Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All i can think of now is "As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Slightly disappointed, I wanted to come in here and see people try to argue for flat earth.
    Even when they do, I have a real problem with Poe's Law with anything regarding Flat Earthers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I just love the notion of fundraising to send satellites into space in order to prove that the Earth is flat.

Can't unsee the satellites circling flat Earth!
    The hilarious thing is: Even if they actually manage to do that and receive pictures or whatever - they still deny it! It could be some government hack hijacking signals or some artificial sphere created just to catch all these truthers off guard! It's impossible to argue with them and they make it impossible to proof anything themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    That is the curve of the camera lens you fool, it is flat.
    If it were lens curve, it would be curving upwards at the edges. Tops halves curve down, bottom halves curve up. The horizon is in the bottom half.

If this were an image that is affected by lens curvature, all it shows is that the upwards curve of the lens isn't strong enough to counter the physical curve of the horizon.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Time isnt a dimension

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    okay. rocket science is no longer a barometer for smart, got it.
    I think we can safely dismiss people using steam power as rocket scientists. The "I think the Earth is flat" is just extra icing on the "look at me Im a dumbass" cake. Not to mention 1800ft isnt even close to high enough to see the curvature of the Earth... coulda saved 20k and just rented a hot air balloon for 100 bucks and got the same results

If only more flat earth like people could launch themselves into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Those flat earth people don't have a lot of money.

How do they explain away the arch of the horizon

Where you can see the curve of the ocean.
    that's a straight line horizon. you sure you're not a flat-earther trolling here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    that's a straight line horizon. you sure you're not a flat-earther trolling here?

What? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post

What? xD
    omfg go look up the definition of horizon and don't fucking post again until you have it memorized, goddamn neanderthal.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-24 at 07:20 AM.

omfg go look up the definition of horizon and don't fucking post again until you have it memorized, goddamn neanderthal.
    That is the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    That is the horizon.
    How the fuck did you ever pass a science class? Or an art class, for that matter?

How the fuck did you ever pass a science class? Or an art class, for that matter?
    How did you? xD

Straight line starting from horizon start on left to right:

Not so straight line starting from horizon to left and follow horizon:

Doesn't look very straight to me.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2017-11-24 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    I'm not really straight either.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what you think the horizon is

10+ Year Old Account
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Although does this apply in this case?

No seriously, I don't even know how I'm supposed to make sense of this story.

I suppose it's the best proof ever needed to show that we're very good at selective truth.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Darwin Award waiting to happen.
    Darwin award can only be given if the nominee hasn't spread his genes.

This guy is 61 and while there is no info about his family easily available, the probability for his procreation is high, thus he would be disqualified from this esteemed award.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
    Uhh... "The stars" are farther away than the moon. Even our local star (the sun) is considerably farther away than the moon. Unless by "Among the stars" they simply mean space. But drifting in space until you die sounds like a pretty crappy experience.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Ahh, but Turkeys can fly. Quite a number of species of wild turkeys can fly short distances, and are easily capable of roosting in trees at night to escape predators.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Will he shut up about flat earths after he finds out how wrong he is?
    At 550 meters, he won't see anything and as such will still think the Earth is "flat". The curvature of the Earth can't even be seen until around 10,000-11,000 meters. About the altitude a commercial airline flies. Even then it's so minor that most people won't notice. Astronauts and spy plane pilots, like the SR-71 that operated at 3 times that altitude, say it's not really visible until about 22,000 meters. The 550 meters this bozo is gonna fly is literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz