There are many people who just don't want it and it's because they don't want any changes, period. They want Blizzard to literally pick a patch # and set it to exactly what it was.

It has nothing to do with a slippery slope.

And the people who are most vocal against it are doing so because people like you are asking for it; welcome to the toxicity the OP was talking about... enjoy classic, I know I will.