Deleted

Current WoW vs Classic

How different is current levelling to classic levelling Really? Classic WoW up against Current WoW and set the challenge of how quickly each iteration of the game can get to level 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMayHVG5RY

Deleted
    Good luck with this thread not getting closed ^_^
    I have that video open in my tab at min 17:00
    I want to watch it all because he said "this video is not an attempt to stab at Blizzard in any way", "my intentions will be clear at the end of the video"

So i want to hear his intention with this video...but im to lazy to watch it

Edit: After watching the video i think is clear he was not trying to bash wow, he was just comparing "how different it was"
    I still think he was having a major boner while leveling which is weird xD giving the experience too much credit for what it was.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-23 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh.. what a waste of time and it's full of inaccuracies.

Great you enjoy slower leveling, could've just made a 5 minute video.

Because leveling to 10 is accurately picturing the last 5-10 levels to max, where there is plenty to do in retail but classic becomes increasingly difficult due to the lack of quests and the increased presence of elite mobs.

Deleted
    not this again please..

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Because leveling to 10 is accurately picturing the last 5-10 levels to max, where there is plenty to do in retail but classic becomes increasingly difficult due to the lack of quests and the increased presence of elite mobs.
    Its not really hard to level the last 10. Plaguelands, and grind a bit on spots that drop good crafting materials, then Silithus or Winterspring for the last bit where you can farm twilight hammers for rep too. Its not as bad as some people make it out to be, you dont always have to quest either, grinding is just as fast if not faster if youre killing softer mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Its not really hard to level the last 10. Plaguelands, and grind a bit on spots that drop good crafting materials, then Silithus or Winterspring for the last bit where you can farm twilight hammers for rep too. Its not as bad as some people make it out to be, you dont always have to quest either, grinding is just as fast if not faster if youre killing softer mobs.
    Classic was as grindy as Legion is. WoW will stay grindy... still I think leveling via quests is more fun than just to grind mobs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Classic was as grindy as Legion is. WoW will stay grindy... still I think leveling via quests is more fun than just to grind mobs

Deleted
    Grinding mobs is what clearly separates the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Gotta love that spamming group chat for hours looking for a tank and/or heals for Wailing Caverns so you can do your 1 quest for it. Or the wild variance in quest experience and rewards you get for leveling in different zones that supposedly have the same level curve. Or the materials and reagents you need to buy from NPCs to use your basic abilities in combat. Or having to consume food after every single mob encounter because it brought you to 20% health and mana (remember, hunters had mana until Cataclysm) from simply a 1-on-1 encounter.

Honestly, it was great but so much better in hindsight than it'll be to experience once more. Trying to save up 600g for the 100% ground mount and having to keep them manually in your inventory to use will be cool and all, but you're still gonna look at "state-of-the-art" 3d models of vanilla mounts and think it's hot stuff. The excitement for much of the content in reliving vanilla craziness will be to nab all of those exclusive mounts and gear you couldn't find a guild to get the first time around (looking at you, crypt hunter set) and then realizing that you'll need to sink in a fair bit of time to have a chance to get it.

The developers got their act together for nailing the formula for questing, dungeons, and item level advancement around mid-BC, I'd say. Before that, expect a lot of walking around to places and not a lot of quests and experience once you get there. Not to mention all of the weird gear you'll get with resist that's worth a single penny before raiding, nor the derpy and unfair mechanics once you choose to actually raid. Nevermind that there's no centralized guildbank for repairs once you die a couple of times; it's just the GM's toon sitting in the Orgrimmar or Stormwind bank that you have to wait for them to log on to repair and the like, if you're as lucky to be in a guild that has a guild repair system set up.

My point is that vanilla looks best when we're not actually playing through it again. Once it launches I'll definitely play it but not insomuch as to dedicate a fair amount of time to it, it's just so janky that trying to level is a hassle and actually pursuing the endgame in PvP or PvE will be tedious at best and downright enraging at worst. I played as a hunter through a good part of the tail end of vanilla, and despite how easy it was to have a pet to absorb your damage for you it was still pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Great you enjoy slower leveling, could've just made a 5 minute video.
    He also enjoys slower videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Actually, leveling 1-9, particularlily in panda starting zone, is the most reminiscent of Vanilla. Mobs take some time to kill and you have only 1-2 spells. As soon as you hit 10 and choose spec, everything just dies by looking at it. It was a pleasant surprise of hope first which turned into disappointment.

Not this fucking guy again.