Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My problems with retail run much deeper than just LFD or LFR or cross-realm.

The game mechanics have changed so wildly that it's more like an action game than an RPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You're well below reality even there.
    A lvl 30 warrior in green/white gear did easily 1000+ damage on a revenge during WoD. That's about on par with what a lvl 60 dps warrior decked in epic could do with a two-handers.

Let it sink, guys : you could do in WoD the same damage with a level 30 guy wearing leveling gear, in a low-damage spec and with a shield, than you could do with a lvl 60 guy wearing raid gear, in the second highest damage spec and with a two-handers.

Our damage is not 2-3x what it was, it's easily 6-10x.
    And your point is? No one cares what you can do at level 30 people want fast leveling the spent ages and ages asking for faster leveling back in wotlk. Here's the thing near the end of vanilla wow became all about the end game the whole phrase "the game dosent start till you hit 60" became the mantra and as such players focuse was on max level and so blizz made the game about max level.

Thumbs down

"Vanillaized"? More like "vandalized".

I mean, why remove improvements and options? It would not have that unreal fantasized effect that everyone attributes to the lack of these improvements. It would just be worse for no gain.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

The game mechanics have changed so wildly that it's more like an action game than an RPG.
    Same, i have a lot of problems with retail but Classic servers is the best solution for me.
    Everyone may be happy now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets just put it this way, theres a reason they made those changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Trafalgar View Post
    Same, i have a lot of problems with retail but Classic servers is the best solution for me.
    Everyone may be happy now.
    As much as i want to agree with you, but with the incoming classic realms there will be a lot of disappointed and begrudged people nomatter how they make it. you cant please everyone sadly.

Are they going to undo the Cataclysm zone changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Holy shit, do you really think crossrealm features are the only important thing defining vanilla?
    It's funny right? All of these things were in the game through most of cataclysm yet they are defining vanilla by them. That's a clear example of the people who actively want classic over legion instead of both equally. Confused and nostalgic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Oh boy the forums would be on fire. Retail is build around those features, ripping that out will mostly make people mad and make the game somewhat unplayable.

Im not entirely convinced that alot of players will survive vanillas /4 group search "feature" (people will probably go to an external site), but at least vanilla is built for that with its limited ways to succeed at the game. There is no "do I want to go Molten core or dungeons first?" Or "Do I want to play this dungeon on normal, heroic or mythic plus? Everyone wants to go to the same 15 or so places on the one difficulty that there is. So having a small amount of people looking for groups works a whole lot better.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Let me start by saying I am not one of these anti-classic WoW people, I am looking forward to it and can't wait to see how they implement it.

That being said, I wonder what kind of interest there would be in WoW retail servers that were "vanillaized"? By "vanillaized" I mean the following were removed:

1) No merged realms

2) No cross realm

3) No LFR

4) No LFG

5) No realm hopping

6) No cross-realm BG's

Basically, you are forced to interact with people on your server. The people you see at the AH or in the middle of Winterfel, are on your server. If you get a bad reputation for cheating, scamming, or just being a dick, that reputation haunts you on your server. The same with good a good reputation. If you camp some low level dude, he can remember your name and hunt you down once he gets geared, or he can get guildiees to help haunt you down and you dont phase away to another realm just because you crossed a zone barrier. Etc. Etc.

Part of me wonders if these changes wouldnt give me 80% of what I want from Classic WoW? Maybe this sort of server with current retail content, should be an option in addition to Classic WoW?
    No.
    Just no. Don't be stupid.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

People can have a wide range of taste, obviously. Many of the Vanilla veterans do prefer the WotLK design (many of them are talking about "Vanilla was shit"), and many WotLK and later players can like Vanilla design.

As for your affirmation that they are the ones making it a wanted product, that's just your opinion until you provide some more concrete evidence
    If you believe that the hundreds of thousands people clamoring for Legacy servers was/is made up entirely by Vanilla vets being aware of WoD being what it was and thus creating the initial hype, I've got a bridge to sell you in London.

Players of today are the people making Classic a wanted product, pretty self-explanatory considering we can't time travel just yet.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    1) No merged realms

2) No cross realm

3) No LFR

4) No LFG

5) No realm hopping

6) No cross-realm BG's
    Most of these things weren't added until Wrath or later.

If anything it'd make it more like early Wrath. Ya know when the old world was all but empty. People didn't do group quests because there wasn't anyone around. Same for the leveling dungeons. At max level people sat around Dalaran spamming chat. No one did any of the dungeons that weren't the daily. Etc. The community most people speak of was long gone before they added things like LFG.

Interestingly though Classic servers will have one major advantage. Everyone starts at zero. When I first started WoW in early Wrath the only people I'd run into were someone's third alt that they didn't play very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If you believe that hundreds of thousands people made up entirely by Vanilla vets being aware of WoD being what it was and thus creating the initial hype, I've got a bridge to sell you in London.

Players of today are the people making Classic a wanted product, pretty self-explanatory considering we can't time travel just yet.
    Sorry, but that's just gibberish for me. Could you reformulate it in a way that is a bit more clear ?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

"It's an action game" = meme, not founded in the reality of what players do in-game.

Story driven content? Check
    Character progression running deeper even than just gear? Check
    Social gameplay? Check.

But some delusional saps jumped on a meme-train and suddenly an MMORPG is a single-player action game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    As much as i want to agree with you, but with the incoming classic realms there will be a lot of disappointed and begrudged people nomatter how they make it. you cant please everyone sadly.
    Well...i'm hoping Blizzard will please the people who want no changes.
    Because lets face it, it's the right thing to do.

It's the only way of making everyone happy.
    Oldschool RPG'ers will have Classic and other people will have retail.

Sorry, but that's just gibberish for me. Could you reformulate it in a way that is a bit more clear ?
    Edited, a line of text was lost in translation.

Deleted
    once you give something you cant really take it back, see flying

I'mma be sure to tell everyone seeking RPG gameplay to stop playing WoW, including the "Oldschool rpger's" (started playing earlier) I know....

10+ Year Old Account
    This would literally kill the game. The amount of people who were interested in this could not offset how many people would leave. Doing classic servers for people who want them is the best option.

7+ Year Old Account

Personally i think its no chance for a no charge vanilla, thinking about the expensesinvolved and the people who'd work on it, but depending on how they do the classic stuff, might be a very small sub cost. If it was free it'd attrach a lot more people overall, but can't think of how a company like blizzard would bank that to their holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    once you give something you cant really take it back, see flying
    I never personally had a problem with flying, tbc was setup in a way that required it, they made the land mass in such a way that you couldn't effectively get to places without a flying mount.

if ppl want to pvp they will land, dismount and engage in combat (then they can't mount up and fly off again). its really that simple, if flying sucks because ppl are hovering just out of range with pvp on, taunting you with their red name, they are obviously not interested in pvp, if they were they'd land and engage. other than that I don't see the problem ppl have with flying in the game. it was one of the good parts of tbc, considering 40 man guilds still reeling from needing somehow lose 15 raiders. having a new mode of transport was one of the main draws to tbc.

(it was this expansion apparently but i'm thinking it existed before) a toy you could get that dismounts ppl if flying ruins pvp that much, get that toy, throw it at ppl who don't land, simple. http://www.wowhead.com/item=147836/salt-hardened-shell < the counter to flying in pvp.

I felt like we'd earned flying back then, we had been walking around for almost 3 years by that point. albeit, repackaging flying as the end game gold sink umpteen times was not that great. but you win some you lose some. as a priest i felt like i actually had decent grindable content in tbc, I did all those reps to exalted for the different mounts and it wasn't so bad, i really cannot say that grinding pages in silithus was that great though, thinking about that gives me a migraine..
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-22 at 07:33 PM.