Poll: How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post

I love tears
    Really?Did that dude say,that hunters are OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Rogue friend send me that

Noone is so delusional to say hunters are OP. Only if you are sniping someone on Bareback WQ from 70y on dragon with sniper shot
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-11-23 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Well yes, ofc it's the "end of pvp servers" and that's fine, because you'll have the option in game to join a pvp phase, which to the player, is EXACTLY the same as being on a pvp server. This will give a lot of pve players the chance to get into it, ones who couldn't because they were on pve servers with mates, or guilds etc.

And tons of people will continue to have pvp up for dailies and wqs, for the extra bonuses they get, underrewards pvp players? They'll be giving bonuses to those who choose to be in the pvp phase.

Some players on pvp servers will toggle off, definitely, but a LOT of people on pve servers will toggle on.

You were GIVEN the choice, no ones choice was taken away, people were given the choice. It isn't "qq i'm on a pvp server and can't kill afks anymore" it's "Awesome, I'm on a pvp server and I get to have a lot more world pvp interactions" or "Hell yeah, i'm on a pve server, and I can experience world pvp"

The fact you would prefer killing an afk or a leveling player worldpvp, to getting into large faction vs faction fights, having to be challenged and be good, ganking players who can fight back, that you can show you're a better player against, shows you're in fact the casual player.

- - - Updated - - -

What? If you're toggled on, literally nothing changes for you, aside from maybe seeing less flagged afks and low levels. There's going to be even MORE danger. As long as you don't toggle it off, you'll always have that excitement, and unpredictable nature.
    How delusional can you be not to notice the difference? On PVP server everyone were locked to pvp, so you perfectly new the amount of players you have as targets (population of all pvp servers!) but now it can be the same amount or nearly none since it is inconsistant and anyone can switch in matter of minutes!!! For example some guy gone to make the wq or any other activity in the world on pvp shard and got killed - now he has option to just hs, turn off pvp, come back to farm/questing, simple as that... and guess what he will do the next time? Probably won't bother to be on pvp shard while doing this activities which kills completely the organic nature of wpvp and transform it to instanced activities where no players doing anything meaningful aside of roaming and searching for other players!
    So in answer on your post blizzard is actually taking away my choice of healthy pvp population on the server, my targets for pvp and etc.
    Also how the fact of being casual denies the aspect of wpvp? Are all casuals in your opnion pve carebears?
    The overall shift over the years from pvp being the main servers while pve as a side servers with drasticly lower population to only pve servers in BFA... sick...

Rogue friend send me that

Noone is so delusional to say hunters are OP. Only if you are sniping someone on Bareback WQ from 70y on dragon with sniper shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Tbf, hunters are extremely strong in world pvp, you can kill someone in 3 seconds if you crit. And 1 shot if they're averagely geared and you crit.

I wouldn't say OP, as lots of specs can do similar, but they are mega strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Oh mimimimi. Don't play on pvp servers to begin with.
    PvP servers are not simply a choice for PvP or not.
    Friends, Guilds etc.
    Overused statement that ignores that a realm can be more than the PvP flagging.
    By that argument, should we remove PvE from PvP realms ?
    Because they are not "PvE" labelled.

Should the realm type actually segregate you into just that content ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes, ofc it's the "end of pvp servers" and that's fine, because you'll have the option in game to join a pvp phase, which to the player, is EXACTLY the same as being on a pvp server. This will give a lot of pve players the chance to get into it, ones who couldn't because they were on pve servers with mates, or guilds etc.
    So I have the option to flag myself for PvP and fight other players who are flagged for PvP? Wow, that sounds new, exciting and totally unlike PvE servers!

And tons of people will continue to have pvp up for dailies and wqs, for the extra bonuses they get, underrewards pvp players? They'll be giving bonuses to those who choose to be in the pvp phase.
    Yeah, go back and re-read that bit. Underreward doesn't mean "no reward" it means "a reward not big enough to properly incentivize participation."

Some players on pvp servers will toggle off, definitely, but a LOT of people on pve servers will toggle on.
    Yes, totally. A "LOT," do you even read these threads, or are you entirely in your own fantasy world? Judging by the types of posts that come up, the excitement over this change seems to be coming from people on PvP servers looking for what amounts to a free transfer. There's far fewer people on PvE servers looking to PvP.

You were GIVEN the choice, no ones choice was taken away, people were given the choice. It isn't "qq i'm on a pvp server and can't kill afks anymore" it's "Awesome, I'm on a pvp server and I get to have a lot more world pvp interactions" or "Hell yeah, i'm on a pve server, and I can experience world pvp"
    No, actually choice was taken away. I'm now no longer permanently flagged, nor am I in a world with people who are permanently flagged. What I can now do is opt-in, which is exactly what PvE servers already allow players to do.

The fact you would prefer killing an afk or a leveling player worldpvp, to getting into large faction vs faction fights, having to be challenged and be good, ganking players who can fight back, that you can show you're a better player against, shows you're in fact the casual player.
    The fact that you're under the impression that WPvP is about "showing you're a better player" shows you're not well-versed in PvP, m8. There's only one form of PvP that actually determines skill: 3s. Speaking of 3s, man I wonder how I stumbled into all of these cosmetics, titles and rating?!?! I'm just a casual!

Choice is being taken away, and if these threads are anything to go by, WPvP isn't in for a "bright new beginning." Get ready for opt-in battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac? I for one cannot wait to never have to deal with being killed just going to a freaking flight path cause I was forced on a pvp server shard....

ha....ha....h....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... .

oh wait, you werent being a sarcastic troll? Guess the duck lips selfies really can give an indication of intelligence....

Deleted
    How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac? I for one cannot wait to never have to deal with being killed just going to a freaking flight path cause I was forced on a pvp server shard....
    Who forced you on a pvp server exactly? You get to choose when you create your character.
    Also PVP balance has nothing to do with you crying over getting ganked.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? If you're toggled on, literally nothing changes for you, aside from maybe seeing less flagged afks and low levels. There's going to be even MORE danger. As long as you don't toggle it off, you'll always have that excitement, and unpredictable nature.
    No, I think he has a fair point actually. It does kinda take away the unpredictability of previous world PvP, at least in theory. In the past, only a small percentage of people you met in the wild would actually attack you. You always had to wonder, and decide whether to prepare for it, take evasive action, act natural, or make the first move yourself.

It usually depended on a few things, i.e if they felt like they had the advantage, due to whether you were fighting mobs already, or if you were on low health, or if they could get a good opener from cover. It depended on their mood, or on whether they had back-up, or whether they felt their class had an advantage over yours.

Now? If it's to be rewarded, and you only flag when you want to PvP, that uncertainty and excitement's mostly gone. The only excitement lies in the actual combat, which (let's be honest) hasn't been great in WoW PvP for a fair while. You don't stop to wonder what that person's going to do.

Red? Will fight. Not red? Will not fight. Yawn. How controlled and boring.

you do realize that you will only see flagged people not unflagged ones and this can only be changed in a capital city
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    How delusional can you be not to notice the difference? On PVP server everyone were locked to pvp, so you perfectly new the amount of players you have as targets (population of all pvp servers!) but now it can be the same amount or nearly none since it is inconsistant and anyone can switch in matter of minutes!!! For example some guy gone to make the wq or any other activity in the world on pvp shard and got killed - now he has option to just hs, turn off pvp, come back to farm/questing, simple as that... and guess what he will do the next time? Probably won't bother to be on pvp shard while doing this activities which kills completely the organic nature of wpvp and transform it to instanced activities where no players doing anything meaningful aside of roaming and searching for other players!
    So in answer on your post blizzard is actually taking away my choice of healthy pvp population on the server, my targets for pvp and etc.
    Also how the fact of being casual denies the aspect of wpvp? Are all casuals in your opnion pve carebears?
    The overall shift over the years from pvp being the main servers while pve as a side servers with drasticly lower population to only pve servers in BFA... sick...
    Except with phasing, instead of seeing the pvp server players, you will now see pvp and pve server players, meaning despite losing pvp players that you see, you'll see more from pve. Making the total the same, if not more.

And sure, you can switch in a matter of minutes, if you hearth to a city. Which means the person who killed you, would have to let you escape once you rez, which means even on a pvp server, they were home free. Then that guy gets 5-10minutes of his time wasted, and loses the bonus of being flagged pvp. Because you were good enough to stop him from being able to enjoy the bonus.

Your entire argument, implies that most people on pvp servers will give up and turn off pvp, and no one from pve will turn on pvp.

When in reality, a SHIT ton of people who play on pve servers will toggle on pvp.

You're completely ignoring the BONUS you will get, for having pvp toggled on, motivating players to do meaningful things, such as world quests etc. Why are you pretending that doesn't exist? That will MOTIVATE players into putting pvp on for world content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    No, I think he has a fair point actually. It does kinda take away the unpredictability of previous world PvP, at least in theory. In the past, only a small percentage of people you met in the wild would actually attack you. You always had to wonder, and decide whether to prepare for it, take evasive action, act natural, or make the first move yourself.

It usually depended on a few things, i.e if they felt like they had the advantage, due to whether you were fighting mobs already, or if you were on low health, or if they could get a good opener from cover. It depended on their mood, or on whether they had back-up, or whether they felt their class had an advantage over yours.

Now? If it's to be rewarded, and you only flag when you want to PvP, that uncertainty and excitement's mostly gone. The only excitement lies in the actual combat, which (let's be honest) hasn't been great in WoW PvP for a fair while. You don't stop to wonder what that person's going to do.

Except that's wrong, most people will have pvp on, without the intent to fight, and just for the bonuses (the bonuses are shit like extra rep etc, stuff you don't have to actually pvp to reap the rewards of)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, pretty sure you weren't forced on a PvP server, you choose it.

In a way, I find it great with the changes, less ganking but in a way, I find it sad too, less danger.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post

I like how you and some know-it-alls above already have clear knowledge of how exactly is it gonna be.

Blizz said they're gonna add extra rewards for enabling PvP. Which means there are gonna be people who will want to do stuff faster/in higher amount, but not interested in PvP. Those people will not attack you, just like people who do the 500 honor PvP quests, but don't attack you - why? Because they want the extra reward, not the PvP.

10+ Year Old Account

I love tears
    Well, it IS burning blade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    So I have the option to flag myself for PvP and fight other players who are flagged for PvP? Wow, that sounds new, exciting and totally unlike PvE servers!

Yeah, go back and re-read that bit. Underreward doesn't mean "no reward" it means "a reward not big enough to properly incentivize participation."

Yes, totally. A "LOT," do you even read these threads, or are you entirely in your own fantasy world? Judging by the types of posts that come up, the excitement over this change seems to be coming from people on PvP servers looking for what amounts to a free transfer. There's far fewer people on PvE servers looking to PvP.

No, actually choice was taken away. I'm now no longer permanently flagged, nor am I in a world with people who are permanently flagged. What I can now do is opt-in, which is exactly what PvE servers already allow players to do.

The fact that you're under the impression that WPvP is about "showing you're a better player" shows you're not well-versed in PvP, m8. There's only one form of PvP that actually determines skill: 3s. Speaking of 3s, man I wonder how I stumbled into all of these cosmetics, titles and rating?!?! I'm just a casual!

Choice is being taken away, and if these threads are anything to go by, WPvP isn't in for a "bright new beginning." Get ready for opt-in battlegrounds.
    1. It's not like pve servers, as you have to go back to a city to turn it on and off, and there's rewards that weren't there before.

2. No one knows the exact rewards yet, so saying it isn't good enough, is idiotic.

3. The fact you think the general opinion of mmo champ, is of ANY reflection to how the majority works in game, is a joke.

4. See #1, and stop being a special snowflake. You can permanently be pvp flagged if you choose to be, and those around you can't just "switch off". Why are you pretending that this option doesn't happen currently? Half the pvp encounters you see, has one person use a server hop addon when they're about to lose. That's an in-combat "un-flag" and a far bigger issue than someone after being killed, having to escape you, and go back to town to toggle off.

If that person has the time to mount up and escape back to a city, you lost your chance to kill them anyway, nothing changed.

5. I'm perfectly world pvp is currently "hurr i farmed someone who massively undergears me" but i'm saying this new way, will be MUCH better.

6. Sure, in an "oh poor me" world, i can see how you could think your choice is being "taken away" but more people are being given a choice they didn't have before. The majority gain choice, while the minority "lose" it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I'll form a Zandalari Hunting Party and the Alliance better get ready for some Loa Holy Fire.

But 10 years ago her type actually was a relevant target demographic of PvP servers in mmorpgs. I'm glad that current devs actually want to balance the "PvP Server" activity.
    It's almost as if games allowing players to be purposefully toxic to one another have been slowly dying off the last decade and the only players that are actually interested in that kind of gameplay are actually a huge minority when it comes to the vast majority of gamers and potential gamers.

But structured, interesting wPvP that has a bounty system that actually functions (And not like the cancer GTA V system) would be a hell of a turning point for a game that spawned things like "mid air rogue shadowstep lowbie gank compilation."
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. It's not like pve servers, as you have to go back to a city to turn it on and off, and there's rewards that weren't there before.
    We'll get to rewards later, in the current PvE flag system, it's not like you can toggle it at will. You have to be out of PvP combat for ~5min. So essentially we're trading one "minor inconvenience" when deflagging for another.

2. No one knows the exact rewards yet, so saying it isn't good enough, is idiotic.
    I'll choose not to make a snarky comment pointing out that you were claiming the rewards were going to be good enough to entice people to opt-in. That said, this is where Blizzard's track record comes in. They've historically underrewarded PvP participation, why should I expect this system to be any different? Especially when they've also said they don't want players who choose to opt-out to feel "punished."

3. The fact you think the general opinion of mmo champ, is of ANY reflection to how the majority works in game, is a joke.
    Where did I say that MMO-Champion was representative of the entire WoW Community? Obviously one should take it with a grain of salt; however, it is worth looking at the general consensus here. Things are even more slanted in my favor over on the official forums (in that they're filled with players on PvP servers excited to opt-out). Again, grain of salt, but that's at least some form of proof.
    Meanwhile, you're over here vomiting out phrases like: "When in reality, a SHIT ton of people who play on pve servers will toggle on pvp." & "a LOT of people on pve servers will toggle on." When we really haven't seen much evidence at all of that. So even taking my references to forums with a mountain of salt, I'm still coming out ahead of your wishful thinking and baseless speculation.

4. See #1, and stop being a special snowflake. You can permanently be pvp flagged if you choose to be, and those around you can't just "switch off". Why are you pretending that this option doesn't happen currently? Half the pvp encounters you see, has one person use a server hop addon when they're about to lose. That's an in-combat "un-flag" and a far bigger issue than someone after being killed, having to escape you, and go back to town to toggle off.
    Server hopping is cancer. That's not a reason to remove PvP servers. Players can't just "switch off" under the current PvE Server PvP Flag system.

5. I'm perfectly world pvp is currently "hurr i farmed someone who massively undergears me" but i'm saying this new way, will be MUCH better.
    This isn't even a coherent sentence. Regardless, the new system, assuming one isn't a brain dead Blizzard shill or casual, is an opt-in, open world BG. The dymanic and organic elements of WPvP, the elements that actually made for interesting encounters, are gone. That's not better.

6. Sure, in an "oh poor me" world, i can see how you could think your choice is being "taken away" but more people are being given a choice they didn't have before. The majority gain choice, while the minority "lose" it.
    What choice is that? To opt-in to PvP? They can either server transfer or type "/pvp." There's no option being added, the PvE server system is just being expanded while PvP servers are getting axed.

You sounded so confident and sure that choice was expanding for everyone though. It's almost like this is a thinly-veiled attempt at backpedaling.
    "What? Choice is being expanded!"
    "O-okay, well some people are kinda sorta getting a choice, only an unsavory minority is losing a choice!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's almost as if games allowing players to be purposefully toxic to one another have been slowly dying off the last decade and the only players that are actually interested in that kind of gameplay are actually a huge minority when it comes to the vast majority of gamers and potential gamers.
    Imagine actually believing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It moves away from PvP in the game so it's a big + for me.
    agreed - the sonner they remove it completly the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be pvp servers in the next expac therefore you won't be forced onto a pvp server shard.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Hate world pvp. Getting ganked by random rogues isn't fun as they kill you in a stun lock.
    Nothing fun about it, its not even pvp. Im a target dummy for them as I can't actually fight back.

Glad its going, i'm on a pve server for a reason.