Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    "Which patch?" Why do you want to pick just one? Anything that existed in the official release of WOW and before the first TBC patch is Vanilla WOW.
    Fair enough, but you do realize they've already stated you're not getting that, right ? Exploits and dc bugs = gone. This is going to be something that never existed on live servers. That part is a done deal.

And who knows what exactly they mean by exploits. Closing exploits could mean other changes ... as in if they need to remove access to something legitimate because it's the only way to stomp the exploit, they might make it accessible in a fashion it never was on live.

And just for the record (I say it in most posts I make in this sub): I don't have a horse in this race. Whether they did a copy/paste (although they've said they're not going to) or if they have massive QoL changes, I'm leveling a character to 60 and that's probably that.

I am honestly just trying to get the "no changes whatsoever" camp to save themselves some stress. It's not going to be a copy/paste, that's already off the table. And if they consider fixing exploits an acceptable change, what else will they consider an acceptable change ?

If you want as close to Vanilla experience as possible, great - but you need to be reasonable in your demands or no one, including the people who are making the decisions about Classic, is going to listen to you ("you" in a general sense; the "no changes whatsoever" camp).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Fair enough, but you do realize they've already stated you're not getting that, right ? Exploits and dc bugs = gone. This is going to be something that never existed on live servers. That part is a done deal.

And who knows what exactly they mean by exploits. Closing exploits could mean other changes ... as in if they need to remove access to something legitimate because it's the only way to stomp the exploit, they might make it accessible in a fashion it never was on live.

And just for the record (I say it in most posts I make in this sub): I don't have a horse in this race. Whether they did a copy/paste (although they've said they're not going to) or if they have massive QoL changes, I'm leveling a character to 60 and that's probably that.

I am honestly just trying to get the "no changes whatsoever" camp to save themselves some stress. It's not going to be a copy/paste, that's already off the table. And if they consider fixing exploits an acceptable change, what else will they consider an acceptable change ?

If you want as close to Vanilla experience as possible, great - but you need to be reasonable in your demands or no one, including the people who are making the decisions about Classic, is going to listen to you ("you" in a general sense; the "no changes whatsoever" camp).
    Our stance is nearly identical then. I'm going to play Classic no matter what they put out and I have no demands, not even the demand to recreate an identical release, patch per patch. All I've been doing is going to threads that makes demands and simply stating that it isn't a Vanilla WOW feature, even if I agree that I would want it added. What I'm finding is that most people don't want a bunch of the game changed, just one or two things of their own. But if we had just one or two from each person who made a demand, where would we find ourselves? It's an experimental thought process more so than me just resisting everything. I won't care in the end and I'll be playing like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Exactly. You can live without it, just like everyone fucking did during Vanilla. So stop whining about it and deal with it like everyone did.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what is funny, I never lived with it, by the time I started CT mailmod was already out. That's why I couldn't remember which expansion it changed because for me it never changed.

I love vanilla and I want it 99% unchanged, but stuff like this isn't something to lose sleep over.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Our stance is nearly identical then. I'm going to play Classic no matter what they put out and I have no demands, not even the demand to recreate an identical release, patch per patch. All I've been doing is going to threads that makes demands and simply stating that it isn't a Vanilla WOW feature, even if I agree that I would want it added. What I'm finding is that most people don't want a bunch of the game changed, just one or two things of their own. But if we had just one or two from each person who made a demand, where would we find ourselves? It's an experimental thought process more so than me just resisting everything. I won't care in the end and I'll be playing like everyone else.
    Very fair, then, and I do apologize for thinking you were, yourself, one of those hardcore purist types, if that is not the case as you state.

But Classic isn't Vanilla. "Vanilla" was never on the table. I think the best way to describe is in evoking how Brack announced it ... it's going to be the flavor of Vanilla, but it won't be Vanilla.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Honestly, why are you afraid of different opinions?
    1.) I'm not afraid of them.
    2.) You're the one who seems to be afraid of them. So perhaps you could answer your own question.

Real questions that should be asked about any changes to Vanilla:

Would changing this affect gameplay? Nope!
    Would changing this make it harder or easier to play the game? Nope!
    Would changing this benefit the game in any way? Nope!

You not being able to send your alts all your shit easily and effectively has no impact on the whole game. So begging for it like the spoiled Millennial you clearly and painfully are is a waste of breath. YOU are the one who's going to have to deal with people telling you how stupid it is, because it is -- in fact -- stupid.

P.S.: To the clown whining about how he had an addon that helped with the problem, just think about what you're fucking saying.

P.S.: To the clown whining about how he had an addon that helped with the problem, just think about what you're fucking saying.
    I am.

You argued even though it hurts nothing and is going to be modded out by everyone that it shouldn't be changed. Frankly your stance is head scratching.

1.) I'm not afraid of them.
    2.) You're the one who seems to be afraid of them. So perhaps you could answer your own question.

Real questions that should be asked about any changes to Vanilla:

Would changing this affect gameplay? Nope!
    Would changing this make it harder or easier to play the game? Nope!
    Would changing this benefit the game in any way? Nope!

You not being able to send your alts all your shit easily and effectively has no impact on the whole game. So begging for it like the spoiled Millennial you clearly and painfully are is a waste of breath. YOU are the one who's going to have to deal with people telling you how stupid it is, because it is -- in fact -- stupid.

If it has no impact on the whole game, why are you up in arms about it? If you believe it will not impact the game, it should not matter to you. Others have already demonstrated it matters to them. You appear to be protesting multi-mail just to give grief to people. And just like griefers, you are quick to resort to ad hominems. Wanting a free debate is apparently a detestable Millennial thing these days... Those kids! They grew up daring to think their opinion actually matters!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by normanton View Post
    ^^ banned lol
    Yeah, well, with that tone it's hardly a surprise.

So. Much. Anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Allow them to let us mail multiple items in a single mail. I can't even begin to comprehend the logic that says, we should not allow us to have guild banks, and we also should force us to mail the bank alts, 1 item at a time, per mail. Please stop this perpetual stupidity.
    there was an addon that let you mass-mail and mass-recieve mail attachments back in the day.