Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

If they are smart they will have at minimum 3 servers, 1 pve, 1 pvp 1 rp

Id wager the RP server will be the most dead of the 3
    3 servers and you will be in queue for hours. There will be millions of people trying classic servers out in the start, which will dwindle down to, and this is just my guess, at least 300k (Nost, a huge private server, had 150k active accounts).

I'm currently leveling on a server that have about 10k online at any given time of the day, and it is hell. There are never mobs alive for your quests etc.

So yeah, they will need a lot more than 3 servers to be able to do this, and then later merge them as people quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I can't help but laugh at people saying dungeons are quick leveling in Vanilla. Have fun grinding the same dungeons over and over and over until you'd rather beat your head against a brick wall. The only advantage to dungeon leveling is that your gear will be better than someone who's quested the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I can't help but laugh at people saying dungeons are quick leveling in Vanilla. Have fun grinding the same dungeons over and over and over until you'd rather beat your head against a brick wall. The only advantage to dungeon leveling is that your gear will be better than someone who's quested the whole way.
    Indeed, it is hardly even worth it for the dungeon quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

well they were i mean if your logging off each day and stacking double exp then jumping right into dungeons and chaining dungeon runs all day your going to level fast. i dunno what borked up private server you've been playing on but i don't remember it taking super long to level up through dungeon farming. sure if you include failed attempts, groups that take multiple hours to find tanks etc, might end up just being quicker to quest, healing a bunch of dungeons though pretty sure that gave me more exp than what i'd get if i were to spend that exact time doing quests on my own.

besides if your a big dick healer like me you make lots of buddies who invite you into their future groups. so win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    well they were i mean if your logging off each day and stacking double exp then jumping right into dungeons and chaining dungeon runs all day your going to level fast. i dunno what borked up private server you've been playing on but i don't remember it taking super long to level up through dungeon farming. sure if you include failed attempts, groups that take multiple hours to find tanks etc, might end up just being quicker to quest, healing a bunch of dungeons though pretty sure that gave me more exp than what i'd get if i were to spend that exact time doing quests on my own.

besides if your a big dick healer like me you make lots of buddies who invite you into their future groups. so win win.
    I've never played a private server so I'm just going off what I know from actual Vanilla. Rested xp doesn't build fast enough to stack more than 2 or 3 dungeons worth of xp each day, so unless you're taking weeks between sessions I call BS on that. And yes, unless you have 5 people who are constantly on together to dungeon with, you're going to have trouble finding groups that can clear dungeons quickly enough to make it worth doing exclusively.

I guess if you are set on leveling as a healer it might be faster just due to your kill times being so high, but again you're relying on 4 other people for your xp, which makes it much harder.

If you're just grinding out exp then yeah dungeons aren't really worth it, but the gear is generally better than stuff from overworld quests, and blue gear alone is worth the dungeon trip if you can use it.
    The quest exp on top of the quest and dungeon drop gear just make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    If you're just grinding out exp then yeah dungeons aren't really worth it, but the gear is generally better than stuff from overworld quests, and blue gear alone is worth the dungeon trip if you can use it.
    The quest exp on top of the quest and dungeon drop gear just make it even better.
    i don't know about that there were various amazing trinkets and gear from the dungeons, brd springs to mind as quite a trove of trinkets, you had second wind that was pretty nice for healers and also the hand of justice if you were melee, trying to hit lbrs at 56 was worth doing for the boe dungeon set pieces, the actual truth is that if you level through dungeons you'll ding 60 with 60 blues you can throw on straight away. quests obviously help, i mean it really depends on how much time you have to play, my preference would be healing my way to 60 mostly and questing in between, the benefit of doing that originally paid off for me because i was a semi-average healer by the time i did get to 60. I had been put in enough situations that my ability to heal a group wasn't completely terrible.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-23 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yes they can. Use your utility and bandage between/during mobs. Eat between when needed, too.
    You could bandage in combat in vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    As long as you weren’t taking damage. The channel was interrupted by damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    I can generally do 1 to 8 in an hour, 8 to 12 in 1 hour, 12 to 16 in 1 and 16 to 20 in 1, but probably not when it's crowded like the first day.

Elwynn and Tirisfal is going to be packed (Human and Undead) and Gnomes/Dwarves share a starting area, with gnomes giving int and EA. Night elves being ran by people that just like Night Elves and some shadowmeld shenninigans alongside druids, with increased stealth as well. Trolls and Orcs share an area as well with both having decent racials and being somewhat populair.

I think Tauren will have the least crowded spot in general to quest early on with others having a bigger grind in mob killing. You could grind slightly higher mobs and move on to zones to get exploration xp perhaps alongside it and slowly move to higher level zones?
    No you don't.
    4 hours to 20 in vanilla, yeah right.
    No-one believes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    No you don't.
    4 hours to 20 in vanilla, yeah right.
    No-one believes you.
    I mean, it could be done. It'd require some focus, no other competition in the area and probably not getting up to make a meal or take a piss or any other interruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So I have been practicing and 0-20 took me approx 15 hours as a rogue. Not too slow but nothing amazing...

What is your plan on getting from 0 to 60 asap pronto? Grinding, kill quests, zone hoping? Let me/us know your secrets.
    Character boost KEK
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Grind to 40ish (until you get a mount) then follow Joana's.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I've never played a private server so I'm just going off what I know from actual Vanilla. Rested xp doesn't build fast enough to stack more than 2 or 3 dungeons worth of xp each day, so unless you're taking weeks between sessions I call BS on that. And yes, unless you have 5 people who are constantly on together to dungeon with, you're going to have trouble finding groups that can clear dungeons quickly enough to make it worth doing exclusively.

I guess if you are set on leveling as a healer it might be faster just due to your kill times being so high, but again you're relying on 4 other people for your xp, which makes it much harder.
    And rested XP was a fixed number back in vanilla, not % like it is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I mean, it could be done. It'd require some focus, no other competition in the area and probably not getting up to make a meal or take a piss or any other interruptions.
    Speedrunners who can do 1-60 in 4days 20 hours take 10 hours to 20.
    So no you physically can't.

I remember the first character I hit 60 had over 14 played days, this was about the norm for all the people I played with, hardly enthusiasts in terms of power leveling, some took quite a bit longer, closer to 20 days played. I later leveled a character to 60 with under 6 days played, I didn't do anything special, I was diligent about grinding a few extra mobs in areas with high density and easy mob types, but other than that, I just used what I knew of quests and the hubs to be as efficient as possible.

Most people will probably level to 60 around 15 days played, I think some people will be shocked at how long it actually takes, not just in terms of killing mobs, but how difficult it can be to do quests with so many others around, how sometimes the best thing you can do for leveling is to leave a quest for later. In the past, as others have mentioned, if you were interested in going as fast as possible it was important to stay ahead of the wave, the majority of the player base. The first few days it will be really tough to complete quests as areas will be swarmed with players, if you can move out of those over populated areas, you'll move much quicker.

As far as dungeon leveling is concerned, I'm fairly sure most dungeons are not worth the time invested to complete them, some certainly will be, deadmines/stockades for alliance will certainly be a good place to grind out a few levels, but it is unlikely you'll make up the difference in travel time getting to places like scarlet monastery unless you have a fairly committed group. Not to mention any sort of competition there might be between horde and alliance at the portals. I may not be remembering this correctly, but warlocks could only summon people who were in the same instance as them, so if you wanted to have someone join your run and summon them, you would have to zone out to summon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Speedrunners who can do 1-60 in 4days 20 hours take 10 hours to 20.
    So no you physically can't.
    Yes you physically can. If you run for a low /timeplayed, you generally hyper focus and never stand still, log out in inns for the rested xp and 5 hours is easily doable if you plan things correctly. 5 hours is a breeze to do so, let alone 10. Would you run to 20 in 5 hours on a first day speed run or a fresh server run? No, you won't, but you will never have an optimal route during those days, so improvising is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post

Rushing your way to 60 is not really the best way to enjoy the Vanilla experience. Leveling always sucks when you're going through it but you will have plenty of memorable moments and experiences going through it, especially if you have only leveled post-Cata and prefer a quirkier and less structured system, and when you do get to 60 there isn't a whole lot to do except find a guild and start grinding the same content over and over.
    Some of us would rather not fall behind when it comes to trying to getting to the end game or doing Gates and stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fastest way to 60, is to play a Hunter. literally the fastest class to hit 60 by a large margin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    As long as you weren’t taking damage. The channel was interrupted by damage.
    indeed, the Joy of Blinding someone as a Rogue and bandaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    damage interupted the cast. So had to be clutch and use CC with no bleeds/magic dots on