Will Duskbreaker be the strongest card in the history of the game?

Inspired by this article.

I'm a big fan of the dragon priest deck theme and this looks to address one of the deck's biggest weaknesses: defense against aggro decks with hard-hitting, early minions. Will the card be OP like some are predicting or will it see less play than we think?

Last edited by bionics; 2017-11-21 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Included image.

Don't know about "strongest card in the history of the game". It is certainly strong, especially against aggro, but it is exclusively a dragon priest card. Assuming dragon priest is going to be viable in the upcoming meta, it might make it tough for standard aggro decks.

7+ Year Old Account
    This card will atleast make it hard to make a minion based agro deck in standard. Sure, if Warriors, rogues, shamans or paladins get to be very agro, this card will do little since spells and charge minions work around it, but if you are trying to take over the board by turn 5, it will be very hard with this around.

But it is still like Doomsayer. It might stop your opponent, but it will also stop you. It is not like dragonfire potion, which would not hurt some of your minions. If you play 2 of these after each other, it is not like you are gonna end up with 2 3/3s on the board.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Prince shadowstep - prince shadowstep - prince and your week boardclear wont stop me from killing you on turn 7 with my bonemare or leeroy .
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-02 at 10:12 PM.

Looks like a strong card for a super boring deck. Not looking forward to meet dragon priests.

It is strong if you are behind, but at the end of the day if you aren't behind you are not likely to use this card in that moment. Think of this card as a little better version of Chillmaw, which mostly saw no play because it was expensive, but also because the priest player didn't want to help wipe their own board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest can put a ridiculous amount of AoE in a Wild deck now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Prince shadowstep - prince shadowstep - prince and your week boardclear wont stop me from killing you on turn 7 with my highmane or leeroy .
    Well I don't think anyone can stop someone who can shadowstep as a hunter. A turn 2 where you start with 2 shadowsteps and prince(max 1 copy) in hand is a rare occurrence anyway, compared to a priest having 1x Duskbreaker by turn 4.

Duskbreaker isn't/won't be the deciding factor in games. Operator is the broken aspect of Dragon Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Well I don't think anyone can stop someone who can shadowstep as a hunter. A turn 2 where you start with 2 shadowsteps and prince(max 1 copy) in hand is a rare occurrence anyway, compared to a priest having 1x Duskbreaker by turn 4.

Duskbreaker isn't/won't be the deciding factor in games. Operator is the broken aspect of Dragon Priest.
    1x prince + shadowstep is fucking commen when i play against rogue oh and now we have the gorgo and secrets so even more bouncebacks <3.

15+ Year Old Account
    This card is a cheaper Excavated Evil that also leaves a body, but has dragon synergy requirement.

Ex Evil was (and still is, in Wild) basically a staple auto-pick for Priest. Dragon Priest Wild decks will drop Ex Evil for this for sure. Standard Dragon might hang around until the next rotation also, since Twilights and Operatives are still so strong.

Either way. Very very strong card. Strongest ever? No, because it's not at auto-include status for every deck type due to Dragon tribe requirements.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Prince shadowstep - prince shadowstep - prince and your week boardclear wont stop me from killing you on turn 7 with my highmane or leeroy .
    Care to explain how you either 1) Got 2 Shadowstep as a Hunter or 2) Got a Highmane as a Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Care to explain how you either 1) Got 2 Shadowstep as a Hunter or 2) Got a Highmane as a Rogue
    Bonemare sorry.
    Oh and ofc you get the Highmane from the hunter you playing against since the 1 mana 1/1 pirat always gives good value xp.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-02 at 10:14 PM.

1x prince + shadowstep is fucking commen when i play against rogue oh and now we have the gorgo and secrets so even more bouncebacks <3.
    Yep that top tier keleseth secret rogue deck. Rogue secrets are 2 mana btw.

Having Keleseth in the opening hand or within the first 3 draws (so by turn 3) should be roughly 31% (~28% if going first, ~33.5% going 2nd). There's 2 copies of shadowstep, so call it about 50% chance of the same... so to have both shadowstep and Keleseth by turn 3 should be about 1 game in 6 (ignoring extra card draw).

Its strong but still nowhere near as impactful as Ultimate Infestation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    It is strong if you are behind, but at the end of the day if you aren't behind you are not likely to use this card in that moment. Think of this card as a little better version of Chillmaw, which mostly saw no play because it was expensive, but also because the priest player didn't want to help wipe their own board.
    Its just a different kind of deck. I thought that this card would be bad because all the cards that made dragon priest a thing have pretty much been rotated out and even then dragon priest relied on minion presence which a card like this is counter productive.
    However the decks that see this card aren't decks which are constantly flooding the board, so this sort of card works as a stall and being only 4 mana means 3 damage can clear almost all the current early game threats whilst also developing a body which imo makes it pretty strong.