Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    have anyone made a comparison with vanilla item lvls and how it was better then?
    Not sure if serious, but that comparison doesn't really work. Itemlevel didn't mean as much as rarity back then and I think that was still a thing in TBC and was only removed in WotLK.

Basically, to keep it simply, an item of the same itemlevel, 60 for example, had a powergrowth of green -> blue -> purple being x1 -> x1.5 -> x2. So, if an item had a better rarity, it had higher stats even if the itemlevel was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    In english. In hungarian we have long scale so million for ^6, milliard for ^9, and billiard is ^12

That said who cares about hungarian. The game is english and short scale is better. Localization shouldn't dictate the numbers. And even if it does, it's only the floating dmg numbers. They can just change that based on the language. The underlying number would still be the same.

Also Xperl uses SI prefixes so HPs are xM for the millions and xG for the billions.
    Yeah, I use Xperl (Zperl) so i'm good, but it should be made into the default game, if it isnt already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The abbreviations are not universal. Your country may be 1 billion = 1000 million like the US, but that is not the same with other countries.

The only universal notation would be the scientific notation, but no game I know uses that for their damage representation.
    What I meant was, 1000 x 1.000.000. is always 1.000.000.000.

That said, you may call 1BN "one billion" "one billiard" "one billion" "one milliard" "one arab" (yes, that's a thing ) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I'm not too bugged by big numbers. I definitely prefer smaller numbers. However, I would definitely prefer 1,583,747,388 over 100,00 because the comma being in the wrong spot would literally make me go insane really quick.
    You know what I meant lol. 100,000*. Same numbers I used as examples in the above paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I can only imagine that you are going to actually read the numbers across your screen if you are playing like grandpa. No judging, just I don't see why would you bother reading them.
    I never said I was reading the numbers. The bigger the numbers are the more space they take up. Addons take up a lot of space already and they have information that I’m always looking at/reading. The screen doesn’t need to be cluttered with huge numbers if it doesn’t have to be.

As I said before, I don’t actually care. My preference is smaller numbers but I don’t actually care what we get in terms of big vs small.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, i'm european and 1BN is 1000 x M. Math is logical and universal, 1+1=2 no matter where you are.

Well I'm european too and in german it goes million(10^6), milliarde(10^9), billion(10^12), billiarde(10^15)...^^

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Well I'm european too and in german it goes million(10^6), milliarde(10^9), billion(10^12), billiarde(10^15)...^^
    Could just solve the whole thing and use SI units :P 1kilo, 1Mega, 1Giga, 1Tera, 1Peta, 1Exa, 1Zeta, 1Yotta lol
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-24 at 07:57 PM.

I'm loving the tears of all these 200+ IQ Rick and Morty kids who rely on looking at big numbers to feel good about themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    They should change stuff from an exponential growth to a linear growth.
    Yeah, I always disdained exponential growth. It isn't needed to demonstrate progress.

That's one thing I liked a lot about Classic and earlier expansions (even though exponential growth was present though less grievous) because you'd still want to use some items from a tier or two back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Could just solve the whole thing and use SI unites :P 1kilo, 1Mega, 1Giga, 1Tera, 1Peta, 1Exa, 1Zeta, 1Yotta lol
    That's what xPerl does. And it solves everything. You just get used to it after 2 minutes. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yeah... I'll be honest with you, I'm okay with the fact that huge numbers ruin simming. Simming is the most cancerous part about modern raiding and the heavy reliance on it for balancing and tuning content after raids have been released is a huge hamstring on WoW's development in general. It makes their raids among the least launching quality raids among any of their competitors. And don't even get me started on WoW class balance, especially for a game that has fucking public test realms.
    Their class balance has been the best its been in a long time, why does it make it cancerous? if anything its a great tool to make classes very close together..

The main issue with balancing & quick boss kills (mythic NH) is Titanforging & 4 difficulties but I don't see how raids are poor quality?
    Last edited by xcitng; 2017-11-24 at 09:29 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    In what way was it a clusterfuck?
    You must not be around when it happened first time, took them months(> 6 ) to fix all the bugs caused by it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    (Sorry I quoted you, this was aimed at your quotee)
    Like how is this a cluster fuck?
    I don't like hitting for 3,456,123 vs 3,455 which is easier to read easier to tell if what I did is making a difference just all around better
    I really feel the WoW community are a bunch of kids who freak out at every small change
    for some one who can't even muster a full sentence yet calls others kids every chance he gets, DO YOU SEE THE IRONY?

and we kids as you call it, are not bothered by reading a number bigger than 10
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-11-24 at 11:50 PM.

On the first squish, I was concerned about soloing old content as that's something I like to do. They have handled that well in the past so at this point there is nothing to really worry about it. It makes no difference if the numbers are smaller or larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    for some one who can't even muster a full sentence yet calls others kids every chance he gets, DO YOU SEE THE IRONY?

You can prefer one option without having to be bothered by the other. Smaller numbers are cleaner, easier to read and, frankly, less absurd than the billions we'd be reaching without any stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I'm loving the tears of all these 200+ IQ Rick and Morty kids who rely on looking at big numbers to feel good about themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I always disdained exponential growth. It isn't needed to demonstrate progress.

That's one thing I liked a lot about Classic and earlier expansions (even though exponential growth was present though less grievous) because you'd still want to use some items from a tier or two back.

What's even more fun is the retared people with IQ < 50. "oh my god I can't handle numbers with more than 3 digits derka durr"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    They will never do a player level squish. The outrage from the community would be extreme.
    They are going to have to do something eventually - it's become more than a chore to level a toon, even if you enjoy leveling and have heirlooms, because 110 (and soon, 120) levels to get to the 'actual' game is too much. It has to be especially daunting and disheartening to new players - or people considering trying WoW for the first time. Blizzard needs new players and 120 levels makes that a hard sell.

I'm not sure what the best answer is. Some would just say 'WoW2' but I don't think ending WoW is a viable option right now, instead leaning towards the idea that Blizzard intends to revamp the game so that it continues to transform to a more modern 'wow2' game instead. Part of that is going to have to include doing something about the enormous number of levels.

What I'd like to see is a Cata-style, but even bigger, world revamp. Bring all zones to the present (so that level 1 players don't, say, have their intro quest telling them that Garrosh is Warchief, and some NPC in Orgrimmar saying it's Sylvanas and another NPC saying it is Vol'jin). Using level-scaling, allow players to chart their own path over, say, 50 levels throughout the old world and Cata. maybe 20 levels covering Outland, Northrend and MOP (again, using level scaling so you can chart your course and level entirely in Pandaria if you wan), then 15 levels for WoD and Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post

Simply because it's a pet peeve, I can't help but point out that what you were insulting wasn't actually ironic.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Alanis Morissette screwed up an entire generation's understanding of what irony is...
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Past 2 squishes? When was the 2nd one?
    It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the first one was during Cata or MoP, and there was another one around the 6.0 patch. Like I said, my memory could be a bit fuzzy on it and the Cata might have just been when they started talking about it, not really implemented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    They are going to have to do something eventually - it's become more than a chore to level a toon, even if you enjoy leveling and have heirlooms, because 110 (and soon, 120) levels to get to the 'actual' game is too much. It has to be especially daunting and disheartening to new players - or people considering trying WoW for the first time. Blizzard needs new players and 120 levels makes that a hard sell.
    Honestly though, the thing is, it only appears daunting, but it's really not. In the Vanilla era of the game, 2 weeks of in game play time was what it took to get a character from 1 - 60. TBC and WotLK also continued the "leveling is part of the experience" trend. Once Cata rolled around, things changed so that max level was where the focus went. This is especially true today in Legion, where it is fairly easy to level from 1 - 110 in under 4 in game played days without heirlooms. So the only thing that scares people is the number they see on screen, not actual difficulty / time commitment.

What I'd like to see is a Cata-style, but even bigger, world revamp. Bring all zones to the present (so that level 1 players don't, say, have their intro quest telling them that Garrosh is Warchief, and some NPC in Orgrimmar saying it's Sylvanas and another NPC saying it is Vol'jin). Using level-scaling, allow players to chart their own path over, say, 50 levels throughout the old world and Cata. maybe 20 levels covering Outland, Northrend and MOP (again, using level scaling so you can chart your course and level entirely in Pandaria if you wan), then 15 levels for WoD and Legion?
    Personally, I agree with that, but also don't think it exactly does much. You went from 110 levels down to 85. That number will again quickly reach 110 (we'd be 95 by BfA end, then hit at least 100 in the following expansion) putting it right back at the point where you are saying it's scaring people off.

To me, they need to just do a fairly drastic revamp, with 3 or 4 story paths to max level, and that max could be dropped down to 60 again. With that, it would also be nice to have any expansions only increase by 5 levels not 10. The truth is, you can tell the same exact story in 5 levels that you can in 10 without all the bloat that comes with it. At the end of the day, how much experience we get from quests, kills, etc. are pretty trivial, especially with the introduction of zones that change levels with us. With BfA, we have 3 level up zones per faction, so each zones quests granting 1 1/2 levels of experience would mean we'd pretty much do all the quests, come out with 4 1/2 levels of experience, and have to make up the remaining 1/2 a level with dungeons, kills, and harvesting. Frankly, it seems reasonable to me.

As to what those story paths would be, I'm not exactly sure, but who knows. Maybe we are just simple hero adventurers that want to do the basic plights that different parts of Azeroth have to offer. Maybe we want to be a fighter that supports the Bronze dragons, jumping from world to world fighting whatever big bad existed at certain periods in time.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2017-11-25 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the first one was during Cata or MoP, and there was another one around the 6.0 patch. Like I said, my memory could be a bit fuzzy on it and the Cata might have just been when they started talking about it, not really implemented it.
    The only time we got a stat squish was in the WoD prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    At the end of EN players were doing 450-500k DPS on ursoc, I'd say sisters is somewhat comparable in terms of ST/adds/movement and players are doing 1380 to 1300k DPS.

While we are obviously going to get a boost from antorus, we're not at the 4x amount yet.
    Because you use a way to high starting point. We were somewhere around 250-300k at the start, we're already over 4x. Antorus will give at least 30% more, so we'll break 5x easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The only universal notation would be the scientific notation, but no game I know uses that for their damage representation.
    Some idle games do, mostly for practical reasons(it gets kinda iffy otherwise once you start going beyond e30).

I'd love having that option in WoW. 3.4e6 is so much easier to read than 3,400,000.

It will feel odd at first, but I'm excited for the stat squish.

I like it when stat squishes are super drastic. I like when the difference in 20 or 30 dps is a big deal. I much prefer it to the 1+ million dps we do now.

Seems cool. I like it. It's good in the long term in that we won't need another squish for a while.

OT: I love it, more balanced gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Azyure View Post
    Seeing people do nothing but agree is boring. Someone troll this thread up.
    HERE WE GO:

But stats are just a number guys!
    OMG it's problem for you guys?
    Just add a few zeros and you will have the same numbers guys!
    GUYS IT'S JUST A NUMBER AND IF YOUR BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND THAT THEN WOW ISN'T MAYBE FOR YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I like it when stat squishes are super drastic. I like when the difference in 20 or 30 dps is a big deal. I much prefer it to the 1+ million dps we do now.

Seems cool. I like it. It's good in the long term in that we won't need another squish for a while.
    Expect another in 2 expansions, when numbers will be on Legion niveau again.