Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to stop the "purist" toxicity

TLDR: NO QoL, No CHANGES to vanilla. Read carefully to the end before your emotions cloud your judgement, if you're under the influence of a drug-like addiction, please ignore this post, this will be evident in your response, and you will be ignored.

1- release original vanilla as it was including game breaking bugs and technical issues.
    2- let them get used to it for a while.
    3- add modern graphics as an option without telling them, they won't notice it anyway.
    4- make an external addon for every QoL that is possible as an addon and not a built-in option, they will not be able to whine and complain about it since it is not Blizzard changing the game directly.
    5- after a few months, add vanilla related achievements to BfA without altering vanilla in any way, just like how you would get an achievement in WoW for winning 5 rated games in Hearthstone and getting a mount for it in retail WoW.
    6- you just made everyone happy by giving everyone a reason to play classic wow and at the same time promoted retail for those who like to play both.
    7- release TBC with an option for one free copy of a lvl 60 toon from classic and make players pay to copy other toons, like giving us a free boost with new expansions, but for any other toons you wanna boost, you gotta pay. Also offer option for a free lvl 60 boost on a new toon, but then you won't be able to get a free character copy from classic if you use it.
    8- same as 7 but with WotLK and other expansions up to retail, with an updated graphics option.

PS: I am a purist too, just not a crazy mindless drugged emotional illogical depressed POS.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2017-11-25 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, the only toxicity I see in this is you trying to kick the bee's nest with unrefined ideas just for a quick emotional grab that will lead to absolutely nothing useful.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Please shut down this entire board, please for the love of god make this end.

You're forgetting that the private server community is extremely toxic, much much worse than the retail community. I'd rather not see them in the game at all, so if changes are to be made I hope that Blizzard make them early.
    That way those that are there for the pure joy of the vanilla gameplay experience will have a much better experience and the toxicity gets to stay in Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Players should not get vanilla achievements for playing on classic realms. They belong to the people that helped make this game great from the start.
    As a vanilla player, what the fuck? We didn't do shit...we played a broken game, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    I agree with this. They already confirmed they are not going to change anything. They are only going to discuss about which patch classic servers should launch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    Nah, it's kind of funny to see this community implode with toxicity tbh, nor is it surprising to anyone who has seen how they treat people who didn't demand vanilla wow, IE: Panser

lol.

United in a common goal, once achieved the fighting inside beings.

I enjoy it, its a shit show compared to bfa forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Players should not get vanilla achievements for playing on classic realms. They belong to the people that helped make this game great from the start.
    Holy shit some people are stuck up nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Nah, it's kind of funny to see this community implode with toxicity tbh, nor is it surprising to anyone who has seen how they treat people who didn't demand vanilla wow, IE: Panser

lol.

United in a common goal, once achieved the fighting inside beings.

I enjoy it, its a shit show compared to bfa forums.
    Funny that it's fine to gauge the Classic community overall by the forums, but apply the same idea with retail players (General Discussion) and people will rush in saying how that comparison isn't fair.

What the hell is there to talk about regarding BFA anyway? Not like there are any real contentious issues to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    As a vanilla player, what the fuck? We didn't do shit...we played a broken game, that's it.
    And played on.

And I'm still laughing over the idea of "Vanilla achievements" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Frankly, the only toxicity I see in this is you trying to kick the bee's nest with unrefined ideas just for a quick emotional grab that will lead to absolutely nothing useful.
    Pretty much this - I mean, if you actually want this crap, power to ya.

When i see posts like this i realise that we need people like Alexensual in our community to fight retards like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I agree with this. They already confirmed they are not going to change anything. They are only going to discuss about which patch classic servers should launch on.
    I'll be honest, I don't always take what Blizzard say at face value. The fact that Ion came out and said this on stream though, should give it some validity. If he goes back on his word, they will take some serious flack.

It makes me laugh that most of the pro-QoL trolls on this sub-forum conveniently ignore the fact that this statement was ever even uttered

Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    When i see posts like this i realise that we need people like Alexensual in our community to fight retards like you.
    real "winner" you've chosen to get behind there.. he has some serious issues

Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    Good job proving his point, have a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by frequenz View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't always take what Blizzard say at face value. The fact that Ion came out and said this on stream though, should give it some validity. If he goes back on his word, they will take some serious flack.

It makes me laugh that most of the pro-QoL trolls on this sub-forum conveniently ignore the fact that this statement was ever even uttered
    Is there a link to a recording of this stream somewhere? I would like to check it out. Did he say they wont change anything regarding gameplay or basically launch the game with the old client and absolutely zero changes to what they have? I would be surprised if they would not take advantage of the new tech they have available.

All these answers sound like most of you are depressed. Not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    All these answers sound like most of you are depressed. Not gonna bother.
    I understand. Your shitpost quality with the OP was low.

When it's your opinion it's brilliant, but when it's an opinion you don't like it's toxic.