Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The point is people don't want your carebear shit in the vanilla experience. Go play BfA if you want that. It's your two choices. You have classic 1.12 experience and classic+ BfA. Pick one.
    Problem is, what is the "Classic experience".

You called it the "Classic 1.12 experience", which I think is probably reasonable.

Other people are saying it's "not Classic unless it's 1.1!".

So like, the community is going to be mad, whatever they do.

They already spoke about Classic+ . Its called Battle for Azeroth. Im sorry but if you want Vanilla, then all its limitation should be part of that package.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    How hard is it to understand that many classic veterans actually agree with many of the QoL changes made in modern WoW? Why do you think they are still playing the game if they hate every aspect of it?
    It's not hard to understand, but it has problems.
    a) Slippery slope, the mount tab doesn't seem too problematic - but how long before people start asking for more of their mounts to be available or something? They're just cosmetic, right? It doesn't change the vanilla experience.

b) After crying for classic servers for years on end and FINALLY getting told they'll start working on one, the last thing you need is someone else coming over and saying "hey I want that too but make these changes" - you risk delaying or straight up losing your chance because Blizzard think people want more than just a vanilla clone and figure it's more work than they expected, or you get something that isn't what you wanted and then have to spend godknows how many more years asking for it in the form you wanted initially.

Asking for the most faithful and baseline replica seems like the safest path forward if you actually care about giving the people who've been working and asking for this for so long what they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Why not throw in a classic funserver too, instant 60, full t3, some GM commands, and events that hand out legendaries or modified OP items.

Now seriously, if you want a classic +, you do realize you can just lock your experience at level 60 and have everything you mentioned without a different server

Dumbest argument of the year, classic + QoL features = Retail WoW.

No.

Things I like about the Vanilla -> Wotlk WoW era:, Talents, the time to level, the slow increase in power, actual sense of danger in the world and professions being quite usefull.

Things I wouldnt mind altered - Balanced Specs (not equal, just enough that you can actually play all the advertised styles from char creation), aoe looting, optional graphics update and an extra bag slot for hunters that only holds quivers.

As you can see, it wouldnt be pure vanilla, but the gameplay mechanics and the ideology behind the game would be exactly the same.

Modern day WoW is a mess, certain things are so poorly optimized it hurts and classes feel so bareboned its not even funny. Not to mention that the talent system has sucked since Cataclysm.

So no, BfA does not contain the same experiance as a "classic+" would. Hell, give me a classic server with Wotlk and I'd have no complaints, but vanilla and TBC were inferior.

Wotlk with the heroic difficulty of TBC and the raid difficulty bumped up abit would be awesome. Or even Vanilla with wotlk talent trees and class balance.

My point is, I will play Vanilla regardless, but as far as older versions of WoW are concerned, I still deem Wotlk to be the best it ever was.

But this inane shitstorm of just saying No to any kind of discussion is just ... Why even have a classic forum? Any post that is anything but an echo chamber just instantly turns into 200 posts saying "No" in a different way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It's not hard to understand, but it has problems.
    a) Slippery slope, the mount tab doesn't seem too problematic - but how long before people start asking for more of their mounts to be available or something? They're just cosmetic, right? It doesn't change the vanilla experience.

b) After crying for classic servers for years on end and FINALLY getting told they'll start working on one, the last thing you need is someone else coming over and saying "hey I want that too but make these changes" - you risk delaying or straight up losing your chance because Blizzard think people want more than just a vanilla clone and figure it's more work than they expected, or you get something that isn't what you wanted and then have to spend godknows how many more years asking for it in the form you wanted initially.

Asking for the most faithful and baseline replica seems like the safest path forward if you actually care about giving the people who've been working and asking for this for so long what they want.
    Really? Slippery slope arguments in 2017?`the argument that NEVER has had any basis in reality. Never seen an actual Slippery slope situation. Not once.

Classic alpha mode. One guy gets to be the alpha class for a day and can dominate the entire server. You can pay real cash to increase your chance to become the alpha class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Why does this have to be a binary choice?
    Because Vanilla-Player (and it's called Classic for a reason) are a bunch of special snowflakes, who don't want anything beside their world view:

Wow, there would be 2 servers and a choice for players who doesn't want to wear the shitty pink helmet because of it's stats or want use other cities beside Ironforge to sell things in the auction house: BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

Whiny as people who want to remove LFR because they want to be the only snowflake in town.

All in all: i hope for a success and maybe a progressing WoW-Classic with some QOL-Changes like AoE-Loot in the future. Because a static-Vanilla server will get quite a lot of attention the first few months, but believe me, the whining for example AoE-Loot will flood the wow-forums. And when nothing changes, many people will jump off the bandwagon.

Vanilla is trash, but if there is ever a TBC or WotLK-Server, i want to play it, but i would also have nothing against QoL-Changes like AoE-Loot or transmog there too. Because if i want there too play, i don't think that looting every corpse is needed for an authentic gaming experience.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-11-20 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    The last pre TBC patch? Hell no. That was just a patch for people to mess around with until TBC came about.
    Raids would be significantly easier if we used the very last patch from the get-go.
    No. Not the pre-TBC patch. The patch before the pre-TBC patch, I do not recall which one it was. The last 1.x patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    This was one of the biggest arguments against ever creating a classic server
    And so far we're pretty much on spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post
    I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.
    You already have Classic+ servers. Its called World of Warcraft: Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because Vanilla-Player (and it's called Classic for a reason) are a bunch of special snowflakes, who don't want anything beside their world view:

Wow, there would be 2 servers and a choice for players who doesn't want to wear the shitty pink helmet because of it's stats or want use other cities beside Ironforge to sell things in the auction house: BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

Whiny as people who want to remove LFR because they want to be the only snowflake in town.

All in all: i hope for a success and maybe a progressing WoW-Classic with some QOL-Changes like AoE-Loot in the future. Because a static-Vanilla server will get quite a lot of attention the first few months, but believe me, the whining for example AoE-Loot will flood the wow-forums. And when nothing changes, many people will jump off the bandwagon.

Vanilla is trash, but if there is ever a TBC or WotLK-Server, i want to play it, but i would also have nothing against QoL-Changes like AoE-Loot or transmog there too. Because if i want there too play, i don't think that looting every corpse is needed for an authentic gaming experience.
    Because generalizing and attacking people who don't share your opinion makes you so much better, yes?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Or people could just accept that if you want QoL changes to go with your Classic WoW, you don't actually want Classic WoW, and therefore this product isn't for you. Stick to Battle for Azeroth. End of story.
    Oh, so when you ask Blizzard HAS to deliver, but when we ask: "Nope, you can't play for the adventure, but without the masochism".

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There is a right answer: Make them as they were before BC. Exactly so. And watch people leave in droves because they failed to remember how shitty it was.
    But that would create no profit benefit nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because generalizing and attacking people who don't share your opinion makes you so much better, yes?
    Or maybe because people who are against something that wouldn't affect them at all just for the sake of being against it are simply ignorant special snowflakes.

Being against something just being against of something, that shows what a flock of people there are. Heck, there are people who are against colorblind support because it was not included in vanilla. And i don't mean the trolls in the colorblind-thread here in the forums, even through there are a few that are against it and are not trolling.

So vanilla and perfect utopia vanilla because as long as they update the game in some way nobody is ever going to complain about it ever again.

To be honest, 95% of people 'hyped' for Vanilla, never even played Vanilla. Most people are seeing this through rose-tinted glasses, most don't remember how much of a shit game it actually was. But y'know, the nostalgia babies want their bottle, so whatever ~ I honestly give the servers a few months, max, before they start becoming ghost towns again and people realise nostalgia is best left at that.

But in regards to two different servers, just a flat no, why try and dilute the already tiny playerbase even more so, not to mention the vast amount of extra resources Blizz would have to throw at it. Keep in mind this is Blizz's 'side project', primary WoW will always take precident over it.

Relating to balancing and such, would only really make sense for them to use the final pre-bc balance patch, as many have stated the game was hideously unbalanced, even at the end of vanilla, just to a lesser extent to the start. It's certainly possible they could put in some basic QoL additions, but doubtfull also, people will just cry. Then again people will cry if they don't.

All in all, this is already a ship with holes in it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is forcing you to play. All vanilla or don't.

I am confident Blizzard will make good choices when it comes to the time frame of these servers. They could simply go full retard and release everything at the state it was just before TBC, but they know it will render so much early endgame content useless drastically chopping the lifespan of the server down. I know they're sounding blasé about the relevance of it's success, but they aren't completely ignorant to it's potential for financial success. I would expect them to gate content to make it last, I'd expect similar to seasons (how I originally thought it would work) they'd stagger the release of servers just so it can be new over and over again, this is basically the last 10 years of private servers.

It seems that the Pro-Legacy group are divided into 2 groups at the moment, Group 1 who realize that Blizzard can't just Copy and Paste V1.0 and sit back as the money rains upon them, that there will be certain QoL changes such as Linked FPs AOE Looting, things that do absolutely nothing to detract from the the classical experience in terms of the overall challenge and social interactions that make many remember Vanilla so fondly.

Then you have the other group who feel either the necessity or entitlement to have WoW as basic as possible so they can parade it as a sort of badge of honour. They either have bad memory or a poor sense of understanding of things outside of what they consider Classic to be. Wanting it "Purist" doesnt necessarily make you a part of this group, it's usually the types who go out of their way to slate Live players as being "entitled kids", you know, the ones who think content should only be available to people who literally do nothing but play games for an unhealthy amount of time every day.

Blizzard will ignore Group 2 and create a nice, fitting version of Vanilla for people to enjoy, both old and new players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No. People what want QoL changes to classic are retail babys. They are not real classic veterans. They just carry on wave of hype of the classic game what true veterans created and instead of playing their amazing retail. They just hate seeing classic players to get their game so they trying to destroy it for us.
    I'm a real classic veteran. And I'm not against QoL changes. Especially zone auto loot and Xmog/hide gear options. Blows your mind huh ?

I understand zone auto loot can be seen as a (minor) gameplay change from vanilla in very rare occasion, like skinning farmers being ninjaed. but WTF is wrong if I'm the only one who see the new models/Xmoged gear on my toon? Your toon and the UI are the only things you see at all time while playing. I can change the UI to my taste so let me hide those fugly Pink Boots ffs...... why do one even care?
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-11-26 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    No please, Vanilla is Vanilla. We don't need AoE looting, connected flight patterns or colorblind support. People want Vanilla, then give them Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    We don't need colorblind support.
    Maybe you dont need it, you dont even need to know if it's in the game if you are not colorblind. Dont say "We" when it really is just you..... People who dont want colorblind support in classic because it wasn't in vanilla are just complete idiots.