Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It means you get 7 times xp, because private server players can't be bothered to level, that gets in the way of loot.
    I mean the fact that most people choose x7 over x1 or x3 means that they don't want the slow leveling...

Also x1 leveling on private servers is MUCH harder than it was on retail for the same game version since some quests with nice rewards just don't work. This definitely got better over the years on private 3.3.5/4.3 servers, but the mentality stuck with the playerbase that it's almost impossible to get to max level without grinding mobs for the last 2-3 levels. Heck a certain private server on 4.3 didn't have any Twilight highlands and most Uldum quests so you needed to grind the past to levels even on x5.

And also, the private server playerbase is the same as what people are stating to be the main playerbase of Classic, does that mean that most of them will just not even level to max?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What does x7 mean? They have six more of these or what?
    As stated before me, x7 is the modifier for XP and gold earned so players can focus more on endgame content.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think I ever heard they say they do have a full set of builds archived and a list of fixed bugs in each patch. Also, I'm trying to find the quote, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard have stated that they didn't start using version history until later after WoW went live, or something to that effect.
    Don't bother. You're up against the strenght of faith on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It means you get 7 times xp, because private server players can't be bothered to level, that gets in the way of loot.
    Oh. So when they tell me they are on private servers for the experience, they mean... seven times more experience? And then they lecture us about the pains of leveling in Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You think retail players are messing this up for you?

Good lord, you never really understood how fragmented your support was, did you? You had no clue. You thought you all wanted the same thing. It's kind of hilarious.
    Many different voices with many different visions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic
    Dear self entitled brat.

The classic servers are for everyone.

Fuck you

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You haven't written a line of code in your life have you?
    Don't you know? You just take the old code, paste it with the new code, and ''it just works'' because you compile it. Tada, perfect WoW achieved, 20 million subs inc.

as someone who has basically zero programming experience, its time consuming as hell, only last week i made a crappy missile command clone, 2d, took hours maybe half a day or more. it was basic as hell, but i think i learned something about c# at least, what gets me is the sheer volume of syntax variations, i don't have the brain to learn it. i think the only way i'd ever become proficient at it is if i were writing it every day for years. i can read it, when you play with unity, follow a tutorial on making a 2d game for the lols, its not that difficult, its just very time consuming. you do get an idea of how snippets of code are used and hopefully something sticks and becomes transferable. but there is a lot of syntax, the layout i understand, defining variables i understand, but pulling it from memory i can't do. lots of math/algebra which i was never really that good at.

more ppl should give it a try though and see what goes into making a basic game, even just making your own pong clone, it takes time and a reasonable amount of code writing. its fun to see it all in action at the end. practically a game in itself.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-22 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.
    It's that same "small group" (at least about 1 million) that requested Vanilla for years tho and Blizzard said themselves that it won't be for the general populace...the general populace will be what Blizzard call "tourists" that may or not may quit the game relatively soon because there's good chance they won't like that version and that's intended, even by Blizzard. I repeat, EVEN BY BLIZZARD, yep, they don't expect it's for the mass but they welcome you to try it out. They also don't care if it's not popular, server will still be up. The point of Classic servers is to please WoW Vanilla veterans, it's a fan service.

WoW Vanilla is not that new Xpack, it's the Resurrection of an old game and Blizzard DOES acknowledge that, why can't you respect that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Dear self entitled brat.

The classic servers are for everyone.

Fuck you

/thread
    At that point, you guys are just trolling. Yes everyone is welcome to try it out but you may not like it.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2017-11-22 at 09:03 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    It's that same "small group" (at least about 1 million) that requested Vanilla for years tho and Blizzard said themselves that it won't be for the general populace...the general populace will be what Blizzard call "tourists" that may or not may quit the game relatively soon because there's good chance they won't like that version and that's intended, even by Blizzard. I repeat, EVEN BY BLIZZARD, yep, they don't expect it's for the mass but they welcome you to try it out. They also don't care if it's not popular, server will still be up. The point of Classic servers is to please WoW Vanilla veterans, it's a fan service.

WoW Vanilla is not that new Xpack, it's the Resurrection of an old game and Blizzard DOES acknowledge that, why can't you respect that?

At that point, you guys are just trolling. Yes everyone is welcome to try it out but you may not like it.
    THat is completely besides the point and no, i am not trolling at all.

The trolls are the outright morons who think they can dictate exactly how they want vanilla to be because they whined about it on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That changes the game whether you admit it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

You have zero way to verify this just like someone who holds the opposite opinion has zero way to verify it. Stick to your own opinions and stop trying to create this made up majority to back you up. Blizzard has held the stance that these kind of statements move the discussion no where because you, they, nor anyone else really has a way to know what isn't true.
    No.. It really doesn't change the game lol. Everything will still be exactly like vanilla, except the classes are actually viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post

Not when the majority of that minority is going to play it.

I can't fucking fathom the idea that all these people start wanting to have a say in something they never wanted before.
    like brexit?

seriously blizzard is a company, company's make profit, profit comes from marketing things that appeal to wide audiences, if adding a Qol feature will net them money they will add it.

they dont care about you or what you want or me or that cunt mark kern (hell they and red 5 fired him for a reason) wants they care about $$$$$$$ ad you get that sweet geek dosh by pandering to the majority. so if 3-4-5 months in there is a big enough fuss about getting lfr you can bet your sweet dwarven ass they will implement lfr.

dont be fooled into thinking anything but the majority opinion matters in the world.

I honestly feel bad for Blizzard. They literally opened up pandoras box with this classic thing. Y'all are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    I honestly feel bad for Blizzard. They literally opened up pandoras box with this classic thing. Y'all are nuts.
    No kidding. All they needed to do was stick to their guns after correctly pointing out people were letting nostalgia drunken them and they didn't really want what they were wishing for. Now someone high enough on the totem pole wants to actually waste millions of dollars running this insane experiment and literally everyone involved will likely come out the worse for it. It doesn't matter if the classic server is a new team or whatever. It's time and money away from the live experience no matter how you slice it.

There is no backing out of this insanity now. Nothing to do but sit back and watch the fireworks.

This elitism is on the level of those douchebags who tell people never to take up snowboarding or surfing. If your intent is for me to never have the interest to play your objectivly shittier game then you’re doing a bag up job of that!
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-11-22 at 11:32 PM.

I've never seen a more entitled post calling people entitled. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

lol, "at least about 1 million", try 350k max. The petition didn't even hit 300.

Now divide that by like 20 or 30 to get a number to that group that is vehementally against any changes at all. At it's easy to see why that group shouldn't be listened to. Even if no one but vanilla enthusiasts ended up playing classic, the zero changes crowd would be a minority. "Wow Vanilla veterans" =/= diehard purists.

We know that it's about community, and that means some of the inconveniences, some of the rough edges, that's not something we're looking to move away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Here ya go OP: https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/928586574782119941

Btw, retail players are the reason you're getting Classic servers because you know, we supported WoW all these years with this magical thing called money.
    Man that's gotta hurt. Like getting kicked in the shins be Jesus when asking for forgiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    No kidding. All they needed to do was stick to their guns after correctly pointing out people were letting nostalgia drunken them and they didn't really want what they were wishing for. Now someone high enough on the totem pole wants to actually waste millions of dollars running this insane experiment and literally everyone involved will likely come out the worse for it. It doesn't matter if the classic server is a new team or whatever. It's time and money away from the live experience no matter how you slice it.

There is no backing out of this insanity now. Nothing to do but sit back and watch the fireworks.
    I personally just think they hired on new people given the talks with Nostalrius etc. So i don't look at it as a slice out of what we have but a different oven for them to cook with. Regardless, the funny thing is how the community became cannibals over the "balance" thing. As I keep pointing out: Balance? What balance? Which patch are we actually going to do? All of them? Or just one? Either way, not everyone will be happy (me i dont give a shit) and ultimately it is a lose lose situation given how the people are acting as a whole.

lol, "at least about 1 million", try 350k max. The petition didn't even hit 300.
    I should have phrased this better. The group that asked for Vanilla isn't 1 million but I expect at least 1 million users playing the game. BTW I didn't sign that petition and none of the ones I talked to that want Vanilla did, that petition is just a preview of the what's coming.

Now divide that by like 20 or 30 to get a number to that group that is vehementally against any changes at all. At it's easy to see why that group shouldn't be listened to. Even if no one but vanilla enthusiasts ended up playing classic, the zero changes crowd would be a minority. "Wow Vanilla veterans" =/= diehard purists.
    AFAIK the subject of changing Vanilla is pretty new, it was probably discussed a little before but it's an hot topic since the announcement because of what J. Allen Brack said.

For years the term Vanilla meant the original version. On private servers, people use the term "Blizzlike" which is exactly that, WoW 1.xx (usually 1.12) with all the goods and bads, these are the most popular kind of private WoW servers.

People that want to change Vanilla wasn't interested at all into that game before the announcement, probably because they think "it's old and obsolete" "retail is better" "you have to move forward, stop living in the past" "game was too tedious" etc etc. So that petition is pretty accurate in term of people actually want Vanilla for what it is, a good portion are from private servers, especially Nostalrius so you can include people that want 1:1 vanilla like it was on Nostalrius (purists), the ones that want exploits fixed (which was the case on Nostalrius) and people that want modern models/look since I know people that used "tools" to use modern characters in Vanilla.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Really? I thought the general populace won't even touch it because its a bad outdated old game.
    Shows how misinformed you were doesn't it...

I play retail. I will be trying classic (and I did play classic when that was itself retail...). Just because some of us didn't have much interest in playing on servers where we knew our characters could get deleted any day, doesn't mean that that we had no interest in playing classic.

However I don't think it will be anything like the same experience as classic actually was 13 years ago no matter how exact blizzard are in recreating the game. Players have different attitudes today. When I was raiding Molten Core we just took anyone who was online no matter what class or spec they played. We had shadow priests, ret paladins and many other weaker classes. I suspect these days there will be far more elitism against certain specs... There is also probably going to be far more use of addons than back then... I used to raid with KTM threat meter, a damage meter addon that I can't remember the name of and that was about it. I'm not even sure if I had a raid addon although maybe I did.

Also just because some of us found the entitled, harassing, whiny attitude of some of the vocal minority to be obnoxious and didn't want to see these types of people rewarded, doesn't mean that we ourselves didn't want to play classic.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-11-23 at 01:52 AM.

I should have phrased this better. The group that asked for Vanilla isn't 1 million but I expect at least 1 million users playing the game. BTW I didn't sign that petition and none of the ones I talked to that want Vanilla did, that petition is just a preview of the what's coming.

AFAIK the subject of changing Vanilla is pretty new, it was probably discussed a little before but it's an hot topic since the announcement because of what J. Allen Brack said.

For years the term Vanilla meant the original version. On private servers, people use the term "Blizzlike" which is exactly that, WoW 1.xx (usually 1.12) with all the goods and bads, these are the most popular kind of private WoW servers.

People that want to change Vanilla wasn't interested at all into that game before the announcement, probably because they think "it's old and obsolete" "retail is better" "you have to move forward, stop living in the past" "game was too tedious" etc etc. So that petition is pretty accurate in term of people actually want Vanilla for what it is, a good portion are from private servers, especially Nostalrius so you can include people that want 1:1 vanilla like it was on Nostalrius (purists), the ones that want exploits fixed (which was the case on Nostalrius) and people that want modern models/look since I know people that used "tools" to use modern characters in Vanilla.
    Except that Nostalrius (or any private server) is not actually Vanilla. They are all Vanilla with modifications, fixes and various attempts to imitate the original wow. And as you yourself have pointed out, a fair number of people even playing on those blizz-like servers used additional client modifications to do things like add updated character models to the game.

People that want to change Vanilla wasn't interested at all into that game before the announcement
    Do you see the problem here?

Those people who pushed for vanilla are also the same people who want some of these changes. You can't claim people that want to change Vanilla just jumped on the bandwagon and then try to sweep the fact that people modded and changed their clients under the rug.