Poll: Species 8472 vs The Borg who would you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Correct but they do show the capacity to negotiate to come up with solutions and problem solve, 8472 didn't again everyone everything might have a weakness. I mean the Klingons freaking planet exploded, yes they bounced back.

Doesn't make them any more or less of a threat, especially not everyone, again I am going as strictly by the rules as they are being laid out even without STO as being Canon, the Borg Still survived.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you seem to be forgetting something without the borg Voyager and the Feds would have fared much worse considering 8472 was going to purge everyone, so let's not be so quick to suggest one didn't need the other.

Sure they could have sat by let the Borg be beat back and maybe destroyed, which didn't happen, the question was without the Borg Technology The Feds wouldn't have been in a good position either.
    Then in reality, this isn't The Borg vs. 8472, it's The Milky Way Galaxy vs. 8472, because The Borg simply would not have survived without Voyager's help. The Borg by themselves would have been exterminated by them.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Then in reality, this isn't The Borg vs. 8472, it's The Milky Way Galaxy vs. 8472, because The Borg simply would not have survived without Voyager's help. The Borg by themselves would have been exterminated by them.
    Not if they assimilated humanity. It went the way it did and The Borg prevailed. By the way I enjoy your swearing
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a ST nerd, and had to look up what Species 8472 even was. After a quick read, they win by a landslide. The only thing that saved The Borg was Plot Armor Janeway. If it was purely left to just Species 8472 and The Borg without outside Plot Armor, The Borg would most assuredly be extinct by now. It wouldn't matter if The Borg assimilated the entirety of Humanity, it would just be a matter of time when you have no offense OR defense against your enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Very true, it was this line of reasoning Janeway used to justify helping the Borg, that 8472 "probably" would be a threat too great to handle, however I'm inclined to think the Federation would rise to the occasion and beat them too. They'd take casualties though, so good on Janeway for sparing federation lives.

Hah, never bring up 40K, it's unfair to everyone else
    Well True The Federation are resilient also the coming together was a factor. The enemy of me enemy thing.

Deleted
    Not if they assimilated humanity. It went the way it did and The Borg prevailed. By the way I enjoy your swearing
    The Doctor was ordered to delete himself if Voyager was assimilated and he was the only one that could replicate the nanoprobes needed, you cannot credit the Borg with anything more than firing a few torpedoes that Voyager supplied them. Crediting the Borg as the victors is like crediting Italy with winning WW2 just because they switched sides when losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm not a ST nerd, and had to look up what Species 8472 even was. After a quick read, they win by a landslide. The only thing that saved The Borg was Plot Armor Janeway. If it was purely left to just Species 8472 and The Borg without outside Plot Armor, The Borg would most assuredly be extinct by now. It wouldn't matter if The Borg assimilated the entirety of Humanity, it would just be a matter of time when you have no offense OR defense against your enemy.
    You do know the The Borg make it to the 29th century according to Voy right?

Deleted
    What episode is that mentioned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    The Doctor was ordered to delete himself if Voyager was assimilated and he was the only one that could replicate the nanoprobes needed, you cannot credit the Borg with anything more than firing a few torpedoes that Voyager supplied them. Crediting the Borg as the victors is like crediting Italy with winning WW2 just because they switched sides when losing.
    It were the borgs weapons he modified. The Borg were made to win what do you think the feds would do up against 8472?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'm not a ST fan by any measure, but going by the wiki, your topic is a non-question.

Species 8472 was winning comfortably and close to eliminating the Borg entirely. They weren't because of the intervention of another species.

10+ Year Old Account
    What episode is that mentioned?
    It was that Episode with one in it. And the last voyager that is where Janeway got the special armor plating to deal with 24th century Borg.

Deleted
    It were the borgs weapons he modified. The Borg were made to win what do you think the feds would do up against 8472?
    8472 set up a top secret base in order to learn about and infiltrate Starfleet, they would more scared of the Federation than they were of the borg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, I'm not a ST fan by any measure, but going by the wiki, your topic is a non-question.

Species 8472 was winning comfortably and close to eliminating the Borg entirely. They weren't because of the intervention of another species.
    Which species came to whom for protection? I rest my case.

Deleted
    It was that Episode with one in it. And the last voyager that is where Janeway got the special armor plating to deal with 24th century Borg.
    One was not from the future, he was fused with the Docs mobile emitter which was 29th century tech, not once were future Borg mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    8472 set up a top secret base in order to learn about and infiltrate Starfleet, they would more scared of the Federation than they were of the borg.
    They represented a different kind of threat.

That's entirely irrelevant though. Of course the Borg are still alive, Voyager rescued them. Voyager isn't rescuing them in this hypothetical you've designed.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    It's not even certain that STO is a part of the live action canon. Especially since they've added elements from the Kelvin Timeline, throwing shit for a loop.

"The Star Trek canon is generally defined as all live-action television series and feature films released by Paramount Pictures. With the release of Star Trek: The Animated Series on DVD, the studio appears to have changed its stance, and is now listing the cartoon series (aired 1973–1974), as a part of established canon.

A large body of licensed Star Trek works exists that, while approved for publication by Paramount, are not considered part of Star Trek canon. This includes novels, comics, games, and older reference books such as the Star Fleet Technical Manual."4

Don't confuse my vulgarity as a reflection of my mood. I'm a sailor, I cuss like one. I'm happy as a pig in fucking shit right now. So the ad hominem is rolling right off my back with a hearty fucking chuckle.

And on topic: Germany hasn't glassed entire planets, nor do they have the technology to do so. Come back to me when they do. The Borg got saved by an element entirely separate from the Collective: Janeway and Voyager. I assumed this was a straight up 1 to 1 match up between The Borg and 8472, not The Borg and the lone Federation ship actually responsible for any headway made against 8472, which subsequently bailed their Collective asses out vs 8472.
    Germany wasnt facing the collective might of thousands of systems either. Your analogies are as shitty as your logic. You are basing your entire decision based on the fact you believe it is impossible for the Borg to have come up with anything on their own.

It was one of those writer things where they say "you think the borg is scary, well get a load of this." The universe is not a safe place.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Which species came to whom for protection? I rest my case.
    How does that change anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    One was not from the future, he was fused with the Docs mobile emitter which was 29th century tech, not once were future Borg mentioned.
    Yes but The device upgrades him the last episode Janeway brought with her Anti Borg technology it’s a certainty they survive.

Deleted
    Yes but The device upgrades him the last episode Janeway brought with her Anti Borg technology it’s a certainty they survive.
    You think Admiral Janeway is from the 29th century? Have you seriously watched that episode?