Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Citizen Kane* And theres no middle ground between black and white classics or retired wrestlers trying to act against a green screen?
    Seemingly not, with the way people bitch about popcorn action movies.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Find that hard believe with Marvel's connected universe superhero spam which is DEFIANTLY popcorn action movies has made over 13 billion in the past 10 years

And the single biggest movie in terms of sales in the past 5 was Jurassic world/star wars more popcorn action flicks

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile Wind River, an interesting thriller set in Wyoming which was a fantastic movie no one went too. Same with bladerunner

I call severe bullshit on your statement sir

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Find that hard believe with Marvel's connected universe superhero spam which is DEFIANTLY popcorn action movies has made over 13 billion in the past 10 years

And the single biggest movie in terms of sales in the past 5 was Jurassic world/star wars more popcorn action flicks

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile Wind River, an interesting thriller set in Wyoming which was a fantastic movie no one went too. Same with bladerunner

I call severe bullshit on your statement sir
    And people bitch on till eternity about how shit Marvel is, people shit on JW as well. It doing well seems to have no impact on the amount of bitching people will do about Transformers like action movies. I dont know what internet you exist on, but the one I exist on has any movie like this being lambasted as soon as the first poster is revealed.

I feel like you are taking my hyperbolic first post WAY to serious. Are you seriously unaware how movies like this generally get shit on by the internet, before they even release?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

And people bitch on till eternity about how shit Marvel is, people shit on JW as well. It doing well seems to have no impact on the amount of bitching people will do about Transformers like action movies. I dont know what internet you exist on, but the one I exist on has any movie like this being lambasted as soon as the first poster is revealed.

I feel like you are taking my hyperbolic first post WAY to serious. Are you seriously unaware how movies like this generally get shit on by the internet, before they even release?
    Oh sure but people complain about everything. They complain about eating, sex, sleeping. They complain about things we are designed to enjoy just to be contrarian.

If you actually look at the numbers and ignore twitter chatter you will find a lot of people actually enjoy the big blockbusters. Otherwise they wouldnt make money and studio's wouldnt make them.

Try to care less about peoples opinions, its a great relief not giving a shit about a battle you'll never win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Could we see a sequel where Rampage battles Kaiju?
    "Rampage" isn't the name of any of the monsters. Just their franchise.

They bitch about them, but plenty of them still go and see them...while ignoring many other non-popcorn movies, which makes their bitching not actually very relevant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    "Rampage" isn't the name of any of the monsters. Just their franchise.
    But you know what I mean, right?

Deleted
    wow this movie looks AMAZING

the CGI is top notch but it overshadowed by Dwayne Johnson, can someone say OSCAR?

10+ Year Old Account
    But you know what I mean, right?
    Sure. Crossovers can be good.

Damn I played that game so much in the 90's. Must say it's probably the last game I'd ever expect to become a movie, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Sure. Crossovers can be good.
    Agreed. This theoretical one that we're discussing more than likely would suck, but it could be interesting, and more than likely highly entertaining.

Rampage looks kind of entertaining - I just saw the trailer. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    wow this movie looks AMAZING

the CGI is top notch but it overshadowed by Dwayne Johnson, can someone say OSCAR?
    You need to dial the sarcasm back a bit. I'm a fan of the humor style but you're way to obvious to get any enjoyment out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. This theoretical one that we're discussing more than likely would suck, but it could be interesting, and more than likely highly entertaining.

Rampage looks kind of entertaining - I just saw the trailer. Should be fun.
    Movies about big monsters destroying things don't have to be high art for me to enjoy them. Give me a beer and a pizza and a movie like that and I'll enjoy my evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Sadly most of todays audience think this ist some sort of King Kong/Godzilla Rip-Off.
    Well, to be fair, the game the movie is based on is a King Kong/Godzilla Knock off.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, to be fair, the game the movie is based on is a King Kong/Godzilla Knock off.
    I get where you coming from, but i would more say inspired.

Otherwise every war-movie (just example) would be a rip off of the first right?

Rampage is in the Kaiju-Genre and those beasts tend to destroy buildings but thats it.

I get where you coming from, but i would more say inspired.

Otherwise every war-movie (just example) would be a rip off of the first right?

Rampage is in the Kaiju-Genre and those beasts tend to destroy buildings but thats it.
    Except 2 of the beasts are clearly "inspired" by King Kong and Godzilla.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Except 2 of the beasts are clearly "inspired" by King Kong and Godzilla.
    Yes, but not every dude with a machine gun is Rambo.

Let me explain a bit better where i see the difference.

In Rampage the destruction is the main objective, you go in there just to wreak havoc its your motivation. You want to be more destructive than the other Monster.

In Godzilla or King Kong the destruction is more of a side effect cause the things are big.
    King Kong doesnt want to be in New York to wreck the place.
    Godzilla could be more of the wrecker but then again, often he slept for years and years and then is waked up. It more like Moskito hunting.
    Or in many cases he fights another big monster and we are just in the way.

Thats how i see it and thats why Rampage is clearly inspired by but not the same as Godzilla and King Kong.

Sure we can agree to disagree about it but thats how the world work right?

I used to play this game everday on ps2 in the late 90s i cant wait i loved this game so much lolp

In Rampage the destruction is the main objective, you go in there just to wreak havoc its your motivation. You want to be more destructive than the other Monster.

In Godzilla or King Kong the destruction is more of a side effect cause the things are big.
    The original Godzilla, the very first, was intended to be a physical representation of the atomic bomb, which was still fresh in the minds of the Japanese. So...yeah, he actually was very much meant to represent deliberate destruction, not just a side effect of being big.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The original Godzilla, the very first, was intended to be a physical representation of the atomic bomb, which was still fresh in the minds of the Japanese. So...yeah, he actually was very much meant to represent deliberate destruction, not just a side effect of being big.
    You are aware that i said this right? Not word for word but i admitted it.

Well, what do i care, i explained it and if some have another opinion thats ok.
    We all can see the world only through our own interpretation. Nothing wrong with it.

I will be happy to watch this movie, will see it at not just Godzilla vs King Kong (that movie is in the making i think) and munch my popcorn while doing so thinking about the fun it makes to play the game. XD
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2017-11-23 at 04:00 PM.