Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So you want to ban all big dogs and only allow toy sized dogs? What is your angle here?
    In an ideal world, you shouldn't own a dog you're incapable of restraining if the need arises.

I somehow doubt even a 150 kg human could seriously restrain 2 pitbulls or other large dogs at once.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    In an ideal world, you shouldn't own a dog you're incapable of restraining if the need arises.

I somehow doubt even a 150 kg human could seriously restrain 2 pitbulls or other large dogs at once.
    Bear spray. I'm not even joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Because breeding a dog is an extremely long and tedious process. You can not just cross breed a pair and expect something good from it. Also, all breeds have to be licensed. If you are found with a large dog of an unknown origin, likely you will not be able to keep it. There is an official allowed breeds list. If it is absent there - it is basically a zoo animal on a leash (or without one). Also, most cross breeds tend to be on the smaller side, so that complicates things for a would be breeder.
    That depends if the mix has a banned breed in there somewhere...otherwise mixed dogs are perfectly allowed no matter the size...

Well I'm so glad I read that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    That's why it's good to have guns.
    In case you need to shoot someone's dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s illegal in many states and countries, though.
    You would refuse to equip yourself for protection because something is illegal?

It's illegal where I live as well, but seriously, if it ends up saving a life, animal or human, who cares...just keep it well hidden.

Looks like American pit bull terrier or "pit bulls" as we call them. Poor beagle, at least it was over quick.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Good point about other countries, bear spray can be legally purchased online in the lower 48 and of course Alaska. Not sure about HI. Could bring it on the plane in checked luggage until recently, had a summer trip up to AK and had to leave the canister at home due to very recent TSA policy change.

If it’s illegal, yes.
    That makes no sense. I carry a knife on me at all times in public if I would be attacked but it's illegal but I would rather be punished for carrying that illegally than to have no protection if something happens.

That’s you. Not me.
    Honestly pepper spray is probably sufficient for the average person and could hit two dogs if you make sure to account for wind and aim strategically. It would probably not be sufficient for an entire pack of dogs.

If you want to go weaponless, gouge its eyes or choke it by putting pressure on the windpipe.

Obviously these tactics are for life or death situations.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sabrered.com/dog-spray-f...sked-questions

"Human pepper spray is more potent than dog spray, because dogs have a much more sensitive nose than humans."

Honestly for powerful breeds I'd still stick with a human pepper spray.

- - - Updated - - -

Some useful info on pepper spray use on dogs.

I just don't understand the desire to have such an ugly, potentially life threatening breed. I'll stick with poodles and labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I just don't understand the desire to have such an ugly, potentially life threatening breed. I'll stick with poodles and labs.
    I find poodles ugly. People have different tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you call my baby ugly. He's beautiful.

Also, he doesn't threaten anyone except with his death farts.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Is this OP a tennisace alt? Anyways, fuck off with the dog shaming thread. German Shepherds and golden retrievers bite more people than pits. you're not going to win any arguments with anecdotes.

For having a banned breed, and for not having control over his animals, which resulted in another dog being killed by them. And yes, you put them down. They attacked another dog in public, which could easily have been a young child.
    the idea of banned breeds is just retarded... if this was the 90s we'd be talking about how dobermans German shepherds and Rottweilers need to be banned.

- - - Updated - - -

poorly trained labs are a danger too.. poorly trained any sizable dog is a danger.

I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have their dog on a leash in a public area. If anything happens to them it's your fault and yours only.

That said, I would gladly participate in a worldwide crusade to make pit bulls extinct. I'll even volunteer my own guns and ammo to the cause for anybody that doesn't have their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have their dog on a leash in a public area. If anything happens to them it's your fault and yours only.

That said, I would gladly participate in a worldwide crusade to make pit bulls extinct. I'll even volunteer my own guns and ammo to the cause for anybody that doesn't have their own.
    Why? What is wrong with Pit bulls?

I feel like people are short sighted and forget the past.

Before it was the pit it was the doberman the Rottweiler and the germanshepherd all through the 80s and 90s that were the evil dog... that's no longer the case now is it? Why? Because people moved over to another breed.

There are more violent and stronger breeds than pits however pits are readily available to just about anyone that wants a dog and can spend 5 minutes going to any local pound. That is the issue there, plenty of people being able to own a dog they don't know how to properly take care of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    their trainer/owner is the piece of shit, not the dog.
    Says every pit bull owner ever. #BrokenRecord " Oh, The owner sucked " Oh, The owner didnt know what he was doing " Yeah okay, Old man down the road from me had had one for 19 years and used to breed them for a living. Dog snaped and almost riped his leg off one day. Lesson? Dont own a war dog for a pet. I wonder how many mothers out there wish they had there infant back because of a pit snapping off. Then again if your willing to have such a danger around a baby then well....what can I say?
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Don't you call my baby ugly. He's beautiful.

Also, he doesn't threaten anyone except with his death farts.
    Sounds like my cat. Vet said kittens have sensitive digestive systems, though. And it's died down quite a bit.

Your dog might be allergic to something in his food, if it's a super common thing. Does it have grains in it?