Poll: How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Optional World PvP = best of both worlds.

And the big big big plus is, either you are ALL flagged, or nobody is.

So the Argument of "Shouldn't have rolled a PvP realm" switches to a more logical "should have opted out of pvp" which everyone has the choice of.

So ganking will most likely be reduced a whole lot, people can opt out of pvp while leveling. And actual battles will increase by the people who WANT to participate.

Balancing zone populations, especially on the pvp-side would be amazing.

I hope this system is one step closer to merge servers into mega-realms, so we can have bigger guild communities and economy, and not just a few big and the rest CRZ tiny realms.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-23 at 07:09 PM.

It's only an improvement in that peoples' feelings won't get hurt anymore from getting ganked. Protecting little snowflakes' feelings is something Blizzard has been doing for a long time now. Everyone deserves the same abilities, epic lootz and most of all - safe spaces.

Voted: not me.
    Last edited by Eveningforest; 2017-11-23 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another thing that gets chiseled away, replaced with something that the game doesn't need or won't benefit from. Too bad.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Just another thing that gets chiseled away, replaced with something that the game doesn't need or won't benefit from. Too bad.
    But at least they can announce it as a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Oh mimimimi. Don't play on pvp servers to begin with.
    I mean fight somone who has a clue, without running

I'm glad PVP servers are going away. It is annoying getting sharded with those people during WQ.

I'm okay with it. It's similar to offering free realm transfers without destroying server populations and faction imbalance. The other benefit is that it allows people to play with their friends and guilds that were on previously labelled PvP realms.

I don't see the issue really, PvP players can just PvP with likeminded players.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I'm not. But sometimes I'm forced onto PVP realms when getting M+ groups together.

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    1. Social pressure. When your best friend asks you to try out a game and play with THEM, well turns out he's playing on pvp realm.
    Yes there's a choice, but how many of you makes the choice to go play ALONE on pve server in a game you've never played before and even more on your first mmorpg ever, you literally have no idea even how the pvp works, who knows it might actually be good compared to other games. Remember this is time before crz, before realm merges and realm hopping, this is vanilla. Do you say to your friend that i'll come play, but no thanks i'm not going on pvp server cause i hate pvp, no. Your friend's capped on that realm and likes pvp, they won't roll pve server. You're the noob coming to the game, what do you do?

2. Progression raiding. So you've done your bit and learned and got a lot better. You're now in that realms top guild getting realm firsts and then that guild quits entirely cause people internally are all fighting like babies, but you want more, you want to be at the top, you want more than realm firsts. There's about 5-10 guilds who could offer the very best, but you're not at that level yet, you need to still progress through the top 100 to 10 bracket. Applying to guilds, all you want to do is raid, wpvp doesn't matter cause you won't be outside instances really anyway. You apply where there's a spot for YOUR class, there's a choice, but there's also "forced" limit cause not every guild is looking for your class, plus not every guild is still going to take you in even if they do have a spot, they test you out. So you are on the mercy of the recruiting guilds, which is basically saying, you apply, and you take a spot in the highest possible rated guild that's willing to take you, regardless of the realm, cause in the end, all you want to do is raid and in the highest possible guild. After a few dozen applications, you finally get a yes spot for test drive.

So now you've ended up in raiding guild on pvp server, so far that's fine, cause all you do is raid, it's not that bad the pvp realm happens to be almost evenly balanced even to your faction side, like 5:4 balance to benefit your faction. You're accepted as full time member.
    Guilds doing splits so it's time to seriously get more alts. This is what you wanted right, who cares what happens outside the raid instances.
    Leveling on the pvp realm is a bit painful to you, but it's the end that matters, so you suck it up and level the toons.
    Then 4 years later that guild decides the realm doesn't have enough recruiting potential and they are actually sick of the pvp realm and want to transfer pve realm. This guild is a major factor on that realm, when it left, the realm population dropped with it, a lot of people left, a lot and the realm dropped from mid pop to dead and i'm talking dead, with the guild there the realm had good 700-1000 active players, after they left, my faction had literally 15 active players on the realm, 15! That wasn't even a problem really, best fucking time ever to play solo wow. All rares up all the time, everything up for me to kill.
    You again got a choice, transfer with them or quit and stay where you are.

Here's the question, what do you do when you don't have any money and you're not capable of shitting raw diamonds?
    You've spend 4 YEARS to level up an army of alts on that server and earned your place in that guild, you got to officer and part time raid leader, your new friends are transferring off, but it would cost you hundreds of bucks to transfer all toons that the guild wants you to have to do splits, and you don't have money to even transfer one toon off.
    You're barely making the ends meet to get fucking food on your table and pay rent, not to speak of luxuries like realm transfers.
    EU tokens cost almost 300k a piece, which is just barely doable to get your monthly sub token to pay, so they ain't realistically an option to pay for transfers either, unless you can constantly land some rare items worth millions to sell.
    You suck it up. That's the end of it. You suck it up and want to murder anyone killing you outside in the world (or you know until these "politicians" start nuking the heck out of this planet and each other and all the pvp enthusiasts get to go fight real wpvp in a war and whack each other off the planet, whilst i sit in a basement playing wow) cause it's frustrating. You're now on a dead realm, with no raiding guilds offering your level of raiding, there's fucking nothing there. Then come realm merges and it only gets "better", you're now merged with nothing but enemy faction realms to the point that your merged realm now has a 23:1 ratio for the enemy faction. Currently cause people have nothing better to do, there's 15 enemy warriors bladestormin every translocator on Argus 24/7 even at fucking 6 in the morning like are you kidding, so you die when you port, you die when you ress, you die until you ress 4-5 times far enough away for it to be possible. Good luck with that and no money.
    What do you do?

*Edit. It's also not my choice, that Blizzard chose to merge my realm with like 5 other realms that are only enemy faction sided dead realms.
    Where's my choice in that, huh? No one asked me to allow this kind of realm merge JUST LIKE they did not ask YOU when they implement pvp toggle in BfA. Just as you want a choice to keep pvp realms, then i want a choice to merge my realm with all the dead realms that only have my faction players so this is the heavy sided faction, so i can at least pretend to be on pve realm cause i'm protected by my faction. Haven't gotten that.

There's a choice in step 1 and 2, but that choice is difficult, almost to the point of literally forced. Wonder how many would choose the other path..
    preach them facts bro
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2017-11-24 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    preach them fact bro
    He only had a good point for number one. If you want to be in a Top 10 guild, that's all on you to put in the work to be a Top 10 raider.

Again, you are misinformed about why world pvp died off and again that's not the surprising bit. What's the surprising bit is you constantly parroting the same thing over and over even after people tried to set the record straight only for it to fall on deaf ears. Kind of funny, a deaf parrot.

The pro PVPers doing so much rewarding-in-itself WPvP will have the Classic servers to feel big and powerful on.

Unless they add the sharding tech to those as well.

Although, sharding tech =/= WPvP being balanced... that won't ever happen, in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Anyone who thinks WPvP is going to be balanced from this is delusional.

We're not going to see a "bright new era of WPvP," we're seeing the end of PvP servers. Blizzard underrewards PvP players consistently, and are on record as stating that "they don't want players who opt out to feel punished." Given that, what's the most likely scenario? People abusing the system and opting into the system when they're done with quests/dailies and actively looking to WPvP.

The organic and dynamic aspects of WPvP will be gone, and the world will be turned into an opt-in Battleground. That's a part of WPvP, but that's not all of WPvP.

Oh, and shards won't be balanced by faction due to inherent population imbalances.

But hey, to the casuals and bads who moaned for this over the years: Thanks for taking away choice from me. Obviously it's a good thing Blizzard chose to cater to you, even though PvE servers already exist.
    most likely scenario? Blizzard will override the personal switch implementing thing like dalaran sewer or the watcher towers all around the world and then put lot of relevant quests (all unrelated to pvp) to force people to enter those locations; that will give blizzard full control on how, when and where people become flagged.
    Plus if you get flagged you will be forced to hearth back into a capital city.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    most likely scenario? Blizzard will override the personal switch implementing thing like dalaran sewer or the watcher towers all around the world and then put lot of relevant quests (all unrelated to pvp) to force people to enter those locations; that will give blizzard full control on how, when and where people become flagged.
    Plus if you get flagged you will be forced to hearth back into a capital city.
    He is kinda right in 2 points:
    1)Blizzard underrewards PvP players consistently,
    2)Blizzard already said that "they don't want players who opt out to feel punished."

With this 2 points being actually true...i am very worried

Do you even understand the complexity of point 2) ? This is a huge can of worms
    How can Blizzard reward the "World PvPers" without making the "PvErs" feeling left out?
    If Blizzard gives insane rewards to "/PvP on", "PvEers" will say something like "why do i have to turn PvP: On to be optimal? Thats bullshit Blizzard"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-24 at 12:48 AM.

Fighting someone who can't fight back is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    He is kinda right in 2 points:
    1)Blizzard underrewards PvP players consistently,
    2)Blizzard already said that "they don't want players who opt out to feel punished."

With this 2 points being actually true...i am very worried

Do you even understand the complexity of point 2) ? This is a huge can of worms
    How can Blizzard reward the "World PvPers" without making the "PvErs" feeling left out?
    If Blizzard gives insane rewards to "/PvP on", "PvEers" will say something like "why do i have to turn PvP: On to be optimal? Thats bullshit Blizzard"
    what are you talking about? wPvP will always have at best a reward on par with normal bg, due to it not being instanced is easy for peoples to abuse the system and farm whatever reward by logging an alliance/horde toon and farm points.

they probably give you some honor and exp point like kill a player = kill a rare mob and that it or some form of farmable currency like the eyes in the sewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Why is it a big deal if you get ganked ?
    This is your 2nd topic regarding this. I really want to understand why is it a big deal for you.

Personally Im fine with or without it, it makes no difference for me.
    Waste of time is reason number one. During corpse run, one more WQ could of been done.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW was born as a PvE game, so it makes sense to take steps away from forced WPVP moments, especially with group finder in the mix.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Honestly if you don't like it the sucks for you. It's about time we had a WPvP system not tailored for griefers.

Just break down the question to "who wants the game to be balanced".

Realistically, everyone should say yes.

The only people will say no, is people who like ganking low levels, abusing op systems, and crying and raging when their cheese strats don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by disillusions View Post
    just break down the question to "who wants the game to be balanced".

Realistically, everyone should say yes.

The only people will say no, is people who like ganking low levels, abusing op systems, and crying and raging when their cheese strats don't work.
    thank you!