Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Coldridge Valley will finally get back to ridding itself of that trogg infestation!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

I think a lot of people are just jealous. Jealous that people are so excited about WoW again... they cannot fathom it and go out of their way to diminish it somehow... but it is so much bigger than they are and they are just cursing the wind. Sad for them.
    That part there was one of the most stupid things I have ever read on this forum, I dont think anyone is remotely "jealous" that you are excited to play wow LOL, That is like being the girl that thinks everyone wants her.

It does however make an AWESOME meme

Call me crazy, but I still have fond memories of camping Sarkoth with 30 other people for half an hour. Chatting, laughing, crying. Trying to organize a queue and miserably failing. Made some friends there too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And if my subscription log isn't filled to the brim with "Compensation" like the good old days i'll be so sad

[ N O S T A L G I A ]
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Just a honest curiosity, but how many hours per day you have for playing WoW? I mean, i hope for you Vanilla lovers to be like 10 years old, or retired, or rich, or a rich wife or with a lucky work! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    That part there was one of the most stupid things I have ever read on this forum, I dont think anyone is remotely "jealous" that you are excited to play wow LOL, That is like being the girl that thinks everyone wants her.

It does however make an AWESOME meme
    So you ARE jealous? I knew it!

Admit it... Classic announcement garnered much more excitement and enthusiasm than BfA. Even now, there is much more hype for it than the expansion.

And there are indeed lots of jealous people trying to rain on the parade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I remember mob tagging /shudder

Trying to kill that scorpion in the valley of trials with about 20 other orcs camping it, and no one wanting to group up
    On one priv server I saw people literally form a line to kill it. It was hilarious how each person took their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Could not disagree more... having participated in a Vanilla Private Server launch... it was amazing and still is. Vanilla is flawed for sure... but it's core mechanics/reward system is far superior to current WoW... makes you wonder why in the world they ever left it behind.

I think a lot of people are just jealous. Jealous that people are so excited about WoW again... they cannot fathom it and go out of their way to diminish it somehow... but it is so much bigger than they are and they are just cursing the wind. Sad for them.
    Here's the twist. There was nothing to agree with.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I remember mob tagging /shudder

Trying to kill that scorpion in the valley of trials with about 20 other orcs camping it, and no one wanting to group up
    And trolls cuz they had no starting area of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Just a honest curiosity, but how many hours per day you have for playing WoW? I mean, i hope for you Vanilla lovers to be like 10 years old, or retired, or rich, or a rich wife or with a lucky work! XD
    I don't have as much time as I did back then, but people still managed to have a job, family, obligations, etc and still play an amount they felt they could devote.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I don't have as much time as I did back then, but people still managed to have a job, family, obligations, etc and still play an amount they felt they could devote.
    Yup and for me that could still be a ton of time, especially if my wife plays like she plans on ( we have no kids so that won't be an issue ).

I really don't think it will be a huge problem, I suspect Blizzard will probably try and have some of the sharding tech in place for that reason. Secondly, most of those playing won't be in a massive hurry, most weren't back then either, but I think most people will know going in they won't be able to raid 5 hours a day every day so they will do what they can.

It's really the downside to tons of this discussion, most of it is based around raiding in mind because our minds have gone that way over the years. However, Vanilla was a simpler time, the bulk of players never hit max level, and most of the ones that did never did much above what became the 5 mans. The numbers of people raiding were very small compared to what we saw even in Wrath tbh.

People really forget that Vanilla had a ton to do and a ton to waste time on even without raiding. I mean I did it myself, but it was a very small amount of time in the overall scope of my time spent in Vanilla. Heck you could blow hours a week and never even touch an instance of any kind. We as players and Blizzard as developers have streamlined things so much over the years that I don't think things will be what people are imagining right now. The race to the top will be pretty small, especially if they start with an early patch like 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You see, the Mangos Emulator (the private server software everyone uses for vanilla) is designed with MAX 2500 online concurrent players (as this was estimated to be the average size of a retail vanilla realm... and also because Mangos has some serious threading-related issues, which Nostalrius/Elysium partially fixed, but it was still a huge mess overall)... so what this means is that spawntimers and so on are "adjusted"* around that number (obv. some timers are also simply bugged).

So basically if Blizzard decides to keep those timers constant and thus have also a cap of around 2500 players, then it will be fine. It's also gonna be fine if they have dynamic spawn timers, but also a bigger player count ofc. What would suck ofc though is that if they keep the constant timers, but allow a high amount of players.
    I'd actually love for realms to be capped at 4k players or so. These huge servers with 8k+ online are just a fucking nightmare. Every questing area is overcrowded, and every contested zone is a 24/7 battleground gankfest.

Vanilla wasn't designed to handle 5k+ players online at once. Not server-wise, but gameplay-wise.

It will be fine, don't worry. I just got off the phone with J Allen Brack he told me everything. Garrick Padfoot will be on a 1 min respawn timer, I can't say any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    It will be fine, don't worry. I just got off the phone with J Allen Brack he told me everything. Garrick Padfoot will be on a 1 min respawn timer, I can't say any more than that.
    I, Gamon, will save us!

There will be just one sharded server, so everything is going to be alright.
    By the time Classic is out, Blizzard is likely to have moved to megaservers already.