Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think numbers should be like WotLK. They felt perfect then, Then it started spiraling out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I'm glad they're doing another squish, but we all know that Blizzard will once again let numbers inflate so fast that we will be back to MoP numbers by the end of BFA, and we will need another squish the expansion after.
    That seems unlikely given that they did an ilvl squish as well. The problem with the pre-WoD squish is that you still had an exponential power curve thanks to ilvl inflation. If they flatten both the stat and ilvl power curve things become more manageable. From what we saw, quest gear was ilvl 180 or something, so I doubt we'll go much further than ilvl 300-350 over the course of BfA, which is equivalent to roughly early Cata. Hopefully after that they keep the numbers under control.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way it looks, you pretty much just get 1 lvl from 1-110 now. Of course, with the world scaling to your character now, that probably fixes it. However, with such a small, insignificant boost to ilvl, combined with blizzard almost completely removing lvling stats previously, they should go ahead and make ALL dungeons available at ALL lvls.

Also, non-max lvl PvP, which very few ppl care about, will be... changed at least. Lvl 60s being able to take on lvl 100s or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That seems unlikely given that they did an ilvl squish as well. The problem with the pre-WoD squish is that you still had an exponential power curve thanks to ilvl inflation. If they flatten both the stat and ilvl power curve things become more manageable. From what we saw, quest gear was ilvl 180 or something, so I doubt we'll go much further than ilvl 300-350 over the course of BfA, which is equivalent to roughly early Cata. Hopefully after that they keep the numbers under control.
    IIRC on one of the demos at blizzcon, a streamer looked at mythic antorus gear in the journal, and the gear was ilvl 305. Correct me if mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I think they are doing it for scaling reasons. If they don't squish and keep power inflation the same as Legion, in BFA tanks would have 30-40 millions hp in the first tier and end the expansion at 100+ millions. It's a ridicoulus gap. By toning the numbers down they can reduce scaling to reasonable levels while keeping the sense of progression for players.
    It's entirely perception. If you start at 4k and end at 40k it's an order of magnitude. If you start at 30m and end at 300m it's an order of magnitude. The power gap is the same in both cases. The numbers are irrelevant to that aspect of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    180 is the level 110 green iLvl. You'll be over 300 before BfA even starts.

They aren't planning to reduce power growth rates. They're just lowering the starting point. It'll still be 15 iLvls per tier, and the relative stat gain per iLvl will remain unchanged.

The only difference to the WoD squish is that this time they're actually adjusting iLvls, instead of only the stats. This is a purely visual thing with no actual impact on the game.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-11-22 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there should be a smaller curve tbh, its so silly how massive jumps in dps we do nowadays, esspecially in wod and legion where we do like 4x more dps than at the start of xpac
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Good.

For further reference, players at lvl 110 playing the demo have about 15k HP. The squish was strong.
    not strong enough
    a 85str weapon is gonna crit very hard and late xpack numbers will start to skyrocket again

I wanted a 1.5/2k crit at most for the begining of the xpack

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    there should be a smaller curve tbh, its so silly how massive jumps in dps we do nowadays, esspecially in wod and legion where we do like 4x more dps than at the start of xpac
    That's not actually significantly different from previous xpacs. Legion had a far larger power growth, but that was mostly because of Artifacts, not iLvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not actually significantly different from previous xpacs. Legion had a far larger power growth, but that was mostly because of Artifacts, not iLvl.
    well there was no artifact in wod yet there too we did waaaaaay more dps at the end
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    well there was no artifact in wod yet there too we did waaaaaay more dps at the end
    Re-read that quote. We had far more than 4x in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    IIRC on one of the demos at blizzcon, a streamer looked at mythic antorus gear in the journal, and the gear was ilvl 305. Correct me if mistaken.
    No, I was mistaken, as both of you pointed out. I thought the gear shown was BfA questing gear equivalent.

So the squish is not as strong as I anticipated, but to me what matters more is if they can keep the number growth in check. I wouldn't mind MoP numbers, so long as we're not back to Legion within one xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Re-read that quote. We had far more than 4x in Legion.
    At the end of EN players were doing 450-500k DPS on ursoc, I'd say sisters is somewhat comparable in terms of ST/adds/movement and players are doing 1380 to 1300k DPS.

While we are obviously going to get a boost from antorus, we're not at the 4x amount yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    not strong enough
    a 85str weapon is gonna crit very hard and late xpack numbers will start to skyrocket again

I wanted a 1.5/2k crit at most for the begining of the xpack
    Do you realize that at some point they can't squish lower without literally destroying the damage and health while leveling, right? At some point, Cataclysm gear becomes exactly the same as TBC gear and new players who are leveling up have ZERO sense of progression of their characters. That feels bad and completely destroys that sense of fun as you start doing more damage as you level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    thank you for replying after a month, doesnæt matter now, its happening, enjoy the cluster fuck like the first time they did this
    You mean when everybody made a huge deal about it and then it didn't matter a week later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    You mean when everybody made a huge deal about it and then it didn't matter a week later?
    Yeah but people just like to exaggerate and make everything the end of the world..

I for one am very happy about this squish!

I gotta have the feeling that the numbers will skyrocket @ lvl 120... similar to how it was in WoD already

Fucking disgusting. Stats squish is the most retarded thing since ptw lvl boost on ingame shop.

I do like the statsquish but Im worried that we will end up in 100 000 plus health when dinging 120!

Quote Originally Posted by Azyure View Post
    Seeing people do nothing but agree is boring. Someone troll this thread up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Fucking disgusting. Stats squish is the most retarded thing since ptw lvl boost on ingame shop.
    Someone finally bit.

Today I resubbed after being off for a couple months and had a good lol over hitting mobs for 1.2 mil as a blood dk. Shit's ridiculous yo.