Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Becuase thats how vanilla was.
    You wanted vanilla and thats what you get (hopefully)

Don't like it? Play retail.
    How dare he suggest a tiny, small QoL addition that doesn't affect you in any way, as you can still send one item at a time if you want.

Are you seriously that concerned with how others want to send their mail in-game? Seriously, people, it's not like he's asking for LFD/LFR or three-four raid difficulties for classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you asked for Vanilla you should get nothing but Vanilla, any advances made Classic shouldn't be allowed, just bug fixes that's it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, you asked for Vanilla you should get nothing but Vanilla, any advances made Classic shouldn't be allowed, just bug fixes that's it.
    Would that also "not make it vanilla"? I mean, just like sending one single item per mail back then is part of the "vanilla experience", so were the disconnect and game-crashing bugs part of the "vanilla experience".

Seems to me you're cherry-picking the inconveniences you want to keep and which ones to discard.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    No, this is WoW: Classic, i.e. WoW: Vanilla with some changes. Honestly, the people advocating against this change are the same people driving the project to failure. Who wants to carry around their mounts and pets in their vault and/or bags, and why would you support the need of a mule (not that I care since I still use mules)?
    No, you are wrong. Blizzard explicitly said that this is not WoW: Vanilla with some changes, but the original game with all the bad stuff included... when will this forum finally understand this? >.<

EDIT: Source (just an example, there is more confirmation)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-24 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    "I want to play vanilla, but can you change that, how it is today?"

Vanilla is vanilla, no changes, only bug fixes. Nothing else. Problem with that? Go and play the current addon. No porting stones and no to all other quality of life improvements after vanilla classic. Classic is classic, if you can't take it, leave it and fuck off. Srsly. Classic isnt even live and people cry for improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So were the disconnect and game-crashing bugs part of the "vanilla experience".

Seems to me you're cherry-picking the inconveniences you want to keep and which ones to discard.
    Game crashes have nothing to with the game feeling and gameplay. Sorry to say that to you. Not a valid argument :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Would that also "not make it vanilla"? I mean, just like sending one single item per mail back then is part of the "vanilla experience", so were the disconnect and game-crashing bugs part of the "vanilla experience".

whatever they had envisioned or designed vanilla for, is the limit of what should be available anything else would be the developers having to do extra work on a product they didn't design for, but only developed later for additional material.

Vanilla shouldn't get that because developers outside of bug fixes that have already done being implemented, there is nothing else they should do. People wanted Vanilla they should get it, at no additional work for developers.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyxzz View Post
    Game crashes have nothing to with the game feeling and gameplay. Sorry to say that to you. Not a valid argument :/
    You do know what "experience" means, right? It's the collection of what you went through during a certain period, good and bad. And yes, the crashes, the disconnects, the 'falling through gaps in the world', all that was part of the "vanilla experience". To say they're not is just, like I said, cherry-picking what you want in the game and what you don't want in the game.

How dare he suggest a tiny, small QoL addition that doesn't affect you in any way, as you can still send one item at a time if you want.

Are you seriously that concerned with how others want to send their mail in-game? Seriously, people, it's not like he's asking for LFD/LFR or three-four raid difficulties for classic.
    Change this one little thing and then someone else wants some little thing and after a few of thoes we'll end up with LFR and flying mounts.
    I mean, none of thoes affects anyone else either. You can just not use them after all, eh?

Or you know, get the addon that Blizzard pretty much copied to make their default mass mail. Like they did with bag sorting and auto-loot.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

If we somehow end up in a situation where blizzard is even interested in discussing changes like these (which I think is unlikely) I don't see any reason this would negatively affect the game. But I just don't see blizzard being interested. Add what's there is just a cleaner design philosophy.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Change this one little thing and then someone else wants some little thing and after a few of thoes we'll end up with LFR and flying mounts.
    I mean, none of thoes affects anyone else either. You can just not use them after all, eh?
    Actually... LFR and flying mounts do affect people who don't want those features. Flying affects how you interact with the world, especially in world PvP, for example. As for LFR, it does affect and devalue the sense of accomplishment many claim to experience when getting a raid boss dead and get epic loot.

Deleted
    "It need to be completely white because otherwise it will be completely black!"

The more I read this forum (and it's been entertaining these days! Thanks to everyone), the more I think we'll get 2 types of Classic servers. One without any change, and later, after a whole lot of whinning, an other with QoL and balancing stuff. The second being more popular in the end

IonCostas can say whatever he wants in videos. The guy know back peddling

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Exactly. You can live without it, just like everyone fucking did during Vanilla. So stop whining about it and deal with it like everyone did.
    Is that honestly enough reason for you? A previous generation had no access, so you deny it to the young ones?

Just use CT Mail Mod

Deleted
    Blizzard can't fix something, but you can use mods/addons to make whatever you want happen. Modding game a lot doesn't make it non vanilla, but if Blizz does the same work, it is. That is rather brilliant logic.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You guys are missing out on some important stuff and Blizzard has been pretty clear actually about it: This is not going to be a remastered version, they want to make the experience as close as possible as it was back in 2004-2006 and this includes all the inconveniences.
    On WoW Head you can read:

*They want it to be a "Blizzard-quality experience" which means a polished product.

So what is the meaning of polish ?
    I would expect some change, like it or not, they are going to do some change

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Is that honestly enough reason for you? A previous generation had no access, so you deny it to the young ones?
    In regards to Vanilla servers, yes. Yes it is. That's the whole fucking point of them.

And again, YOU are the one who can live with it. YOU are the one who needs to shut the fuck up whining about a feature that YOU don't need. Get the fuck over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    In regards to Vanilla servers, yes. Yes it is. That's the whole fucking point of them.

And again, YOU are the one who can live with it. YOU are the one who needs to shut the fuck up whining about a feature that YOU don't need. Get the fuck over yourself.
    You wish.

You want to silence me and shut down debate, but you can not make it happen.

Honestly, why are you afraid of different opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    The best part of all these purists are that most of these things can be done with addons, and the purists either never played vanilla really and just wanna act cool or actually used them and wanna make a statement on the forums, just to act cool.

Everyone used the mail addon
    Everyone used the questie addon to lvl up alts
    Everyone used atlasloot

Why not just add simple version of them in the game, that you can turn on or off in options?
    I never used the mail add-on or any quest add-ons ever. Don't speak for other people and don't project yourself on others.

Notice that I wouldn't object to update the game so we can send multiple items per mail. I would object for a handholding quest integration in the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So which patch of Vanilla is 1 ?
    "Which patch?" Why do you want to pick just one? Anything that existed in the official release of WOW and before the first TBC patch is Vanilla WOW.