10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Aethas' one job on Argus is to give out a world quest to stop a muffin thief. If that doesn't say he is a joke character I don't know what does.
    That muffin was sargeras true goal all along.

Aethas' one job on Argus is to give out a world quest to stop a muffin thief. If that doesn't say he is a joke character I don't know what does.
    Lol, good point.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    That could be said of Sylvanas or Thrall as well, if that's the case.
    But the problem with Aethas is that the traitor was not working for some obscure third party, but for the very faction Aethas is in. Obviously, Aethas' ultimate objectives are incompatible with the Horde, but he refuses to see that. Maybe this void elf thing is when he finally realises that he's better off the Horde.
    Except we already know this is the moment the Horde will finally have enough of his incompetence...IF it is in fact Aethas (it's totally Aethas).

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Except we already know this is the moment the Horde will finally have enough of his incompetence...IF it is in fact Aethas (it's totally Aethas).
    I always felt he was in the wrong faction anyway, lol.
    Whatever...

I always felt he was in the wrong faction anyway, lol.
    Maybe Lor'themar will give him to Alleria as severance payment after refusing her proposal for belves joining the Alliance.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-22 at 07:36 PM.

Uhm, what is the actual context of the WQ? Been doing Argus for a while now and never spotted Aethas giving a WQ at all.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=48722/f...e-muffin-thief

Indeed a joke WQ.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2017-11-22 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Here's the problem you all have with Aethas: you always distort whatever he does in the worst way possible. Rather than a diplomat, he's a spineless coward. Instead of trying to compromise, he's betraying his people. Instead of asking for advice, he's begging for help.
    I actually don't hold "In the Shadow of the Sun" against Aethas in that sense - it's only in hindsight that his position has been revealed (or recast) as born of naivety or some kind of misplaced desire to be needed. When I first read this tableau between him, Rommath, Halduron, and Lor'themar I saw Aethas as a magister more frightened of Malygos (and what the Nexus War meant for all Mages) than of the more distant Lich King. He was passionately and quite earnestly trying to get Lor'themar to come around to his manner of thinking, perhaps forgetting (due to his long association) of the negative association the Kirin Tor had gained in Silvermoon due to their actions in the Third War.

It was only later that I learned he was a partisan of the Kirin Tor beyond rational sense - defending and seeking their approval even when they betrayed him and all his kind, even after the Purge of Dalaran. He was so partisan that he was willing to surrender a potent Artifact significant to the Blood Elves (Felo'melorn) just to get back into the Kirin Tor's good graces.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Uhm, what is the actual context of the WQ? Been doing Argus for a while now and never spotted Aethas giving a WQ at all.
    You get near Feasel:

I sense an entity that wields potent forces with great malevolence. This fiend must be brought down!
    After you kill him:

A worthy victory. No minion of the Legion can be allowed to toy with such forces.
    Basicaly a stock text that is unintentionaly hillarious in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It was only later that I learned he was a partisan of the Kirin Tor beyond rational sense - defending and seeking their approval even when they betrayed him and all his kind, even after the Purge of Dalaran.
    The Purge of Dalaran wasn't unwarranted, thought. It was the direct consequence of the Horde using the Sunreavers to betray the Kirin Tor (for a second time!), and Aethas could have prevented it had he betrayed the Horde and refused to "look the other way". The Horde put him in a hard situation, and the Sunreavers paid for it.

He was so partisan that he was willing to surrender a potent Artifact significant to the Blood Elves (Felo'melorn) just to get back into the Kirin Tor's good graces.
    I think this will be taken care of during the Artifact send-off quests that we will get. I think the sword will be given to Silvermoon in the end, as a gesture of goodwill. Just like many other artifacts will be returned to their rightful owners.
    Whatever...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    When did he do that?
    By constantly screeching about how amazing the Kirin'tor is, as if he has forgotten Quel'thalas has existed. How he blindly buys into Dalaran's "apology" in wrath of the lich king, making the sunreavers seem like idiots from day one. How he throws away the blade of the sun prince just so he can crawl back into human laps. How he prattles on as if it's the blood elves destiny to be part of the Kirin'tor. If he isn't outright worshiping Dalaran and flat out ignoring his homeland, hes choosing to make humans happy over his race.

He really should be a high elf. Since their whole purpose similarly seems to be being human footstools, and he is as grand a footstool as the Kirin'tor could ask for.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually don't hold "In the Shadow of the Sun" against Aethas in that sense - it's only in hindsight that his position has been revealed (or recast) as born of naivety or some kind of misplaced desire to be needed. When I first read this tableau between him, Rommath, Halduron, and Lor'themar I saw Aethas as a magister more frightened of Malygos (and what the Nexus War meant for all Mages) than of the more distant Lich King. He was passionately and quite earnestly trying to get Lor'themar to come around to his manner of thinking, perhaps forgetting (due to his long association) of the negative association the Kirin Tor had gained in Silvermoon due to their actions in the Third War.

It was only later that I learned he was a partisan of the Kirin Tor beyond rational sense - defending and seeking their approval even when they betrayed him and all his kind, even after the Purge of Dalaran. He was so partisan that he was willing to surrender a potent Artifact significant to the Blood Elves (Felo'melorn) just to get back into the Kirin Tor's good graces.
    That fact that he practically chews his lips in response to Rommath's anger shows just how stupid, or if I'm being polite, absolutely clueless Aethas was. Or hey, maybe Modera promised him "favors"

Which bring into question how the fuck did Aethas get any authority back? Rommath absorbed the Sunreavers into his Magisters after Aethas fucked himself in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-22 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Purge of Dalaran wasn't unwarranted, thought. It was the direct consequence of the Horde using the Sunreavers to betray the Kirin Tor (for a second time!), and Aethas could have prevented it had he betrayed the Horde and refused to "look the other way". The Horde put him in a hard situation, and the Sunreavers paid for it.
    Unwarranted or not, Aethas didn't even get a chance to defend himself or offer up any kind of resolution before Jaina and co. set out on the warpath. And it's not that the Purge happened or what caused it that's the issue with it and Aethas - it's Aethas' willingness to let bygones be bygones after the fact, rejoining the Kirin Tor as soon as a path presented itself. You'd think he'd at least show some manner of trepidation, but instead he betrays a kind of unfocused desperation to rejoin their ranks.

I think this will be taken care of during the Artifact send-off quests that we will get. I think the sword will be given to Silvermoon in the end, as a gesture of goodwill. Just like many other artifacts will be returned to their rightful owners.
    It likely will, but that's besides the point. The issue, as I see it, was Aethas' willingness to sell the history of the Sin'dorei to score political points with the Kirin Tor. He betrays his driving goal almost immediately in the Artifact's retrieval quest chain - up to the point of almost seeming to have no care about what Felo'melorn represented outside of what it could regain him. This is behavior I might expect from any non-Sin'dorei magister in the Kirin Tor, but not from a Blood Elf, especially not one that lived through the tumult of the Third War.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Unwarranted or not, Aethas didn't even get a chance to defend himself or offer up any kind of resolution before Jaina and co. set out on the warpath. And it's not that the Purge happened or what caused it that's the issue with it and Aethas - it's Aethas' willingness to let bygones be bygones after the fact, rejoining the Kirin Tor as soon as a path presented itself. You'd think he'd at least show some manner of trepidation, but instead he betrays a kind of unfocused desperation to rejoin their ranks.

It likely will, but that's besides the point. The issue, as I see it, was Aethas' willingness to sell the history of the Sin'dorei to score political points with the Kirin Tor. He betrays his driving goal almost immediately in the Artifact's retrieval quest chain - up to the point of almost seeming to have no care about what Felo'melorn represented outside of what it could regain him. This is behavior I might expect from any non-Sin'dorei magister in the Kirin Tor, but not from a Blood Elf, especially not one that lived through the tumult of the Third War.
    Perhaps Aethas suffered numerous blows to the head, it would turn my and many other people's sheer disdain for the character into a sad pity, which is marginally better.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You get near Feasel:
    After you kill him:
    Basicaly a stock text that is unintentionaly hillarious in context.
    Hey, at least he picks enemies of his caliber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hey, at least he picks enemies of his caliber.
    You know the muffin thief would rip Aethas apart.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You know the muffin thief would rip Aethas apart.
    I was thinking about muffin itself. I don't think that this ferret thing was the source of evil here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about muffin itself. I don't think that this ferret thing was the source of evil here.
    You know he would choke and die on the muffin.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    You know he would choke and die on the muffin.
    That muffin be all like:

He would die out of heart attack.

By constantly screeching about how amazing the Kirin'tor is, as if he has forgotten Quel'thalas has existed. How he blindly buys into Dalaran's "apology" in wrath of the lich king, making the sunreavers seem like idiots from day one. How he throws away the blade of the sun prince just so he can crawl back into human laps. How he prattles on as if it's the blood elves destiny to be part of the Kirin'tor. If he isn't outright worshiping Dalaran and flat out ignoring his homeland, hes choosing to make humans happy over his race.
    Come on, you are just painting everything he does in the worst way possible and make this discussion utterly irrational. I can agree with @Aucald's point on giving Felo'melorn in exchange to return to Dalaran, but before the Purge of Dalaran none of Aethas' actions are bad as you make them to be.

You don't like him, and you have the right to feel that way, but you don't need to distort the situation in that way to try to justify your PoV.

The Kirin Tor was never the enemy of Quel'thalas, both nations worked well for millenia. What happened in the third war was something we still don't understand completely. Dalaran was a ruin back then, and we don't know even where the Six (of the remainer ones of them) were at the time. All information we have is that Modera and Ansirem were part of the group. Kael and his forces were imprisoned and set to be executed in the following day, we don't even know if Modera and Ansirem knew or tried to do something before Kael was rescued by Vashj.

He really should be a high elf.
    Yes, he should. In that, I agree.

Which bring into question how the fuck did Aethas get any authority back? Rommath absorbed the Sunreavers into his Magisters after Aethas fucked himself in Dalaran.
    I don't think he has any authority left. Maybe a few like-minded followers at most.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-22 at 08:22 PM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of being consumed by void, he will be "consumed" by genns deep kiss (with tongue), after those two fall in love with each other ? And then he will be consumed....in more sexual way.
    This is the stuff of nightmates, I now have to imagine Genn deep tongue kissing Aethas.........yeah why did you have to do this xD
    But it's not safe for Aethas, Genn may get emotional during their...sexual intercourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ooookay, let's reel it back in a little - I both don't need those mental images haunting my shriveled soul and we're collectively getting too off the topic at hand.