Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think they look amazing - Zandalar looks varied and colorful, whereas Kul'tiras seems atmospheric and natural.

They're definitely the most beautiful zones we've seen so far, at least a huge step up over Legion's zones, which were a step down from WoD and MoP imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I do think they're reaching the limits of how impressive you can make a WoW zone. The tech seems to be heading for diminishing returns, and we've already seen so many wild and wacky things.

I was kind of hoping we'd get city zones in all future expansions...
    I dont think tech is the problem, this kind of graphics has always been iconic to world of warcraft, tech is fine (for example borderlands dont have realistic graphics either but gameplay is 100x more important), you either like the way it looks or you dont, cant please everyone with graphics style

I think its more about zone/colour variety, WotLK had very good zones with cool music, I also liked MoP zones...WoD would be great if Alliance had something to do in frostfire ridge, ice, snow and volcanoes...simply great. Legion has very similarly looking zones when it comes to colour.

My dream is to have a huge city to fight over, district by district. Blizz came close to this with Suramar. St. Petersburg like city would be nice, huge snowy city.

I hope that they will revamp some old zones in BfA. Also if we had proper weather effects we would not have this problem, snow could melt in some places, some zones could be flooded from time to time...its a fantasy game, there is always a way to make snow, desert, forest or jungle zones right next to each other.

I wasnt too hyped for kul tiras at first it looks very similar to stormheim, but the Valley place looks very Witcher-ish which is cool. I'm more hyped for Zalandar - the dinosaur area with the prehistoric trees and marshes looks great

WoD zones were awesome.

If you didn't like Vashj'ir you're wrong and screw you. You'll come at me and say, but melee it was a struggle. No it fucking wasn't. I did it on a melee a caster and ranged melee. That zone was awesome. Fault your own inability to comprehend 3d space.

Zandalar looks pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So is there confirmation on how leveling works?

Is it 3 Zones per faction, or will you be going cross faction-zone at some point? I don't really understand how we'll be going 10 levels in 3 zones and if the island exploration stuff is playing a part in the leveling.
    You will be leveling on your factions continent. At 120 you will be doing world quests on the other factions continent.
    So, if your alliance, you'll be doing WQ's on Zandalar and vice versa.

I love the way Kul Tiras looks. Will definitely be leveling an alliance character to enjoy it. I’m so tired of demons and all the space crap in Legion. If I wanted space stuff I wouldn’t be playing a high fantasy RPG. Can’t wait to see the back of it and hope it never returns.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    WoD zones were awesome.

If you didn't like Vashj'ir you're wrong and screw you. You'll come at me and say, but melee it was a struggle. No it fucking wasn't. I did it on a melee a caster and ranged melee. That zone was awesome. Fault your own inability to comprehend 3d space.
    Second that, after getting used to it I loved Vashj'ir, I hope the return of Queen Azshara introduces some more underwater content!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    I know the blizz art team usually outdo themselves when it comes to visual representation, and although the monsters we saw looked great, the zones overall seemed very stale and kind of "been there done that". The desert is nice, we havent had a desert in a long time, but other than that theres 2 forest/jungles on zandalar, and three forest/highlands on Kul'tiras (with one of them having a creepy vibe to it)... I dont know, it just seems a bit lacklustre, and the colour palette is just too drab, and not in a cool kind of way.

Maybe i just like big flashy zones, but for me personally Cata had some of the best looking zones ever. Vashj'ir, Deepholm, Ulduum (far too few deserts in wow tbh) even the Twilight Highlands were ominous and different. Personally nothing that weve seen so far in BFA compares to these, they are just reskinned jungles and forests.
    I just don't think we've seen enough of the zones to make a fair assessment of its quality. If you go with the theory that they show the best of the zones in the teasers, then your personal dislike will have some merit. If one thinks they might be saving the best for last, than it might be premature speculation.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    WoD zones were awesome.

It was a gorgeous and creative zone, it was just a pain to level in because you had a 2D map for a 3D environment and a constant screen warping effect from being underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I just don't think we've seen enough of the zones to make a fair assessment of its quality. If you go with the theory that they show the best of the zones in the teasers, then your personal dislike will have some merit. If one thinks they might be saving the best for last, than it might be premature speculation.
    For reference, here's what the similar "feature overview" of Legion looked like. While I think they met every expectation, note the lack of Argus, for example.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-24 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

What I saw from early gameplay videos I think they looked intriguing, but it can't be denied they're still too much like what we've seen already. The storyline and overall lore will be what carries them, so let's hope it'll be good.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I'm very eager for Kul'Tiras, not at all interested in the horde garbage though.
    You can only crank out so many different biomes in the first place. We've had about everything by now, especially if you actually remember the vanilla world.

I'm looking forward to the new zones. I think the fel themed zones are bland, and I'm happy we'll be getting back to the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    I love the way Kul Tiras looks. Will definitely be leveling an alliance character to enjoy it. I’m so tired of demons and all the space crap in Legion. If I wanted space stuff I wouldn’t be playing a high fantasy RPG. Can’t wait to see the back of it and hope it never returns.
    Does WoW even count as high fantasy? Given all the steam punk, crystal tech and scifi inflluences it always had, it's never beer a particularily good high fantasy RPG, if one at all. Though that is more if you use the moniker high fantasy in a colloquial sense, if you look up the actual definitions you can cram literally anything into it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I am not looking forward to more human based zones with human architecture.

Also, only having 3 zones to level in is awful. I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking.
    Sup with "more human based zones with human architecture"? We haven't gotten one of these since Vanilla lol. Dwarves had their zone in Cata (Twilight Highlands), Elves - Legion, Cata (Val'sharah, Azsuna, Suramar, Vash'jir, Hyjal), Draenei - WoD/Legion (Shadowmoon Valley, Talador, Argus), Worgen - Cata (Gilneas), Pandaren - MoP (all of Pandaria), Gnome - Cata (Gnomeregan).

Humans are in fact the only Alliance race that still hasn't gotten a single zone after the Vanilla.

OT: It feels similar to how Legion zones felt to me. They are so perfect in terms of graphics quality, but I feel like something is lacking. Nonetheless, I love how they look and can't wait! (And 1+ year into Legion I still ponder at the stunning beauty of the Broken Isles)
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2017-11-25 at 02:41 PM.

I like zandalar! zuldazar is a awesome city!! Vol'dun is a desert and we help the vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Sup with "more human based zones with human architecture"? We haven't gotten one of these since Vanilla lol. Dwarves had their zone in Cata (Twilight Highlands), Elves - Legion, Cata (Val'sharah, Azsuna, Suramar, Vash'jir, Hyjal), Draenei - WoD/Legion (Shadowmoon Valley, Talador, Argus), Worgen - Cata (Gilneas), Pandaren - MoP (all of Pandaria), Gnome - Cata (Gnomeregan).

Humans are in fact the only Alliance race that still hasn't gotten a single zone after the Vanilla.

OT: It feels similar to how Legion zones felt to me. They are so perfect in terms of graphics quality, but I feel like something is lacking. Nonetheless, I love how they look and can't wait! (And 1+ year into Legion I still ponder at the stunning beauty of the Broken Isles)
    What are you talking about? Human towns are everywhere, usually multiple each expansion. This is going to be the 5th expansion with a new human city as the central hub.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    I know the blizz art team usually outdo themselves when it comes to visual representation, and although the monsters we saw looked great, the zones overall seemed very stale and kind of "been there done that". The desert is nice, we havent had a desert in a long time, but other than that theres 2 forest/jungles on zandalar, and three forest/highlands on Kul'tiras (with one of them having a creepy vibe to it)... I dont know, it just seems a bit lacklustre, and the colour palette is just too drab, and not in a cool kind of way.

Maybe i just like big flashy zones, but for me personally Cata had some of the best looking zones ever. Vashj'ir, Deepholm, Ulduum (far too few deserts in wow tbh) even the Twilight Highlands were ominous and different. Personally nothing that weve seen so far in BFA compares to these, they are just reskinned jungles and forests.
    Uh, bland? No. BFA looks incredible
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What are you talking about? Human towns are everywhere, usually multiple each expansion. This is going to be the 5th expansion with a new human city as the central hub.
    I already replied to your post and gave you quite specific examples. Care to give some examples yourself?

WoD had 2-3 human-themed outposts in the various zones but none of the zones were specifically human themed.
    Legion had some Gilnean (worgen) but that's separate from Sw humans buildings in Val'sharah.
    MoP had a human themed outpost in 5.1 in Krasarang Wilds. Still not a human-oriented zone.
    Cata had a human outpost in Twilight Highlands which was mainly dwarf-themed however.
    Wrath had a few human outposts in Dragonblight, Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills, but those still weren't human-oriented zones.

I mean, the main figure in the Alliance is the human race (as they are the ones who united the other races and formed the alliance). So its normal that they will represent the Alliance the most, wherever they go, building human-themed outposts. But actual human-oriented zones? None since Elwynn Forest, Westfall and Redrige. In those zones you had the entire storyline revolve around humans (Defias Brotherhood, etc). And after Cata Redridge became more focused on orcs and dragons. And all other races get their thematic zones with entire storylines revolving around them. Draenei with the entire Draenor and Argus, so much Draenei lore. Night Elves with Val'sharah and so many other night-elven themed zones. And zones like Arathi Highlands, Hillsbrad Foothills and Tirisfal Glades, which should be so full of human lore (as that is where the human race become what it is today) yet there is absolutely none...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I already replied to your post and gave you quite specific examples. Care to give some examples yourself?

WoD had 2-3 human-themed outposts in the various zones but none of the zones were specifically human themed.
    Legion had some Gilnean (worgen) but that's separate from Sw humans buildings in Val'sharah.
    MoP had a human themed outpost in 5.1 in Krasarang Wilds. Still not a human-oriented zone.
    Cata had a human outpost in Twilight Highlands which was mainly dwarf-themed however.
    Wrath had a few human outposts in Dragonblight, Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills, but those still weren't human-oriented zones.
    Gilneans are still humans. 2 of the main Gilnean characters in Legion, Tess and Lorna, can't even turn into dogs.

Every single zone in WoD had a human quest hub. The main city of the expansion was a human one. And the garrisons were human.

The entire Alliance MoP story was about humans. And yes, the 5.1 story with the human base was all about humans.

Wrath was entirely about humans. Human based Alliance and human based Argent Crusade fighting the former prince of a human kingdom.

Human content is everywhere, but every time I try to have this discussion with people it ends up with, "That human content doesn't count because reasons."