Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is the sort of petty bullshit the EU isn't above when it comes to member states that don't toe the party line.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Given the threat Brexit poses to my country I am extremely bitter over the scenario. I want the UK to suffer for it. If the UK suffers enough we might be able to swing a vote on reunification and leave this tory run nuthouse.

But I apologise for any bitterness spewed in your personal direction.
    Maybe it's time to get the north to join the Republic? Not sure why people in N. Ireland have not clamored for this already....

Deleted
    Given the threat Brexit poses to my country I am extremely bitter over the scenario. I want the UK to suffer for it.

But I apologise for any bitterness spewed in your personal direction.
    Northern Island is part of the UK, the referendum was a UK referendum. You can't blame others especially considering NI wasn't 100% remain, 44.2% voted Leave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    This is the sort of petty bullshit the EU isn't above when it comes to member states that don't toe the party line.
    How is it petty, the UK won't be part of the EU by 2020.... it's like asking for a salary from a job you have already left.

Deleted
    You have to be part of the EEA to host the event. May already said the UK will not be in the EEA. it is not a difficult concept to grasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Northern Island is part of the UK, the referendum was a UK referendum. You can't blame others especially considering NI wasn't 100% remain
    I blame sheer stupidity for the result. I rapidly grew tired of having to protect leavers feelings by saying otherwise. They voted to make themselves poorer and their country irrelevant.

And the North of Ireland is full of a lot of people who'd vote for a brain dead goat if you stuffed it in a union jack, and despite that it was still a remain majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    How is it petty, the UK won't be part of the EU by 2020.... it's like asking for a salary from a job you have already left.
    "This is despite the fact that cities in Europe that are outside the European Union have participated in the scheme historically."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    Perfectly said!

Using another analogy, it's like unsubscribbing from a gym but still wanting to use the treadmill. It's stupid, selfish and downright arrogant. The MPs who are angered by this should have thought about this before backing the leave campaign - whether Conservative *or* Labour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that since Italy didn't qualify for the world cup next year they probably won't win it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    You have to be part of the EAA to host the event. May already said the UK will not be in the EAA. it is not a difficult concept to grasp.
    The issue is that A. the decision was made before Brexit and B. they have waited almost 18 months to say anything. Either they should've allowed it due to the decision occurring before Brexit or announce that Brexit would immediately invalidate this in 2016

"This is despite the fact that cities in Europe that are outside the European Union have participated in the scheme historically."

The cities that have been awarded ECC have been a part of other European organisations - such as the EEA. Come Brexit, Britain will no longer be a part of *any* European organisation.

Deleted
    I blame sheer stupidity for the result. I rapidly grew tired of having to protect leavers feelings by saying otherwise. They voted to make themselves poorer and their country irrelevant.

And the North of Ireland is full of a lot of people who'd vote for a brain dead goat if you stuffed it in a union jack, and despite that it was still a remain majority.
    Only by 11% compared to England. NI are just as responsible for Brexit than England Wales and Scotland

Deleted
    Sure, sorry, the EEA, which the UK will not be a part of either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...tal_of_Culture

Deleted
    You have to be part of the EU or the EEA to host it. Britain is leaving the EEA and the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Good.

People should be punished more and feel the pinch when they vote out of ignorance.
    Ironically the ones who care about this, are more likely to be those who voted to stay.

So, Yay for karmic justice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Perfect xD
    What about Greece? We elected to stay and defend our European ideals, no matter what our country is going through. Much better than being caught up in ourselves enough to elect to leave because we thought that we will do better alone, betraying everyone else that has helped us, including Britain, in the process.

As many top European politicians have said, including Emmanuel Macron, Greece is Europe. My country stands in a much better position that Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only by 11% compared to England. NI are just as responsible for Brexit than England Wales and Scotland
    Really? Because it seems to me Brexit was the pet project of the crazy wing of the Conservative party (as opposed to the mean, nasty wing of the Conservative party). And the Conservative party is the party of England and Wales.

As for the North of Ireland, there was a Remain majority, not a leave majority. We voted against this madness, mostly because we are right in the firing line. A border in my country at the best of some old sods in England.

F**k that.

Britain left EU not Europe
    That is at the very least laughable.

Not even mentioning the policies Britain has historically chosen to follow over its lifespan, the country was always considered to be very close to the US, and many-a-time opt for the US side of things than the European one. That alone had earned the country a reputation amongst every European in the Union, at least anyone interested enough to look up these facts.

Britain decided to betray all of Europe, spat on everyone's face, broke apart the vision all of Europe stood for after the 2nd WW, for a united & peaceful Europe and now Britain expects anything else other than spite?

Do you realise what the UK has achieved with this decision? Even at least historically? Do you realise the magnitude of betrayal the country has displayed to all other countries of the Union? I am deeply European since my early teens, and that has been over a decade now, and I could not believe my ears when the result of the British Referendum was announced. I feel incredibly sorry for everyone that voted Remain, being trapped in a country that does not allow them to be Europeans.

The country simply went traitor to every European's beliefs, visions and expectations of integrity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    That is at the very least laughable.

Not even mentioning the policies Britain has historically chosen to follow over its lifespan, the country was always considered to be very close to the US, and many-a-time opt for the US side of things than the European one. That alone had earned the country a reputation amongst every European in the Union, at least anyone interested enough to look up these facts.

Britain decided to betray all of Europe, spat on everyone's face, broke apart the vision all of Europe stood for after the 2nd WW, for a united & peaceful Europe and now Britain expects anything else other than spite?

Do you realise what the UK has achieved with this decision? Even at least historically? Do you realise the magnitude of betrayal the country has displayed to all other countries of the Union? I am deeply European since my early teens, and that has been over a decade now, and I could not believe my ears when the result of the British Referendum was announced. I feel incredibly sorry for everyone that voted Remain, being trapped in a country that does not allow them to be Europeans.

The country simply went traitor to every European's beliefs, visions and expectations of integrity.
    I'm not entering this pointless discussion

Deleted
    Well regarding this example I don't really have a horse in the race... but it does seem silly to fuel anti-EU sentiment further with this especially considering the amount of money the cities already spent. Should've announced this in 2016
    Neither side look like taking the high road.

Hard brexit. deport teh furinners, bring back the expats, wt rulez and pray mercedes and bmw bung the German government enough so they agree to positive talks