Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Please read my response above to the other poster. If you don't know your shit, don't write here please.
    Also my then-level 60 rogue and paladin say hi, go tell them I didn't play vanilla lmao. Get a load of this guy. I really know what vanilla was about for me, and what we argue about here was definitely part of that.
    Care to provide a Charactername, Realm and Zone? To back up your claim.

My example for retail without heirlooms is not the best, but it seriously gives all the "vanilla enhancers" a chance to get what they want and not ruin the real vanilla experience for the rest of us.
    Not even "Not The Best". Maybe they want the Vanilla zones? TalentTrees with enhanced with actual Choice that matters?

Its not up to you to decide what people want.

VISUALS are a good part of what made vanilla vanilla, jaggy low-res textures on characters,weapons and zones are what we can see as authentic and real.. back then they seemed like THE SHIT but nowadays I (and many others) would like to see our then-favorite game in its real style and quality, high-poly char would break that immersion for a lot of us.
    As I said earlier, you can't implement the new models without the new movements and postures, it simply doesn't work, if you need to have that repeated then you have memory/reading comprehension issues.
    You can attach your model to any skeleton you like. You can even add Humans on the Dreanei Animation Mesh. Would look weird but its possible.

There is no reason the new Models wont work on the Old skeletons. You just have less animation detail.

Furthermor adding, the most "Immersion" you seek, and the "authenticity" comes from the people who play it. And if a more beautifull look, that has the EXACT SAME artstyle will break your immersion, than the community and actual gameplay will break it nonetheless, for that I´m very very sure.

Deleted
    It probably will, and I will love every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    Just... to be clear. You're one of them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Care to provide a Charactername, Realm and Zone? To back up your claim.

Not even "Not The Best". Maybe they want the Vanilla zones? TalentTrees with enhanced with actual Choice that matters?

Its not up to you to decide what people want.

You can attach your model to any skeleton you like. You can even add Humans on the Dreanei Animation Mesh. Would look weird but its possible.

There is no reason the new Models wont work on the Old skeletons. You just have less animation detail.

Furthermor adding, the most "Immersion" you seek, and the "authenticity" comes from the people who play it. And if a more beautifull look, that has the EXACT SAME artstyle will break your immersion, than the community and actual gameplay will break it nonetheless, for that I´m very very sure.
    Enjoy noob: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/25559479

It's not up to me or THEM to decide what anyone else wants besides single individuals who can post WHAT THEY want.
    I wouldn't touch anything other than pure vanilla.. oh and wonder why successful private server NEVER offered anything
    else but blizzlike vanilla? And why hundreds and thousands of players played on them? Jeez, must be 'cause they want "enhanced" vanilla riiiiiiight? xD

Again, google the fkin models and what happened when they were first discussing them and how they HAD to change the old character movements to match the new models for them to become toggable. If you refuse, then stop replying to my posts.

"Exact same artstyle" that's pretty much bullshit.. like I said, part of vanilla's charm was the old and dated textures.
    Just because YOU want to play your pretty little cow on vanilla doesn't mean shit and won't make it a true vanilla experience if it happens.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Deleted
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    Completely disagree, u can read my post in classic wow thread.

I enjoy it big time, saying it cus i got awesome experience there, having tons of fun.

Cheers

By the way, toxic atmosphere i noticed the most in legion, in vanilla is totally opposite, don`t say things without having certain exp.
    Last edited by mmoc09b04bb699; 2017-11-22 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Second liberal snowflake detected!
    I'm for Vanilla and thus on your side. Politics have nothing to do with being for or against changes to the vanilla server.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Enjoy noob: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/25559479
    That Character doesnt appear to Exist on the Armory.
    Neither does the Guild. Nor does the Guild have any Members even on the Site you Linked.

Also, this Char has a total play time of, 5 Month. Thats really convincing that you are dedicated to Classic WoW.
    It's not up to me or THEM to decide what anyone else wants besides single individuals who can post WHAT THEY want.
    I wouldn't touch anything other than pure vanilla.. oh and wonder why successful private server NEVER offered anything
    else but blizzlike vanilla?
    Yea, and yet you ridicule them for what they like and say they have no Idea, and their vision would destroy what all others want.

Also, tell me with source which successfull Private server ever had (or all combined) any amount of players that would make it worth to create some servers for Classic. (While one would assume that not all would switch, because Private server are usually play for free)

And why hundreds and thousands of players played on them? Jeez, must be 'cause they want "enhanced" vanilla riiiiiiight? xD
    Again, if you throw out numbers, or make up facts, do it with a source.

Again, google the fkin models and what happened when they were first discussing them and how they HAD to change the old character movements to match the new models for them to become toggable. If you refuse, then stop replying to my posts.
    Again: While they attached the Old Models to the skeletons, they can also do the same: Attach New Models to Old Skeletons.

If you throw out "Read up on the shit you throw out" you should do the same. Basic 3D animation. A model is Usually Animated with a Skeleton.
    Certain parts, or Vertices are linked to a Bone, and however the Bone moves, the Vertices move with it. A bit "Better" uses Weighs, so a Vertice can be Influenced by 2 or more Bones, aswell as partial Movement.
    "Exact same artstyle" that's pretty much bullshit.. like I said, part of vanilla's charm was the old and dated textures.
    Just because YOU want to play your pretty little cow on vanilla doesn't mean shit and won't make it a true vanilla experience if it happens.
    Again. Read up on the Shit you say: ArtStyle != Art Quality.

Its still yours to decide you want Shitty Graphic, and think it will make a big difference. But not yours to say all other who want Classic Gameplay have to have your Opinion, or they are "Noobs" or want "Bullshit".
    Maybe Shit Textures is part of your Nostalgic memory.
    But again: I seriously doubt many people would actually think Updated Graphics would take away "Classic Gameplay" and make it "Not even remotely Classic" like you said.

Sadly I cant find the Poll where exactly the Graphic question was asked. But I think the "Hell no. Crap Graphics" was the vast minority.

Also, I dont even want Classic, I refrain from taking Polls, and posting Ideas. Again: "As you said" Read up. I´m not wanting anything. I´m just participating in the Discussion, and ... calling you out on your bullshit like you say.

Edit:
    Ah, and also your Question why Classic Private Server dont have visual changes. Is Probably because they have not that much control over the Client as Blizzard.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-11-22 at 02:04 PM.

I can’t speak for the political divide, but I can say that since the announcement, those people have bitched constantly about this, that, and the other. It’s made me wish Blizzard never bothered rather than deal with these ingrates.

I would agree with updating the vanilla graphics a shade, back then a monitor capable of cleanly running 1600x1200 was over a thousand bucks (Au) so most were running 1280x1024 or even 1024 x768 (all in 4:3 ratio too) now 1080p@ 16:9 is the norm in fact many want to play at higher resolutions because the hardware will support it easily.

Vanilla textures stretched out that far do indeed look like blurry arse.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    I think we can all already see how toxic the classic community is. The elitists and gatekeepers are gonna drive away any new or more casual players away from the classic servers in the means of few months and it's gonna be a toxic shitshow from that point onward. Until blizzard decides to close the vanilla servers in few years with a big blue post commenting how dissapointed they are in all of you.

I just got a cool Idea.

I think Blizzard should send every Account who was Active during Classic, a Poll with the Changes people talked about.
    And then, weight the Answers with the Time said Account actually played Classic.

That way you get an Idea what the Playerbase actually thought about Classic. *laughs*

But seriously, "Classic" Polls should only be taken from people who actually played a fair amount of time in Classic, and KNOW the game.

lantoaster this is the last time I take your bait comments as serious and reply to them.

Use this link:
    http://bfy.tw/FArx

Then see for yourself because it's so hard to check that in reality, to have the new models and old models toggable, they needed to reskin the old skin onto the new models' skeleton. Which resulted in sup-par imitation of original models. Do I want that in vanilla? NO. Go figure why.

Also, about your pathetic comment about me "throwing out numbers":

"It was one of the most successful private servers to date, with over 800,000 accounts registered and 150,000 active accounts."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostalrius

Another (currently active) vanilla server: https://vanillaradar.com/elysium-stats/elysium/

Not a single thing changed from vanilla, no new models, updated graphics, QoL updates.. yet so many people played, jeez they must've been "the vocal minority".
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Im pretty certain most vitriolic behaviour will end up getting curbstomped due to the simpel fact ,
    that the vanilla experience actually requires a somewhat more social approach if you wish to get anything done.

You're literally wrong, not to mention you're probably a weak man who can't grow a beard because those are the only people who use neckbeard in a derogatory way.

In Vanilla there's no name changing and your reputation means a lot so by default Vanilla players are much more well behaved than modern day era WoW players who can curse at their LFG group and never see them again.

this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz
    Sure buddy, sure, keep telling yourself that. Also, what an original post, thanks for it, helping us reach our quota of repeated and absurd troll\shit threads on the classic wow part of mmo-c!

Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    lol, as opposed to creating threads on mmo-c? Got it buddy.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-11-22 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric75 View Post
    I can’t speak for the political divide, but I can say that since the announcement, those people have bitched constantly about this, that, and the other. It’s made me wish Blizzard never bothered rather than deal with these ingrates.
    Just imagine if Blizzard announced that for BFA they will be taking community feedback regarding features. A total shitstorm would follow, not unlike the one you see here.

Gotta love these "the Classic community" comments and how we're all divided. There is no unity of opinions in Wow or any game for that matter.

---

As far as politics, pls keep that BS in Barren's chat. There is a reason normal people turn those channels off. :P

"I never played vanilla so all vanilla players are toxic"

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I think we can all already see how toxic the classic community is. The elitists and gatekeepers are gonna drive away any new or more casual players away from the classic servers in the means of few months and it's gonna be a toxic shitshow from that point onward. Until blizzard decides to close the vanilla servers in few years with a big blue post commenting how dissapointed they are in all of you.
    You dudes are in full swing today! Slow Wednesday allowing so much time for BULLSHIT?

Deleted
    lantoaster this is the last time I take your bait comments as serious and reply to them.

Use this link:
    http://bfy.tw/FArx

Then see for yourself because it's so hard to check that in reality, to have the new models and old models toggable, they needed to reskin the old skin onto the new models' skeleton. Which resulted in sup-par imitation of original models. Do I want that in vanilla? NO. Go figure why.

Also, about your pathetic comment about me "throwing out numbers":

"It was one of the most successful private servers to date, with over 800,000 accounts registered and 150,000 active accounts."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostalrius

Another (currently active) vanilla server: https://vanillaradar.com/elysium-stats/elysium/

Not a single thing changed from vanilla, no new models, updated graphics, QoL updates.. yet so many people played, jeez they must've been "the vocal minority".
    Less than a million, clearly a vocal minority compared to the WoW playerbase as a whole. YOu can make up your crap all you want and act like an asshole, but that doesn't change the facts. Also all of the people I've spoken to that have played on Nostalrius and play with otherwise would like the updated graphics, so wonder how many of those people playing on those servers would be opposed to them in classic? Doubt too many.

Many would likely welcome the option as, like stated before but you are unable to get into your thick skull, it doesn't change the gameplay experience. You can choose to opt out of it, if you want to stare at outdated graphics. People who play on those servers clearly don't think the graphics are the main reason for playing it, but just because they can accept them not being there, doesn't mean it should be excluded from classic. And you know why? Because it would be optional.