Deleted

Unholy T21 2p Buff

So with the recent buff on the PTR which says the following

Unholy
    Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 2P Bonus now deals 35% of direct damage (was 25%) from Death Coil over 4 seconds.

What do you think about the theorized Death March/Defile build? Will it become a competetive set of talents and gear to run with or will Valkyrie still be at the top? Personally i dislike the valkyrie due to it not feeling like "Unholy". However if the Helm build becomes a thing i could see myself running it due to it having a more Unholy feel to it. Your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile suffers *heavily* from movement. If you can't keep the boss in one spot for the majority of the duration, it doesn't matter what the CD on Defile actually is. It will depend on the boss of course, but look at Nighthold and how many of the bosses move around the room regularly.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

From what I gather, the Death March helm only becomes attractive because the 10% buff to Death Coil that the leggo provides, as our tier is all based around Death Coil in Antorus.

The only mention that Defile gets out of all of this is that Death March, as you know, reduces Defile's cd via Death Coil. The tier, however, does nothing to buff or synergize Defile. IMO, Defile is a niche ability that has proven to be useful in 1 or 2 fights each tier.

I haven't looked at sims and whatnot for next tier but I'd be pretty surprised if the Dark Arb / Tak'theritrix build isn't top again, especially considering that build utilizes Unholy Frenzy to pump out more DC's, which makes it a good match for tier built around using DC
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing more enraging then some dumb tank thinking my defile was from mobs or a boss... and they just scoot over. Ugh.

Defile build with helm is pretty fun though. Try it!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Hellborne87;48130610]From what I gather, the Death March helm only becomes attractive because the 10% buff to Death Coil that the leggo provides, as our tier is all based around Death Coil in Antorus.

The only mention that Defile gets out of all of this is that Death March, as you know, reduces Defile's cd via Death Coil. The tier, however, does nothing to buff or synergize Defile. IMO, Defile is a niche ability that has proven to be useful in 1 or 2 fights each tier.QUOTE]

This is wrong. The 4pc procc does also affect the cd of Defile with Death March equipped. So its a 20% Buff to the lego cd reduction. If we look at this closer there are some interesting Facts about it:
    With the end content we could get around 20k+ from one secondary stat (dont call me on this, just speculation). This means we can get our 50%+ haste. The goal will be to drag the defile mastery stacks into the next defile cast. With a full haste gear you will get free 3k mastery then and a lot, a fucking lot amount of dc, defile, ss, fs, and wound casts. I guess this will be viable if the haste amount can be achieved.

PS: If this works, blizz will come and nerf it. like they did on gathering storm (still op but if you remember the dmg before the nerf you get wet)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    From what I gather, the Death March helm only becomes attractive because the 10% buff to Death Coil that the leggo provides, as our tier is all based around Death Coil in Antorus.

The only mention that Defile gets out of all of this is that Death March, as you know, reduces Defile's cd via Death Coil. The tier, however, does nothing to buff or synergize Defile. IMO, Defile is a niche ability that has proven to be useful in 1 or 2 fights each tier.

I haven't looked at sims and whatnot for next tier but I'd be pretty surprised if the Dark Arb / Tak'theritrix build isn't top again, especially considering that build utilizes Unholy Frenzy to pump out more DC's, which makes it a good match for tier built around using DC
    Take in account that defile gives you a mastery buff, wich also buffs death coil's shadow damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    Take in account that defile gives you a mastery buff, wich also buffs death coil's shadow damage
    Also pop chest on max stacks of defile just for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    So with the recent buff on the PTR which says the following

Unholy
    Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 2P Bonus now deals 35% of direct damage (was 25%) from Death Coil over 4 seconds.

What do you think about the theorized Death March/Defile build? Will it become a competetive set of talents and gear to run with or will Valkyrie still be at the top? Personally i dislike the valkyrie due to it not feeling like "Unholy". However if the Helm build becomes a thing i could see myself running it due to it having a more Unholy feel to it. Your thoughts?
    Unholy felt great in wotlk with death coil as the hardest hitting ability and with the highest damage done amount. The current Frost spec with frost strike feels more like old unholy, because it feels good to dump runicpower into an actual damage ability and not some worthless regen generator as it is with DC.

Tried a few times HELMET/RING with defile in ToS and it was allright, much more fun to play then DA-DC-spam-and-hope-for-crits, but boss movement and the just average DPS made it not that fun in the end. It feels a bit silly to play Defile/Helmet/Ring for Mistress Sassizne and just doing the same 2-2.2m DPS as any random ST-Frost-DK with passive RA cleave.

I think when nothing big changes, I go Frost with Belt/Wrist and some 2+4 or 4+2 T20/T21 mix and enjoy the rest of legion with a less frustrating raiding spec.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Unholy felt great in wotlk with death coil as the hardest hitting ability and with the highest damage done amount. The current Frost spec with frost strike feels more like old unholy, because it feels good to dump runicpower into an actual damage ability and not some worthless regen generator as it is with DC.

Tried a few times HELMET/RING with defile in ToS and it was allright, much more fun to play then DA-DC-spam-and-hope-for-crits, but boss movement and the just average DPS made it not that fun in the end. It feels a bit silly to play Defile/Helmet/Ring for Mistress Sassizne and just doing the same 2-2.2m DPS as any random ST-Frost-DK with passive RA cleave.

I think when nothing big changes, I go Frost with Belt/Wrist and some 2+4 or 4+2 T20/T21 mix and enjoy the rest of legion with a less frustrating raiding spec.
    I'm probably going to do the same thing. Because there is no way i'm rerolling to another class with this stupid legendary system...

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

I mean to a diehard frost DK, frost is just as frustrating as unholy is. I just hope they buff BoS again with a tuning patch after antorus comes out....I dont really enjoy raiding with obliteration.

Do anyone know if the extra deathcoil from 4 set buff the valkyr?
    Edit: Guess not since it's based on RP spent.
    Last edited by Khez; 2017-12-01 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khez View Post
    Do anyone know if the extra deathcoil from 4 set buff the valkyr?
    Edit: Guess not since it's based on RP spent.
    Procced dc and death strike count...

So...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Procced dc and death strike count...

So...maybe?
    Read somewhere it doesn't. Not sure though, but would make sense. Otherwise we'd concentrate even more about doing as much damage with the valkyr as we can, aka playing BoS by tunneling boss. Also it'd make CoF still good which would be kind of silly.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-12-01 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Read somewhere it doesn't. Not sure though, but would make sense. Otherwise we'd concentrate even more about doing as much damage with the valkyr as you can, aka playing BoS by tunneling boss. Also it'd like make CoF still good which would be kind of silly.
    I keep going back to my cof and a 1m20s on use trinket. It plays better and (sim) fps is very close.

Less burst on pull though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I keep going back to my cof and a 1m20s on use trinket. It plays better and (sim) fps is very close.

Less burst on pull though...
    same

the second DA cast having Apoc ready with the Ghoul 15% dmg debuff and 15% dmg 2pc increase just to hard to say no too, the annoying part will come when you get the legendary trinket though and then its a matter of CoF + legendary trinket or FOM (fel-oiled machine) + Legendary trinket.

but i guess thats a good problem

Its funny if you look at the Logs (only heroic for now) its pretty Much FOM+CoF the entire way through
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-12-01 at 03:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    same

the second DA cast having Apoc ready with the Ghoul 15% dmg debuff and 15% dmg 2pc increase just to hard to say no too, the annoying part will come when you get the legendary trinket though and then its a matter of CoF + legendary trinket or FOM (fel-oiled machine) + Legendary trinket.

but i guess thats a good problem

Its funny if you look at the Logs (only heroic for now) its pretty Much FOM+CoF the entire way through
    Yeah I'm thinking of settling on the next 910 FoM I roll from the shard lottery.
    Only CoF I has is 890... eww
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking of settling on the next 910 FoM I roll from the shard lottery.
    Only CoF I has is 890... eww
    Don't think the ilevel matters too much.

My 895 mark of khardros makes me laugh for burst.

I should point out I'm not recommending this for progress fights or any serious like that

Some Amazing stuff here, by the way I am new here and I love to make friends from different countries.
    Hope I can find more friend here as well.
    I am from Hire Laptop UK