Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

This does not mean they will be adding QOL etc. This is a separate issue that wont affect you in a negative way.
    Semantics for sure. But truly... many people reading this have no clue that "server infrastucture" does not necessarily require programming changes. Servers are the roads... software the cars. I do not see where they said changes would need to be made... I see:

"But now we think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good."
    Make the old wow version work... let that sink in. We ARE getting Vanilla.. the old wow version. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I suspect we will get Classic within 6 months. As they said... they already have it working... which means they have it on current hardware and people who know how to set it up. They will hire a team, get the servers up.. and boom! Classic for the Legion lull.
    I doubt it, I think we are talking about at least a year (and possibly never having classic servers at all - at this point I feel like I have to point out that I have nothing against classic, I am happy for all who wanted them, I am just verbalizing the impression I get from what they are saying about the implementation, the technical side seems like it can actually not happen). But let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Classic servers are for everyone. You aren't anymore entitled to tell blizzard what you want than anyone else is.
    Trying to silence people is not going to lead to anything but a more hostile discussion.
    Blizzard will have their own vision anyways.
    Nooo, classic servers are for people that wanted classic, not people who are on board only just now that it is actually happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have it running on their server infrastructure, they said so.
    They did? When? And if they do, why didn't they show any gameplay footage during the reveal?

The game isn't getting changed.. at all.
    Do you have any evidence for that, or are you just stating opinions as fact?

They have a FULL set of builds archived, and a complete bug list that was fixed in each patch.
    I don't think I ever heard they say they do have a full set of builds archived and a list of fixed bugs in each patch. Also, I'm trying to find the quote, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard have stated that they didn't start using version history until later after WoW went live, or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-11-22 at 02:31 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.
    So they should bow down to the band wagoners? That seems to be the problem with almost every single aspect of life as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you have any evidence for that, or are you just stating opinions as fact?
    It follows from what Blizzard said about the implementation, your opponent is correct. It looks like what they are doing is keeping the old server and adding a layer of software around it that makes it fit into the current infrastructure. This has serious repercussions, and one of them is that the game will almost certainly be left unchanged at large.

Semantics for sure. But truly... many people reading this have no clue that "server infrastucture" does not necessarily require programming changes. Servers are the roads... software the cars. I do not see where they said changes would need to be made... I see:

Make the old wow version work... let that sink in. We ARE getting Vanilla.. the old wow version. YAY!
    So in the end you agree with me then? They will make changes to the original game client/engine but only so to make the game work with current tech and infrastructure. But not to change the gameplay per say. This is what I get from their interview that you provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It follows from what Blizzard said about the implementation, your opponent is correct. It looks like what they are doing is keeping the old server and adding a layer of software around it that makes it fit into the current infrastructure. This has serious repercussions, and one of them is that the game will almost certainly be left unchanged at large.
    I know what they said. I saw the interviews. But, on the other hand, they also stated they are open to feedback from players regarding classic WoW, which tells me they're not against making changes to the original game.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I know what they said. I saw the interviews. But, on the other hand, they also stated they are open to feedback from players regarding classic WoW, which tells me they're not against making changes to the original game.
    They are always "open to feedback", they can't say they aren't open to it ever, this means exactly nothing.

The way I really hope they do it:

Start at 1.0, slowly release patches. At the pace they normally did at the time or slower than they did before. Just not faster.

When the final Vanilla patch gets here, open up a TBC server and allow anyone with a vanilla character at max level to transfer (or simply copy) there when they feel like it. This way, people can stay on Vanilla or move to TBC. This would split the community, but would let people do what they wanted. If both sides survive, maybe do the same for WoTLK. In any event, I know there is great interest in Vanilla and TBC. The private server community has a healthy population on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Start at 1.0, slowly release patches. At the pace they normally did at the time or slower than they did before. Just not faster.
    Unlikely to happen due to the multiplication of the work required based on what they said about implementation. There will probably be just one fixed patch.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Could you please stop reposting this old video of a worthless piece of shit, that is Mark Kern?
    OP is just ranting about nothing.. in a few sentences it seemed "Omg retail players dont play OUR game" completely oblivious to the fact that people who want to play "Your"game might also be playing live atm

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    So in the end you agree with me then? They will make changes to the original game client/engine but only so to make the game work with current tech and infrastructure. But not to change the gameplay per say. This is what I get from their interview that you provided.
    Not sure why that is important for you to be agreed with.. but no I do not. It is likely they will write interfacing code for the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Nooo, classic servers are for people that wanted classic, not people who are on board only just now that it is actually happening.
    You're still in the more or less same club; new/returning customers. I don't think Blizz gives a hoot which one it is, as long as they get people on-board.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    But the ppl that will play wow classic are going to be retail players aswell, you know, classic will be a retail product from blizz

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    At a loss as to why people would care if we had the following:

a) Updated Models
    b) Transmog
    c) Battle.net Integration (Assured)
    d) Collection System For Mounts/Pets
    e) Updated Art Assets
    f) Increased Bag Size

If anything, including some of these features would prolong the life of the community. Who wants to play with 2004 graphics?
    Leave every single thing there out of the game. Only fix game breaking bugs.

People will tell blizzard what they want no matter what you think who should be allowed to do so. All this talk about who should be allowed to have options is doing nothing but turning the conversation toxic. Just tell blizzard what you think is best. Its not like blizzard is going to listen to anything way out there.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They are always "open to feedback", they can't say they aren't open to it ever, this means exactly nothing.
    Just because you claim "this means nothing" doesn't mean it actually doesn't mean anything. Because, on the same token, I can point you to all the stuff Blizzard has stated they wanted to create, yet they didn't, like how Archaeology was supposed to be this big character progression thing, but ended up being relegated to a secondary profession... how we're still waiting for Dance Studio... also Remember how, in WoD, our faction hubs were supposed to be Bladespire and Karabor, and not Ashran? How Demon Hunters were supposed to be in the vanilla game (since there is even a picture of a player DH in the box art), etc. So, with that in mind, I can also say that them saying they want to stick "as close as possible to vanilla" means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    logic and common sense
    So it's a baseless claim. Gotcha. Trump would be proud of you.

Just because you claim "this means nothing" doesn't mean it actually doesn't mean anything.
    I said why this means nothing. Please read what you reply to, my post was very short yet your attention span is seemingly even shorter.

They can't ever say that they aren't open to feedback on anything. Not only they are actually open to feedback on anything, even if they weren't, they wouldn't be able to say that they weren't, this just harms them for no reason. Consequently - look at this word: consequently - them saying that they are open to feedback on X means exactly nothing.

Your "on the same token" isn't on the same token, it was illogical.