Simple ideea to solve all the QoL disputes

Release Vanilla exactly how it was back then (except the bugs) and after players go through all the vanilla content including Naxx, start adding new content for lvl 60 and polish the game, balance classes, add optional new character models etc. However, never add anything gamebreaking such as LFR, LFD, Xmog, flying mounts etc.

This way all those that want the true vanilla experience will get it to the fullest for 2 years and if people are hooked, improve the game but never repeat the mistakes that ruined the true MMO feeling and the social aspect and difficulty of the game.

I mean, come on, in vanilla we were all glad when we got class revamps and you couldn't wait to get on your character and see what's new. If the same happens after 2 years of classic and we also get bonus content, there's no reason not to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by hashe121 View Post
    Release Vanilla exactly how it was back then (except the bugs).
    So, not Vanilla exactly how it was back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So, not Vanilla exactly how it was back then?
    I hope you are just trolling. I only meant gamebreaking bugs such as falling through the world textures.

Tbh as I experienced the revamps in 1.12 back then, was that rogues got an insane garrote buff (enabling hemo spec) which made them dominate to the extreme.

Only Ignite could beat em on raid meters, and none really in PvP. - This is also a reason why Classic should not start on 1.12.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is about the game being preserved in its original state as much as anything else. Release it and then leave it alone. It's part of Blizzard's legacy and an important piece of gaming history. Don't add anything; don't change anything other than actual bugs that break the game. That's not the same as design decisions that break the game. Those should be left alone too.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-11-23 at 07:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, this is about the game being preserved in its original state as much as anything else. Release it and then leave it alone. It's part of Blizzard's legacy and an important piece of gaming history. Don't add anything; don't change anything other than actual bugs that break the game. That's not the same as design decisions that break the game. Those should be left alone too.
    Fixing bugs that break the game is fundamentally altering the experience of vanilla. It isn't the "original state" if you are removing problems. You might as well write a comprehensive biography about a musician preserving their life, and then conveniently omit their lifelong struggle against substance abuse.

"It needs to be an exact, authentic experience! Also please fix all these problems it had as part of the original experience, but don't fix these other problems because it needs to be authentic with no changes!" is absurd.

Fixing bugs that break the game is fundamentally altering the experience of vanilla. It isn't the "original state" if you are removing problems. You might as well write a comprehensive biography about a musician preserving their life, and then conveniently omit their lifelong struggle against substance abuse.

"It needs to be an exact, authentic experience! Also please fix all these problems it had as part of the original experience, but don't fix these other problems because it needs to be authentic with no changes!" is absurd.
    Imagine you were to relive that musician's life as his friend and you get to influence every segment of his life. Knowing his history and knowing you can change certain events, you could manipulate his successes and failures. Now imagine you're not the only 'friend' doing this, and thousands of people are all exploiting his success and failures where it suits them. Suddenly you're not experiencing 'a day in the life' of the Musician, you're witnessing a social experiment loosely based on that Musician's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I see your point and it is valid, but only if this actually is about just "preserving" gaming history. However, that is not for us to decide, only Blizz can do that. Most of us here just wanted to relieve the vanilla experience and we will get that. Still, if nothing gets added, Classic will simply die after ppl start farming Naxx and get burned out. There will be no new wave of people that want to relieve vanilla once the dust settles and everyone gets their "vanilla fix". Ofc, there will be some ppl left, leveling or playing on alts, but nothing as epic as the first Rag kill, opening of AQ or Naxx progression.

If Classic is simply preserved, it will end up as a low pop server with guilds struggling to get 40 ppl to raid. Tbh, I would be fine with this outcome also. However, I would love to see at least some new content added that you would have to struggle to clear with all the people that you played with, as a community because in the end, that is what MMOs are all about and vanilla did it best.

Deleted
    However, never add anything gamebreaking such as LFR, LFD, Xmog, flying mounts etc.
    I agree with most of your post, but how Xmog gamebreaking ?? I dont get it. Same with the HD/new models toggle. if the player using it is the only one seeing it, I dont see how it is gamebreaking. Just do the same with Xmog.

Imagine this, you've played classic, you have Naxx on farm and they suddenly introduce a new event similar in scale to the war effort, but something completely new. I am pretty sure that at that point you wouldn't mind the fact that you get to do new, epic stuff. The least they could do to keep it alive after 2 years is to add new content but no class balance and no QoL improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    This already exists. It's called retail.
    It is not retail and " This already exists. It's called retail." is a line that is now overused and thrown around without thinking. I specifically mentioned that they should never add LFR, LFD, Xmog, flying mounts. I was also referring to dual specc, summoning stones, easier professions, reduced mount costs etc etc etc. If you just add some new content and updated character models it will NOT BE RETAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Imagine you really liked a musician and you get to suggest input for a rerelease of one of their albums, as do the tens of thousands of other people who like that musician just as much as you do. Now imagine you get really upset because you're petty and need to try and make yourself out as a real fan and other people out as just posers. So you say that the albums should be released exactly as they were, with all of the audio hiccups and static, and the general lower audio quality of the time. And some of the other fans suggest that this is a good opportunity to fix some of these problems to produce really nice high quality tracks of the songs without as many of the problems, because what is really important are the songs, not the shitty static, crackling and popping or bad audio levels, which people disliked even during the initial release of the albums.
    I went ahead and adjusted that to a more accurate analogy.

I went ahead and adjusted that to a more accurate analogy.
    Would be more accurate if you said Concert instead of Album, and included all the teens and millenials (or whatever group you don't like but begrudgingly put up with) that are making a lot of noise around you.

Classic isn't a solo experience. It's the MMO players around you that changed when everything else is static, ultimately changing the experience overall. Try as we may, we can't relive Woodstock.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-23 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point and it is valid, but only if this actually is about just "preserving" gaming history. However, that is not for us to decide, only Blizz can do that. Most of us here just wanted to relieve the vanilla experience and we will get that. Still, if nothing gets added, Classic will simply die after ppl start farming Naxx and get burned out. There will be no new wave of people that want to relieve vanilla once the dust settles and everyone gets their "vanilla fix". Ofc, there will be some ppl left, leveling or playing on alts, but nothing as epic as the first Rag kill, opening of AQ or Naxx progression.

If Classic is simply preserved, it will end up as a low pop server with guilds struggling to get 40 ppl to raid. Tbh, I would be fine with this outcome also. However, I would love to see at least some new content added that you would have to struggle to clear with all the people that you played with, as a community because in the end, that is what MMOs are all about and vanilla did it best.
    Relevant quote by J. Allen Brack with just one perspective about this but it seems to be an important one to them:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "I think there will be a lot of tourists," he adds. "But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important.
    It speaks for itself.

Anything can happen given enough time so I'm not discounting that but I have a lot of difficulty imagining Blizzard adding to this in any way other than perhaps doing a separate progressive server for BC. New content? I don't really see that unless this takes off and in two years is actually competing with the "retail" game. It might but I wouldn't bet on it. This is a fan-service project and as such is going to appeal to a limited audience over a very long time frame.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-11-23 at 09:21 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

*Simple ideea to solve all the QoL disputes*

My idea would be:

Give a Vanilla server
    Give a TBC server
    Give a WOTLK server

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    *Simple ideea to solve all the QoL disputes*

My idea would be:

Give a Vanilla server
    Give a TBC server
    Give a WOTLK server
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happened sometime after classic servers, With the option to transfer to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    ^^ I like the blue quote, but it's not the broken specs and lack of autoloot that made vanilla an important game in videogame history. These problem were already pointed out by the community at that time. these problems have been worked on so why not using the work, now that they have the opportunity to do it. To me it would be like a "finaly, it was time" moment, like bug fixing. It takes nothing away from the original experience IMO just makes me feel like the game is finaly playable in it's finished/polished state everybody wanted at the time.

Who is gonna play vanilla ret paladin? Who want to face a broken vanilla enha shaman in BG? I dont get the "it was broken then, I want it broken again" mentality.

improve the game but never repeat the mistakes that ruined the true MMO feeling and the social aspect and difficulty of the game.
    You have to define which things you thought were mistakes and then have the rest of the world agree with you. Good luck!

You're not getting new content, you're getting Vanilla. Play it or don't play it.

I have little interest in playing classis wow again, but my suggestion is they fix a few unintended bugs here or there, Stabilize servers so they don't crash like they did back then, but otherwise leave it as untouched as possible, or the nerd rage would reach well over 9000.