Poll: What's the most you'd be willing to pay for Vanilla

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i'm assuming, if you're already subbed to retail, you will get access to vanilla as well.

i'm also pretty sure that there will and should be a sub for those that aren't subbed to retail. though imo, seeing that it's an old game, the sub should be $10 for those that sub to vanilla exclusively
    It's cheaper to buy the game. The sub is the same price since it still needs the same infrastructure to run.
    Since they need to repolish the shit, maybe the price to buy should be increased again too...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    You forgot the best option IMO. Lower price sub but also included in the current sub. So you either pay less and have access only to classic, or the regular sub and have access to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's just retarded.
    Did your subscription went up after an expansion ? No ?
    You do realise you have to purchase the expansion box, Right?

You might want to reconsider your argument, Because it doesn't make the sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I think it would be great to include 1-10 or 1-15 free trial
    How about 1-20...like they already have.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I'm sure most of us who enjoy playing Vanilla aren't quite used to paying for it, I'm curious to see how much people will be willing to pay for Vanilla before we go back to our pirate ways.
    I'd pay £5 a month for it. Not interested in retail in the slightest, so if it's part of that £10 sub I'd probably just stay on privates or I might have stopped playing by then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    And I paid Vanilla years ago. So ?
    You might want to reconsider your argument, Because it doesn't make the sense at all.
    So far, it's your own which doesn't make sense. You're claiming that if you get something more your sub should get more pricey, but only for Classic ? Wut ?

I expect it will be free, when the people who work on it get paid nothing!

Classic should be part of the WoW sub.

If it was free to play they'd have to waste more time developing items to sell just for it. Not to mention the spoiling that would have on the feel and authenticity of classic, to see everyone riding around on their store bought mounts, wearing their store bought armor, playing with their store bought toys. Subscription keeps it both clean and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    How about 1-20...like they already have.
    because that is the same as giving away free month of game time :P lol
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

And I paid Vanilla years ago. So ?
    This is about the subscription fee, Not box prices, Keep up pumpkin.

So far, it's your own which doesn't make sense. You're claiming that if you get something more your sub should get more pricey, but only for Classic ? Wut ?
    The current sub price for current incarnation of WoW is the standard, If you want an extra added to that obviously it's for free, A child could work that out.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

The WoW sub is for World of Warcraft. I see no reason to make it separate or free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They lied so there's less pressure on them. There's no way they didn't work on it between January and BlizzCon.
    Or you might just be wrong. Probably more likely than your version.

Literally everything they said about it so far points to them not having done any serious work on it so far. They answered every single question about how it's going to work with "not decided yet", they told us they don't even have a team yet, they outright said they haven't actually done any work on it yet.

And then you try to dismiss it all with "they lied". Well, if they lied then we have no idea if they're even going to work on it at all. With that argument i may as well assert that Classic isn't actually happening and they're just trolling the lot of you.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-11-24 at 06:13 PM.

This depends on the marketing team and how much it costs to design (with this notorious "new tech" that they are utilizing to even attempt making it in the first place) and the maintenance and upkeep costs with how many and how long people will play a game that never releases any new content, ever.

In short, by that account, I expect a flat purchase price for access to the game, between half ($30) and full price ($60) of a standard release. Then, it was be a subscription baseline from there... That said, doubling with the current WoW subscription hinges on one specific factor: Is Classic WoW's longevity going to be sustained by players that will NOT play live or will it be played by those that play live and classic? That will determine the subscription's design, and it will be mitigated by how costly it is build and how much it is to upkeep.

In short it will be one of two outcomes: Half or full price initial purchase (based on cost of goods) then either a WoW subscription (For example Base WoW Subscription +33.3% average for a "Prestige Subscription" allowing for live WoW access and Classic WoW access. But no reversion of that model, for example: No Classic only subscription. This means that classic player will always have access to live WoW, so, if they are bored from the stagnation of never getting any new content, it is simply a refreshing rejuvenation of "why" they love classic by accessing Live in accordance to their subscription and getting triggered from Live all over again to reignite their desire for classic all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or you might just be wrong. Probably more likely than your version.

Literally everything they said about it so far points to them not having done any serious work on it so far. They answered every single question about how it's going to work with "not decided yet", they told us they don't even have a team yet, they outright said they haven't actually done any work on it yet.

And then you try to dismiss it all with "they lied". Well, if they lied then we have no idea if they're even going to work on it at all. With that argument i may as well assert that Classic isn't actually happening and they're just trolling the lot of you.
    Blizzard never announces something without working on it. Ever.

They told Nost about it in January.

This is about the subscription fee, Not box prices, Keep up pumpkin.
    =>
    Okay, you're a troll.

=>

Okay, you're a troll.
    You're the one who brought up expacs because you think you should be given free access because you bought a box 13 years ago, Again, Keep up pumpkin.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Hopefully not. WoW already has a fairly negative player base, and the subscription is the only thing protecting it from full blown toxicity.
    Looks like 24 people will not be playing according to the poll, my guess is a SHIT TON that played on Nos wont play either because of sub.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Looks like 24 people will not be playing according to the poll, my guess is a SHIT TON that played on Nos wont play either because of sub.
    Make that 43, because the guys who voted "more expensive" are certainly not the guys who want to play Classic.

The less third-worlders and children I have to deal with the better.

=>

Okay, you're a troll.
    Don't bother, Lolsteak doesn't bother with things like facts or logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    The less third-worlders and children I have to deal with the better.
    My thoughts exactly.