Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I'm gonna quest and use thotbot
    Wowhead really needs to bring that website back and have it cater to Classic WoW. Going to the old thottbot.com address just takes you to wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I can't help but laugh at people saying dungeons are quick leveling in Vanilla. Have fun grinding the same dungeons over and over and over until you'd rather beat your head against a brick wall. The only advantage to dungeon leveling is that your gear will be better than someone who's quested the whole way.
    Dungeons are considerably slower than grinding mobs solo, especially for the better solo classes (Hunter/Lock/Mage). However, if the population is as dense as I think it will be on launch, Dungeons may end up being faster than grinding unless you get way ahead of the pack and find a lonely spot to knock out a few levels at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I mean, it could be done. It'd require some focus, no other competition in the area and probably not getting up to make a meal or take a piss or any other interruptions.
    Pretty sure it literally couldn't be done, no matter how few people you had to compete with. It's about 30min-1hour each level pretty much from the start. Reaching 20 in ~15 hours is rather decent.

It all heavely depends on the class though, I guess hunters and warlocks can chain pull a lot more quickly. I only have experience with paladin and rogue leveling from Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Why would the realms cap at 5k? While these are vanilla servers blizzard has said it uses the modern infrastructure which can hold a lot more than 5k per realm. EU and Us will have separate servers that's pretty duh. And I think 2 or 3 servers each is likely. MAYBE 4. (PVP, PVE, RP, RPPVP). 8 realms across US and EU is best bet.
    I've already explained it like 2 posts bellow the 1 you quoted...

Create all your characters at the start and level them to 5.

Take them all to an inn.

Rotate through them as they all have max rested XP.

Voila. All chars level 60 in /played 5 days each or less

If you wanna do 1 char quickly, then be a mage and aoe grind.

Deleted
    Mage aoe grind tech is no more a viable option, except if you are above the melee and get to 20 very quick at the server launch

Because everyone knows the technique, too many mages on the spots, you have to fight physically (and verbally) to get your mobs and loosin way too much time
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-24 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Yes you physically can. If you run for a low /timeplayed, you generally hyper focus and never stand still, log out in inns for the rested xp and 5 hours is easily doable if you plan things correctly. 5 hours is a breeze to do so, let alone 10. Would you run to 20 in 5 hours on a first day speed run or a fresh server run? No, you won't, but you will never have an optimal route during those days, so improvising is important.
    Wrong again, rested xp worked different those days + don't you think people who try to brake records use these methods. It's not like other speedruns, they don't play 4days20hours straight. I am not trying to argue but No you just can't!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    im planning on enjoying my experience, I have leveled a few 60s so I know the general path I will take but I have no plans to "rush" to 60.
    Nice mindset.
    "Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life."

It's particulary true in WoW.
    You try to rush until level max and you realise that the best was during the race.

One tip to experiment that feeling (even in retail WoW) :
    Read all quests

This will change your enjoyement during leveling.
    I hated read and when i started reading it was a reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    lol you are underestimating the scale this will have to go to. expect 20+ realms up at launch, later maybe merged.
    I'm very much excited and for the prosperity of vanilla servers. But 20 realms? Come on, try and be realistic. Honestly 1 of each is what I see happening.

The fastest way is to have a group of people tap grind you from 30-60. But people will say that is not fair or vanilla style and I will laugh at them because this is how big raiding guilds leveled alts in Vanilla when a warrior, rogue or mage was needed......

I saw a couple of people capped within the first week on a server I'm playing at, meanwhile I'm yet to hit 30.
    I personally think if you care about the fastest way to 60, you are missing the whole point of the classic servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Create all your characters at the start and level them to 5.

Take them all to an inn.

Rotate through them as they all have max rested XP.

Voila. All chars level 60 in /played 5 days each or less

If you wanna do 1 char quickly, then be a mage and aoe grind.
    Warlock dot kiting is equally effective and you get self heals through siphon life.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Nice mindset.
    One tip to experiment that feeling (even in retail WoW) :
    Read all quests

This will change your enjoyement during leveling.
    I hated read and when i started reading it was a reborn
    I agree with that. I can't do it on retail due to "git good fast" mentality of the raiding scene, but on private servers I avoid any questing add-on, and this way all of a sudden every quest becomes a journey and every quest giver gains a ton of personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    I'm very much excited and for the prosperity of vanilla servers. But 20 realms? Come on, try and be realistic. Honestly 1 of each is what I see happening.
    Just see what happened with Elysium early this year : at server launch and for several weeks you had 15k people playin permanently and 10 to 20k people waiting in the queue for login almost 24/7

We're talkin about more than 30k people around the world for just a random free private server, so can you imagine the number with a fully Blizzard-supported Classic worldwide launch ? One server per region won't be enough
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-25 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    im planning on enjoying my experience, I have leveled a few 60s so I know the general path I will take but I have no plans to "rush" to 60.
    Thats the most sensible approach I guess. Just make sure to put in a few grind days where you can get your professions up to the right levels and also farm for mats that you can sell to already bulk up on money for the mounts. Many of the rushing folks later on complain that they have to do all that grinding after hitting 60 just for the mount, yet they could have done all of that by farming the right mounts to sell off the materials on the AH and make a bunch of that money along the way

I know how to mage farm BRD for 100g an hour so ill be fine haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Joanas guide and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I got to 21 as a Warrior in 13hours and I died sooo many times (+ not to mention warriors cant even fucking kill the same lvl mobs).
    Warriors don't have a heal so they greatly benefit from troll's blood potions. All warriors should take alchemy and herbalism if they seek to power level. Make your own. It may not sound like much but those tiny ticks every few seconds to regen HP really add up, especially since it happens even in combat.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Warriors don't have a heal so they greatly benefit from troll's blood potions. All warriors should take alchemy and herbalism if they seek to power level. Make your own. It may not sound like much but those tiny ticks every few seconds to regen HP really add up, especially since it happens even in combat.
    Great tip, had no idea about this! Gonna use it in classic for sure!
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

7+ Year Old Account
    Until we know HOW they are going to do it it's hard to say what the best way to level up is.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."