Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd certainly like to see what they could make of the Bard concept, though i don't expect to see it.

Tinker or necromancer. Wouldn't be interested in the others at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I really see Draenei, Orcs, and the two new Elf races becoming DHs just so we get a Warden class that includes a jailor (Think CC heavy tank) spec, a Fel Warden spec (Think Blood DK + demonology warlock) and a mage hunter spec (Mobile DPS hybrid spec, kinda somewhere between Rogues, MM Hunters, and DHs).

On top of that, I see the Tinkers having Gnomes, Goblins, Draenei, Orcs, and possibly Dwarves and Belves, with a minimum of three specs: a goblin/gnome themed spec (DPS), a orc/dwarf themed spec (Tank), and a Draenei/Belf themed spec (Healer).
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2017-11-25 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Tinker, Warden, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Chronomancer, Sea Witch, or Bard?
    Personally I'd rather see a 4th distinct spec given to the existing classes. Gladiator, Blood mage, etc.

But if you put a [Wolfslayer's Sniper Rifle] to my head and said 'CHOOSE OR DIE' I'd go with Tinker simply because I love the idea of just going nuts with engineering inventions.

A warden class also seems like it could be fun (especially if it had any of Cordana's abilities).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Bard, Chronomancer and Tinker top the list, picking from there is hard. Bard could really play like it’s out of left field, and if they leaned into the zaniness and whacky ideas of a Tinker i’d Be happy.

So... Chronomancer, more of the same, feels par the course.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    I think Warden is the class I'd be hyped for the most, but it will never ever ever happen. It's an order of ONLY female ONLY Night Elves. Faction locking a class this late into the game is just not going to happen. GENDER locking a class? This isn't Tera, dude. It's not gonna fly. There's nothing that could even come CLOSE for Horde, especially with the genderlocking shit.
    NE Druids were only male until WoW, with females being warriors, priestess, hunters or a mix of them (like Tyrande)

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    NE Druids were only male until WoW, with females being warriors, priestess, hunters or a mix of them (like Tyrande)
    If you follow along the comment chain (it's literally two comments deep), you'll see why it's not the same thing, and why the other guy up and stopped responding.

- - - Updated - - -

I really see Draenei, Orcs, and the two new Elf races becoming DHs just so we get a Warden class that includes a jailor (Think CC heavy tank) spec, a Fel Warden spec (Think Blood DK + demonology warlock) and a mage hunter spec (Mobile DPS hybrid spec, kinda somewhere between Rogues, MM Hunters, and DHs).

On top of that, I see the Tinkers having Gnomes, Goblins, Draenei, Orcs, and possibly Dwarves and Belves, with a minimum of three specs: a goblin/gnome themed spec (DPS), a orc/dwarf themed spec (Tank), and a Draenei/Belf themed spec (Healer).
    K, and who gets Wardens?

Night Elves and...

They're all male and all Night Elf. Nightborne don't have Wardens. High Elves and Blood Elves were never apart of Wardens.

Elaborate on your fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    If you follow along the comment chain (it's literally two comments deep), you'll see why it's not the same thing, and why the other guy up and stopped responding.

- - - Updated - - -

K, and who gets Wardens?

Night Elves and...

They're all female and all Night Elf. Nightborne don't have Wardens. High Elves and Blood Elves were never apart of Wardens.

Elaborate on your fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    I want you to be right, but I know you're wrong. If they were going to gender unlock Wardens, we'd have seen an indication of it during this expansion. Blizzard used Female NE Druid in WoW's first cinematic, for example, to show times have changed. Wardens have been consistent from the moment they were born as an order and have stayed consistent even as we speak. All Night Elves, all female.

If there was some one-off character who was male and a Blood Elf or something, I'd say there's a chance, but it's not high. The fact that it's such a tiny, tiny part of Night Elf culture with extremely little use outside of it speaks volumes about its opportunity to expand to other races. They're Night Elf jailors for Night Elf (and as of Legion, Demon) criminals. They have no other use. They have "niche" uses in combat because of their specialties, but they're not even a real military branch of the Night Elves. And let's pretend they did expand it to Blood Elves -- nice, that's TWO classes locked to Night Elves/Blood Elves.

It's not gonna happen dude. Even if there was an equivalent for Horde, which there isn't, they'd have to faction lock two classes and release them side by side.

Repeat after me: It will not happen.
    Wardens aren't a tiny section though? They are part of the whole Sentinel movement that they could easily umbrella with. Basically the Sentinels were the military and the Wardens were the police force of Kalimdor hence why Maiev and co hunted down Illidan. That's not exactly small with the whole of them together and more than likely could be easily tinkered to do that... Like pretty much every new class that entered the game.
    At the moment, they are like how Goblins and Worgens were before their Cataclysm debut, small amounts you could observe when in-game but easily expandable when given the opportunity to explain them and supported by additional or fixed lore.
    And speaking of Worgens, there's actually Worgen sentinels too thanks to their collision from Gilneas falling. It's already been expanded.

You also forgot there are actually people titled with Warden. It may be a longshot but the fact a title like that is spread across the factions and several noteable individuals shouldn't be taken lightly. You have Farseers of Orc, Draenei, Tauren and Dwarven descendant for example. Archdruids of Night Elf, Tauren and a Treant descendants. Archmages of Human and Night Elf descendant. That list could go on. They've been recognised and titled for a reason. By ignoring the Warden title, you might as well ignore all the other class titles (before the Legion campaign when it meant more than a PC gimmick and diminished it's original intent).

To be honest, with enough lore wang waging, it can become wider if they so wish. You already have Allied Races that could potentially open that gap with Nightborne and Void Elves. With the possibility to add endless more to Allied Races that can all be different classes, sorry but you really have overlooked it all.
    Alliance have Night Elves and Void Elves. Horde can easily get Nightborne and Blood Elves. They could even do a start zone similar to Demon Hunters and Death Knights, it's tailored specfically... And in this example, as a Nightborne, you are taught by Night Elves being close to Suramar then leave or something happens and you side with Blood Elves and pass on that knowledge. Simple really. Not much difference to Demon Hunters having both Night and Blood Elven counterparts. Or Death Knights for that matter, you are in a blanket situation.
    You'll probably cry wolf but it's what Pandarens do exactly... They start on their turtle then GTFO to the mainlands, faction dependant to explore the world. Easy.

If they want it to fit, they will 100% make it fit. I haven't seen many cry over the fact that Demon Hunters are restricted to only TWO races despite the increasing of class and race ratios over the years and additional races. On top of that, for YEARS they said that World of Warcraft would not have Monks OR Demon Hunters and here we are, after Diablo 3 came and went... We got Monks then Demon Hunters. They even poked fun at themselves with releasing the Pandaren Monk pet on April Fool's Day. I think something stupid like 6 years before Mists of Pandaria.

Repeat after me: shit will happen, when Blizzard want it to. It's their game. We suck up their design choices.

BfA they obviously will skip a class since it's giving us basically new races because the pattern has mainly been alternating with class and races... And Legion have us a new class, so a new race or Allied Races is the answer. But yeah, after BfA we might see either new specs like Allied Races to offset massive balancing or gingerly a new class.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-25 at 08:11 PM.

I mean again, obviously not going to happen but plz bb jesus bard.

7+ Year Old Account
    didnt they say no new classes in BfA?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    didnt they say no new classes in BfA?
    They did, it’s just a hypothetical, have fun and pick a class mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    lol bard...

tinker will happen. deal with it.
    People have said that since WoD and it hasn't happened yet, I wonder if it's because it already exists in the form of engineering :thinking:

On topic: Bard all the way baby

With skald, minstrel, and trickster as specs being either melee, healer or ranged dps

Necros

Warden

Dark Ranger

Bard

the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Lumberjack.
    Is that an Unforgotten Realms reference my dude?

Goblin inspired tinker /engineer class for sure. Must have some ranged dps specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think a Battle Mage could be interesting but not really needed since it's just another melee class...despite the hate I think Tinker could be interesting if done right and doesn't steal from Engineer to much.

Tinker always gets thrown out there, and it seem like there is only one fan-version of the class. I wonder what other people, that are fans of the class think/invision it to be like, or is that the only take on the class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Bard would be a pleasant surprise.

Tinker would be a horrifying nightmare surprise.

All the others I kind of expect at this point.