Deleted

Which version of Alterac Valley do you want?

I've seen people wanting the classic Alterac Valley experience in Classic, but many of you might be unaware that, even in Vanilla, AV changed a lot.

Here are the major changes over the course of Vanilla:
    1.5:
    - AV was added.

1.6:
    - Some balancing changes.
    - Respawn for tower guards greatly increased.

1.8:
    - Mark of Honor was added.
    - Minimum number of players dropped to 20.
    - Graveyards and capture points changed to different locations.
    - Terrain changes, most notably the entire western and eastern segments have been removed (including a lot of the NPCs).
    - Korrak moved to Snowfall Graveyard.
    - NPC power reduced by 15-30%.

1.10:
    - Korrak removed.

1.11:
    - Most of the NPC guards removed.
    - Remaining creatures got their HP reduced.
    As far as I see it there are two possibilities for the patch cycle: start and stay with 1.12 or progress from somewhere before. But it would still come to 1.12 at some point. And then you'd be stuck with the AV from that patch. And I'm pretty sure what most people remember is the AV from before 1.10.

So, what version do you want? Should it just progress and then stay at 1.12? Should the 1.8 - 1.11 changes never happen?

Maybe introduce it in it's original form and instead of changing it as it happened in Vanilla, Change it dependent on the player base communication. Give us the time to play with it and find out what we like best. They talk about using a lot of feedback, this is something that is kind of fluid. Allow us to play with it and give feedback from there. I remember AV lasting a long time but I don't remember which patch I enjoyed it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, I'm on the wagon of introducing Battlegrounds with Classic launch. Unless would the community prefer that everyone just PvE and World PvP for the first 6 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    1.5 or 1.6, definitely not the last patch which changed AV to the zergfest that it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    1.5 or 1.6, definitely not the last patch which changed AV to the zergfest that it is today.
    In the end that's what's going to happen in every 'no changes' scenario though. Either it's like that from the start, or it becomes like that after those patches. So to make it 'like Vanilla' they would indeed have to change something about the progression of the patches.