Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We'll be back to Cata numbers at 120 and then MoP numbers at the end of the expansion.

Stat squishes are so pointless and stupid. This game need some real, meaningful resets but the devs are too pussy.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You seriously don't know what decimals are? Right now, someone might be doing 2 million dps. After they squish they might be doing 200 dps. It doesn't matter though because if the guy was doing about .1% of the bosses health per second before the squish, it'll be about the same. Your comment about "well what if he was doing 3499 damage?!?!? now it's 3 instead of 3.5?!?"

You clearly don't understand percentages annnnd decimals.
    its not the same, 3000 to 3499 without squish results in 499 increase in damage, with squish, damage behind the decimal is lost, and 3499 squished by 1000 results in 3 since 3.499 doesn't exist in this game.

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic, since I honestly didn't believe anyone would be so full of themselves that they would think someone doesn't know what decimals are. fyi, i have masters degree in pure math. so cut your crap

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I call bullshit you would understand why this isn't a problem considering I actually do have a master's in math.
    who is bullshitting here, when every step of the way i replied with reasoning you replied with question and 'you should know'

3499 to a boss with 4000 hp is not the same percentage with 3 damage to a boss with 4.

this has already happened also in the cases with low level gears, a small ilvl increase doesn't result in any stats gain. and with much more aggressive squish next expansion, its only made worse.

I don't believe for a second you have a degree in math.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    its not the same, 3000 to 3499 without squish results in 499 increase in damage, with squish, damage behind the decimal is lost, and 3499 squished by 1000 results in 3 since 3.499 doesn't exist in this game.

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic, since I honestly didn't believe anyone would be so full of themselves that they would think someone doesn't know what decimals are. fyi, i have masters degree in pure math. so cut your crap
    Do you honestly believe that in this day and age, a game cant work with decimals?
    Also, your masters degree doesnt help you if you dont know how the game handles Decimals.
    There are 4 ways the game could deal with Decimals:
    1: It just has them, and shows you a nice rounded Value.
    2: It rounds them up, always.
    3: It rounds them down, always.
    4: It rounds them Mathematicly.

this has already happened also in the cases with low level gears, a small ilvl increase doesn't result in any stats gain. and with much more aggressive squish next expansion, its only made worse.
    Which is actually nice, because you dont lag so much behind on certain gear slots.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just because the game doesn't show decimals doesn't mean decimals don't exist. They absolutely exist. You're also picking an insane scenario considering a boss won't have 4 fucking health.

I don't really care what you believe. I can tell your critical thinking skills are too severely lacking for you to even get close to a math degree.
    increase 4 to 400, 3/400 is still different percentage than 3499/400000

except they don't in this game, when you lvl up in low levels, the quest rewards ilvl would increase, and the stats would not. those gain are lost.

you are too dumb to judge my critical thinking skills. we are done talking here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Which is actually nice, because you dont lag so much behind on certain gear slots.
    nice or not is not for you to judge, the stat loss is fact. come next expansion you would have the case of leveling for 10 levels and gained 0 stats
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-11-25 at 11:59 PM.

All those big numbers lovers and stats squish haters must have some kind of small penis syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaprika View Post
    All those big numbers lovers and stats squish haters must have some kind of small penis syndrome.
    Right, because we like to see our numbers increasing as we build power instead of waking up one one day after patch and suddenly hit for 1/10th of what we used to and have 1/10th the health (or less, just numbers out there) it means we must have something wrong with us /s

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Right, because we like to see our numbers increasing as we build power instead of waking up one one day after patch and suddenly hit for 1/10th of what we used to and have 1/10th the health (or less, just numbers out there) it means we must have something wrong with us /s
    Yes it does. It's about clarity, which seems you are lacking to get.

Yes it does. It's about clarity, which you seem lacking to get.
    Numbers are just as clear now, there's zero need to have wasted dev time on this. If you don't like seeing 1,000,000 then there's ways to change it to 1M, simple.

Numbers are just as clear now, there's zero need to have wasted dev time on this. If you don't like seeing 1,000,000 then there's ways to change it to 1M, simple.
    Or better, to 1000. If you want to play with these gazillion numbers, go play diablo III or some weaboo rpg. Small numbers are easily understandable and fixable in the long term.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does. It's about clarity, which seems you are lacking to get.
    I'm truly sorry it's not clear to you unless you can count it with two hands

Or better, to 1000. If you want to play with these gazillion numbers, go play diablo III or some weaboo rpg. Small numbers are easily understandable and fixable in the long term.
    Why don't we just go to every so exciting Percentages!

"Your spell hit Boss for .1%!"

"Your spell hit Boss for .2% (Critical)!"

So exciting! Everyone likes it a way for their own reasons, I just argue there was Zero technical reason to do it this time and therefore wasted dev time on aesthetics.

I'm truly sorry it's not clear to you unless you can count it with two hands
    I see now, it's either small penis syndrome or lack of comprehension of human language. Or both!

So exciting! Everyone likes it a way for their own reasons, I just argue there was Zero technical reason to do it this time and therefore wasted dev time on aesthetics.
    And the argument is number clarity, a thing that someone with some basics of game design could understand at first glance.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-26 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

I see now, it's either small penis syndrome or lack of comprehension of human language. Or both!

And the argument is number clarity, a thing that someone with some basics of game design could understand at first glance.
    There's nothing unclear about the numbers though, that's the thing, you keep swinging clarity around but if you can't read a number in the millions or billions....

Nothing is clearer than straight percentages, but where's the fun in that?

It's a game, the number one thing about it is fun, not 100% "clarity"

also looking for to another month+ of fucked up leveling like the last time, these things break so much

They really "squished" item level numbers?

There's nothing unclear about the numbers though, that's the thing, you keep swinging clarity around but if you can't read a number in the millions or billions....

Nothing is clearer than straight percentages, but where's the fun in that?

It's a game, the number one thing about it is fun, not 100% "clarity"

also looking for to another month+ of fucked up leveling like the last time, these things break so much
    We are talking about RAW NUMBERS, not percentages or K/M/B shortenings. Clarity is about having an understandable game view, which extends to everything in your screen while you are playing. They fucked up with stats inflation before, and now are just fixing the crap they made.

You probably don't understand human language neither. I never said I can't read big numbers. I said they don't work in a RPG with a lot of variables and player customization.
    Last edited by Lunaprika; 2017-11-26 at 12:52 AM.

We are talking about RAW NUMBERS, not percentages or K/M/B shortenings. Clarity is about having an understandable game view, which extends to everything in your screen while you are playing. They fucked up with stats inflation before, and now are just fixing the crap they made.
    They didn't "fuck up" stat inflation lol, this is exactly how they want it. Even with the squish the difference in 110 gear was over 100 ilvl. The greens they showed were like 185, Antorus gear is in the 300s, we're already going to be back in the 500s if not higher by the end of the expansion. Wouldn't be surprised if an Antorus geared toon has 30k hp and 500k by the end.

There is actually a technical reason for this. Our computers as players still need to register these insanely high numbers, which with WoW putting so much strain on processors before the numbers need to be figured, registering these numbers put additional insane strain on them. If they didn't squish for another 2 xpacs, EVERYONE would need new computers running the absolute newest processors just to be able to play the game, and anyone who couldn't afford a new computer would be playing at the lowest possible settings with maybe 5 fps in a raid setting due to so many insanely large numbers trying to be processed.

So, we can either have the stat squish, deal with having smaller numbers, but still chunk the same amount out of our target and they chunk the same amount from us, or we can go bankrupt trying to keep our computers up to date to play. I'd rather have option 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevilon View Post
    There is actually a technical reason for this. Our computers as players still need to register these insanely high numbers, which with WoW putting so much strain on processors before the numbers need to be figured, registering these numbers put additional insane strain on them. If they didn't squish for another 2 xpacs, EVERYONE would need new computers running the absolute newest processors just to be able to play the game, and anyone who couldn't afford a new computer would be playing at the lowest possible settings with maybe 5 fps in a raid setting due to so many insanely large numbers trying to be processed.

So, we can either have the stat squish, deal with having smaller numbers, but still chunk the same amount out of our target and they chunk the same amount from us, or we can go bankrupt trying to keep our computers up to date to play. I'd rather have option 1.
    Rather deal with it every 4 expansions than every 2 with how much it fucks up low level shit, and I highly doubt it'd be ANYWHERE near as bad as you make it seem, most number processing is server side.