10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Perhaps more people use it because they have very low standards for fun. But it is still not a new piece of content. It is literally just a dumbed down version of the raid that was released two months earlier. It also has less mechanics and takes a comparatively shorter time to clear.

This is comming for someone who never raided on the highest difficulties ever. On any MMO.
    I don't see why you felt the need to point out your raiding experience to further explain your point that is completely irrelevant to raiding on the highest difficulty. As Shadochi said, going by your logic the only content in a raid is Mythic content because Heroic, Normal, and LFR are all dumbed down versions of the Mythic mechanics.

Spoiler alert though: the first time somebody experiences a raid makes it new content, regardless of difficulty and how long it's been out for. Most people experience a raid through LFR, so for them, it is new content. Just because you will have cleared the raid a handful of times by the time LFR is fully unlocked doesn't mean that the final wing won't be new content for the majority of the subscribers who are at 110.

As somebody who arguably felt the need to brag about raiding at the highest difficulty, I would have thought that you'd be more likely to have an open mind about what somebody would consider to be content and how they prefer to raid. You would be surprised by the amount of people who would consider LFR to be their end-game experience as a raider.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-11-23 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And the final picture for Legion is going to be something like: out of, say, 24 months of the expansion, 10 months were the acknowledged draught, 6 months this unacknowledged draught masquerading as "totally not a draught", and only 8 months were content (including such crap as 7.2). I wonder what's the split for BFA is going to be - 5 months of content? 3?
    So you dont like content like class mounts and pet battle dungeons and cry no ccontent. the problem is clearly YOU....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    probably more than 30 times, for several months.
    And still Jay beats you every time
    Genn is nothing but an idiotic faction war plot device to shoehorn it into the game.
    you are so right.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So you dont like content like class mounts and pet battle dungeons and cry no ccontent. the problem is clearly YOU....

- - - Updated - - -

And still Jay beats you every time
    you are so right.
    Lol, can't even own up to editing quotes. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't see why you felt the need to point out your raiding experience to further explain your point that is completely irrelevant to raiding on the highest difficulty. As Shadochi said, going by your logic the only content in a raid is Mythic content because Heroic, Normal, and LFR are all dumbed down versions of the Mythic mechanics.

Spoiler alert though: the first time somebody experiences a raid makes it new content, regardless of difficulty and how long it's been out for. Most people experience a raid through LFR, so for them, it is new content. Just because you will have cleared the raid a handful of times by the time LFR is fully unlocked doesn't mean that the final wing won't be new content for the majority of the subscribers who are at 110.

As somebody who arguably felt the need to brag about raiding at the highest difficulty, I would have thought that you'd be more likely to have an open mind about what somebody would consider to be content and how they prefer to raid. You would be surprised by the amount of people who would consider LFR to be their end-game experience as a raider.
    Funny how you mention that as I actually said the exact opposite. And why you ask? To prevent accusations that I only consider Mythic to be content because I am some elitist twat. There are people like that.

You are correct though that there needs to be two definitions of 'new content'. One from a development perspective, and one from the subjective perspective of individual players.

And considering Hellfire Ctidadel on LFR was easier than the Deadmines, I am pretty sure I would indeed be surprised by the actual number of people who look at LFR as endgame. And saddened.

10+ Year Old Account
    We meed to revive the hype

[/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lilithvia_Akamadaughter @Fummockelchen @huth

It's the same poster from 2 years ago who said updated spell animations were a waste of resources and would hold back content. I wouldn't give him the time of day when discussing "content", he doesn't know what he wants.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-23 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you mention that as I actually said the exact opposite. And why you ask? To prevent accusations that I only consider Mythic to be content because I am some elitist twat. There are people like that.
    And you're apparently one of them given your logic because every level of content prior to Mythic is dumbed down.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    @Lilithvia_Akamadaughter @Fummockelchen @huth

It's the same poster from 2 years ago who said updated spell animations were a waste of resources and would hold back content. I wouldn't give him the time of day when discussing "content", he doesn't know what he wants.
    There's a space in my username

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    There's a space in my username
    Because you're a space goat?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, why are we only at 1432 pages?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Because you're a space goat?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because you arent using the default posts per page!

5+ Year Old Account
    Because you arent using the default posts per page!
    LIES!
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else have lilithvia on ignore cause I'm leaning towards smashing that mfing ignore button and would like a secondary opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone else have lilithvia on ignore cause I'm leaning towards smashing that mfing ignore button and would like a secondary opinion
    I don't have anyone on ignore, I just tend to skip over some posters when I see certain names/sigs/avatars, but most of the time don't.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

We are at 2864 pages...

Oh really?
    Well people sure do like their space goats....( I don't...since I am Horde...I love my Blood Elves and the other races in the red faction)

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely.
    Oh hey there...
    You looking forward to Battle for Azeroth Bjor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least the wound should be present at that point. Quests and such probably have to wait till everybody sees it.
    It could be a pre-patch too or be included with the after raid content....
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    And you're apparently one of them given your logic because every level of content prior to Mythic is dumbed down.
    Joke's on you. Normal and Heroic come out a week before Mythic.

This is how it looks:

- Raid comes out (new stuff)
    - A week later a higher difficulty version of the raid comes up, with more mechanics (an upgrade)
    - Two months later a faceroll version comes out that even your cat can play (a massive donwgrade)

Wether it makes sense to release the same raid in four different difficulties is another matter entirely.

10+ Year Old Account

This is how it looks:

- A week later a higher difficulty version of the raid comes up, with more mechanics (an upgrade)
    - Two months later a faceroll version comes out that even your cat can play (a massive donwgrade)

Wether it makes sense to release the same raid in four different difficulties is another matter entirely.
    That's strange, none of that seems to change the fact that they're all dumbed down versions of Mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have anyone on ignore, I just tend to skip over some posters when I see certain names/sigs/avatars, but most of the time don't.
    If you do that why don't you just ignore them? Their posts are automatically collapsed.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-11-23 at 11:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

This is how it looks:

Different color of tier sets, so there still is something new in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

That's strange, none of that seems to change the fact that they're all dumbed down versions of Mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do that why don't you just ignore them? Their posts are automatically collapsed.
    Because most of the time I don't mind reading posts from anyone, its just that sometimes (very rarely) I'm not in a mood to read some of them so I put them on a mental ignore.

Sailor Twift loves everyone equally.

Eh, LFR is content, whether or not people want to admit it. Maybe it's not their content, or they find it useless, it is till content.

We don't get to make up what constitutes as content, if Blizzard spent development time and it made it to live it's content.