Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @Talime, if you're going to post in the Druid subforum, at least look up what spells Druids actually have currently. You were wrong in the BfA forum already, and you're still wrong on how similar the spells are and what they actually do.

Ironbark and Lifebloom aren't even Balance spells.

woofingston, the at-sign is used to reference other posters, that's why it gets detected.

Deleted
    It would need to be changed so that it doesn't pull mobs you aren't in combat with. Although I feel all aoe abilities should work like that, including things like frost mage's splitting ice and fire spread. Otherwise I don't think I would ever bring a boomkin to a mythic plus run ever again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It would need to be changed so that it doesn't pull mobs you aren't in combat with. Although I feel all aoe abilities should work like that, including things like frost mage's splitting ice and fire spread. Otherwise I don't think I would ever bring a boomkin to a mythic plus run ever again.
    Starfall worked like this for a long time after Blizzard finally fixed it, but Blizzard somehow changed it again with Legion with the argument: Druids should be more aware of their surroundings like other aoe casters aswell. Well Other AoEs are not 40 meters across...

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    idc about that. it's a stupid mechanic and shouldn't be possible in the first place.
    Then I guess no balance druids will ever be able to get their mage tower challenge appearance every again, because that's 100% necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woofingston View Post
    if your main gripe is about the ground target of starfall, just create a macro with (at)player. That will cast starfall without targeting, with you as the center.
    (god damn it, even an (at) sign is detected as link?)
    Or use a mouseover macro like I do so it goes where your pointer is.
    /cast [@cursor] Starfall
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Starfall worked like this for a long time after Blizzard finally fixed it, but Blizzard somehow changed it again with Legion with the argument: Druids should be more aware of their surroundings like other aoe casters aswell. Well Other AoEs are not 40 meters across...
    It worked that way since sometime during Cataclysm, though they frequently re-broke it. Ignoring CCed targets didn't happen till halfway through MoP. The spell wasn't added till WotLK, either.

I prefer the current version. It gives more control, and it has better range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Or use a mouseover macro like I do so it goes where your pointer is.
    yes, that is such a welcome addition to macros. so useful for so many abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    You sure? It pulled mobs we weren't in combat with in Hellfire Citadel in WoD.

We got trash-packs entering the room with the robot boss (forgot his name) half-way into the fight, and had to ask our boomkin to stand at the edge of rooms to not pull all of the trash towards the tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You sure? It pulled mobs we weren't in combat with in Hellfire Citadel in WoD.

We got trash-packs entering the room with the robot boss (forgot his name) half-way into the fight, and had to ask our boomkin to stand at the edge of rooms to not pull all of the trash towards the tyrant.
    Depended on what glyph you used. You could either have it only hit targets with your own Sun/Moonfire on them or everything in 40y. Many Moonkin used the glyph for practical reasons, particularly in encounters with shortlived adds.

Deleted
    Then I guess no balance druids will ever be able to get their mage tower challenge appearance every again, because that's 100% necessary.
    Sure, great point. it's not like the mage tower skins won't be obtainable in BfA...

it may be neccesary for undergeared moonkins, above 915 it's a joke and all you have to do is dot everything and run around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    Sure, great point. it's not like the mage tower skins won't be obtainable in BfA...

it may be neccesary for undergeared moonkins, above 915 it's a joke and all you have to do is dot everything and run around.
    Actually, they won't. You earn them in Legion or you never get them. Also a few tints like the complete a +15 won't be obtainable either.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Actually, they won't. You earn them in Legion or you never get them. Also a few tints like the complete a +15 won't be obtainable either.
    Only those two actually. If you have the basic mage tower appearance for a weapon, you can still earn the others, but you can't get that one and the +15 one anymore.

Oh man... How many times did Blizzard say they fixed the old starfall so it would not pull everything? Old starfall was good and fun when you could actually use it and not ninja pull, which was rare I say. It was godlike on Heroic LK. Killing ghost that was far away and also good om Elegon. But other than that more pain than gain imo... I think its good as it is now. Also bracers and cast inside starfall ring is soooooo damn good!
    "You think you do, but you don't..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the current version of boomkins, so i hope they dont change it back
    Hi

If we only get one change I want it to be that. This version of boomy is far from a favorite for me, I'd be happier with a more cata vibe but I'm not expecting that. But the thing I miss most is my 40 yard AoE. Sure I never touched it in dungeons or raids unless I was granted permission (I'm serious) by the dungeon/raid lead, but in the world, it was the best thing ever.

Any one remember stunfall in PvP? @ wotlk beta. :P
    "You think you do, but you don't..."

Deleted
    Boomkin were notorious pull the whole dungeon magnets. Worse then hunters. The new starfal gives us more control imo

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think that they just need to replace the useless 'fury of elune' talent with one that makes starfall:

1) not have initial cost

2) travel with the druid, with the same range it has now

3) drain 10 astral power per second

4) do the same dmg as it does now, but 3x as much to targets affected by your dots

5) have a 1m cooldown

It'll p. much bring old starfall back as an option for those that wanted it; I happen to be one who does want it. And let's face it, the deadly lazer was dead on arrival anyway so this'll just give druids one more viable max level talent.
    And that will make druids have worse aoe than a warrior tank......