Was hoping I could dick around until the game closed. Looks like it won't be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Damn... That's brutal. Ah well, guess I had a chance to unlock all the heroes and give most of them a try.

Seems to shame to just let the game die though, it's a fun game.
    It was one of those games that had no real substance to it but every now and then was fun to just mash buttons and make your screen shiny.

I'm glad I got to enjoy it during its glory days. Shame it didn't live up to anyone's hopes and expectations. It had potential if it was managed well.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    An entire company just kicked out the door because of the actions of the CEO? Fucking hell, Disney.
    No, because of their finances. Disney has no control over Gazillions creditors, if their creditors are calling in dues there's nothing Disney can do short of bailing out Gazillion. And that's not happening.

If anything, Gazillion has been less than forthcoming about their situation with Disney.

An entire company just kicked out the door because of the actions of the CEO? Fucking hell, Disney.
    It wasn't Disney's fault. The company was going downhill massively fast. Disney just decided to severe it's ties so it wasn't associated with the CEO. Them shutting the company down isn't Disney's fault, that just shows you how badly they were in the hole. They were developing/working on other games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, people blame Disney for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I'm going to miss this game

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It was one of those games that had no real substance to it but every now and then was fun to just mash buttons and make your screen shiny.
    Indeed, it was a great game to play when you just wanted to walk about smashing stuff and don't really want to concentrate too hard. I played it a lot while watching stuff on netflix, because I want something to do with my hands, while my brain is focused elsewhere.

I'll be sad to see it go.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Love all the free ingame currency and everything costs 50G.

Have been buying Fortune Cards all day

To be fair look at that yank Harvey Wernstein, because of him being in the public eye, anyone who committed perverted acts has come to light.

PS server still up today despite it supposed to be shut last night :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    PS server still up today despite it supposed to be shut last night :P
    Well the shutdown yesterday was all speculation based on the employee email. There was never an official statement or anything saying it would be. With that said the devs said the couple of people in charge of the server were sent home at 6pm pst too. So maybe no one there to shut it off. They also mentioned possibly Monday is shutoff time.

Also, for those who knew about the coupon system, here's some insider information on it and how other companies do it (even though it's probably not news)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2041250...03&t=01h30m04s(Where he says it in chat)Well at least it's confirmed we weren't crazy on the theory
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2041250...ium=video_chat
    Another one justifying it because it's common.

Source: https://dm.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes...tream/dqb9z0y/
    Basically in a nutshell, if you don't spend any money on games they have the algorithm hit you with high % off coupons so you become a spender because once you spend you are more likely to do it again. If you do spend a lot of money well you are SoL and then he tries to justify it by saying "It's common practice"

Apparently according to devs on discord their license was set to expire 6 months ago.. They saved it within 3 days and did so by promising good sales on the console port. The renewed license was the reason the Fantastic Four got pulled from the game.

Gazillion pretty much flopped on finances and couldn't support both versions of the game. Think everyone agrees (even the devs) that the console port was a dumb move for a game already at death's door.

Shame. MHO did justice to a lot of characters I didn't think would be possible for an ARPG, like Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Squirrel Girl..

RIP MHO, gone but forgotten.

Press F to pay your respects.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow RIP... literally opened steam to play it tonight logged in and servers were down, went to forums to chekc if it was just an update, the website was down, went to twitter and said it was closed....didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to my characters...all the years of collectibles i've got stashed gone in an instant..

My last screenshot

So the servers and everything officially shut off hours ago. Still sad to see this game end especially with no marvel game coming close to the amount of playable heroes =/

Was one of the last few pics I took. This one was finding out how bad it was opening up 150 Coffer of Achievement chests.

15+ Year Old Account
    And I never got a full stack of any relic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me either. Best I managed was ~200 Giborrim on Colossus.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

4min 40sec mark Greg Miller talks with Anthony Gallegos worked at Gazillion for almost three years. Gives some inside details about what happen and why the game shutdown.
    Also seems they had content ready to drop at the push of a button but couldn't due to the contract ending back in Oct.

Outright say's don't blame Disney for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Outright say's don't blame Disney for it.
    People will blame Disney due to pulling the contract, but for people who kept up with the news on the forums / subreddit it was definitely upper managment / CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    People will blame Disney due to pulling the contract, but for people who kept up with the news on the forums / subreddit it was definitely upper managment / CEO
    Yep already seen people blame Disney for it on other sites. That part in the video is worth watching IMO. He gives some insight into the company's issues of course there is details he legally can't give.

He also admits he feels for the console users who have only had the game since March. They tried to recover with the console launch but it seems the writing was on the wall by then.

I personally haven't followed the game much until the console release (left PC ages ago). So the CEO issues is all new to me. More I hear/read of it the more it really does show this company dropped the ball hard.

Marvel Prints money how do you fuck that up lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That part in the video is worth watching IMO.
    Yeah, I saw most of it last night. There was another part in that just shows how scummy game developers can be. Basically it was the Destiny 2 XP thing and he states "People would go on the forums to complain so we told them we buffed XP and they said it feels good. Turns out we didn't touch anything, we just posted saying "We buffed it". This was at 27m 5s

The below is another scummy thing. We know what stats we want, so we put on PTR with 25% of the end stats. Let people complain, we buff it back to what we wanted and the community feels amazing that they contributed and was heard.

A lot of it is stuff we speculated and getting an opinion from the inside just kind of frustrates you more.

Amt = Amthua one of the ones in charge of items

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, I saw most of it last night. There was another part in that just shows how scummy game developers can be. Basically it was the Destiny 2 XP thing and he states "People would go on the forums to complain so we told them we buffed XP and they said it feels good. Turns out we didn't touch anything, we just posted saying "We buffed it". This was at 27m 5s

The below is another scummy thing. We know what stats we want, so we put on PTR with 25% of the end stats. Let people complain, we buff it back to what we wanted and the community feels amazing that they contributed and was heard.

A lot of it is stuff we speculated and getting an opinion from the inside just kind of frustrates you more.

Amt = Amthua one of the ones in charge of items
    Ya the video really showed both sides of game development. I thought that was shitty as well and not all that surprised that many dev's do it.

I admit it does make sense tho because if people are bitching just to bitch then why change something? While shitty I understand that mind set as well.

Dev's got to walk a line on what really needs to be changed and what thing people are just bitching about to bitch.