Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... "Different types of explosions"...? What the hell are you even talking about, here? At no point it was even mentioned "different types of explosions" regarding those abilities!
    Okay, but again, they're all different abilities aren't they? So what exactly is your point here? Why can't the Tinker class have its own set of explosive abilities?

So it would play like a survival hunter. A melee unit who can throw explosives of all kinds at range.
    Nope. A survival Hunter has more melee abilities than ranged abilities and it has a pet. A Tinker would be the exact opposite with no pet to speak of.

It should also be noted that the Survival Hunter's (2) explosive abilities are talents, neither of which are recommended by most players.

You do know that a mine is just a type of bomb, right? The only difference is placement.

Mines can also be remotely triggered. Bombs do not have to be visible. If you strap a load of dynamite against the back of a pillar where no one can see it does not suddenly make it a mine. And they definitely do not necessarily need to explode after a time. They can also be remotely detonated or detonate on proximity.

With that, I'm done. Feel free to have the last word if you wish, but I'm done with your bullshit dishonesty.

Seriously... "a mine is not a bomb"...
    You do know we're talking about WoW and not real life right? Your original argument was that X-Plodium Charge was a mine or trap. When I proved that wrong you went on this silly rant about mines and bombs being the same thing.

Let me reiterate: Tinkers do not use mines or traps. They use bombs and missiles. Mines and Traps are Hunter territory, and Tinker bombs or missiles wouldn't effect Hunter traps in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-11-26 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Lets see...

Necromancer, Dark Ranger (Hero Class Obv), Dragonsworn or possibly Timewalker, Blademaster, Rune Master, Bard, Vindicator, Warden, Shadow Hunter

Should I go on?
    Vindicator is just Draenei for Paladin. Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter can probably just be one class, lots of overlap. Rune-Master may have been over taken by the Monk....but man find a way to gimme gimme. Blade master and Wardens don’t seem to be rich enough for a full class, but I’d like to see a full fan concept for them. I don’t know about dragonsworn, but the rest seem easily viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see...

Necromancer, Dark Ranger (Hero Class Obv), Dragonsworn or possibly Timewalker, Blademaster, Rune Master, Bard, Vindicator, Warden, Shadow Hunter
    Necromancer: Death Knights and Warlocks cover this theme completely. Good luck making this class feel different than Warlocks.
    Dark Ranger: Good luck making this class feel different from the Hunter class. Also, you're going to have to remove Black Arrow from MM Hunter.
    Timewalker/Dragonsworn: The only viable class concept on this list.
    Blademaster: Warriors cover this.
    Rune Master: The concept of Runes went to DKs, and in lore Runemasters are a Monk class. We already have a Monk class in WoW.
    Bard: Never going to happen as a class. Far more likely to pop up in the future as a profession.
    Vindicator: Draenei Paladins.
    Wardens: Rogues.
    Shadow Hunters: Troll Shaman

Should I go on?
    Nah.

Equating Shadow Hunters to Shamans makes no sense. “But, But, two spells....” Ladies and gentleman the entirety of a class.

I think the most common imagery for a Shadow Hunter is a ranged weapon, most likely a bow, and dark shadowy magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Necromancer: Death Knights and Warlocks cover this theme completely. Good luck making this class feel different than Warlocks.
    Dark Ranger: Good luck making this class feel different from the Hunter class. Also, you're going to have to remove Black Arrow from MM Hunter.
    Timewalker/Dragonsworn: The only viable class concept on this list.
    Blademaster: Warriors cover this.
    Rune Master: The concept of Runes went to DKs, and in lore Runemasters are a Monk class. We already have a Monk class in WoW.
    Bard: Never going to happen as a class. Far more likely to pop up in the future as a profession.
    Vindicator: Draenei Paladins.
    Wardens: Rogues.
    Shadow Hunters: Troll Shaman

Nah.
    No disrespect to you or an other that thinks like you. But you and those that think like you have little imagination and would never actually make a successful videogame. There are lots of ways to make those classes work and feel different than the current ones. It just takes people with imagination and creativity.

Again, not to be insulting but it is just the truth. You don't just look at a concept and go " we got that covered" you look at it and go "how can we make this work and feel different from the rest" That is what makes a great game designer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Equating Shadow Hunters to Shamans makes no sense. “But, But, two spells....” Ladies and gentleman the entirety of a class.

I think the most common imagery for a Shadow Hunter is a ranged weapon, most likely a bow, and dark shadowy magic.
    Yeah, but the concept of the entire hero is Voodoo. The concept of Voodoo is part of the Shaman class, which is why the Shadow Hunter's abilities (Hex, Healing Wave, and Serpent Ward) landed there. The Shadow Hunter (along with the Witch Doctor) is also the basis for Troll Shaman.

It's inevitable that Big Bad Voodoo will land in the Shaman class at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinker: Never going to happen as a class. Already in the game as a profession.
    FTFY. No need to thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    No disrespect to you or an other that thinks like you. But you and those that think like you have little imagination and would never actually make a successful videogame. There are lots of ways to make those classes work and feel different than the current ones. It just takes people with imagination and creativity.

Again, not to be insulting but it is just the truth. You don't just look at a concept and go " we got that covered" you look at it and go "how can we make this work and feel different from the rest" That is what makes a great game designer.
    You sir/ma’am deserve a prize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post

Not in this case. In the case of the WC3 Hero concepts being brought over as WoW classes, Blizzard tends to utilize every aspect of the original hero's ability set. In other words, every WC3 ability seen in the Brewmaster, the Demon Hunter, and the Death Knight were utilized in some form or another when it transitioned to WoW. This indicates that the original WC3 abilities are the foundations of the concept. If the foundations of the concept are scattered into multiple classes, then its highly unlikely (not impossible) to see that class appear in the game as a standalone class.

Take Dark Rangers for example; Their core WC3 abilities are as follows: Black Arrow (Hunter), Drain Life (Warlock), Silence (Priest), and Charm (unused). So in order to bring a DR into the game, you need to first strip its WC3 abilities from the existing classes that posses it (which would have pretty dramatic effects on the Warlock class), and then find a way to make this class play differently than the existing Hunter class. This is especially a problem since MM Hunters can already perform the DR trademark ability: Killing with an enchanted arrow and raising a skeleton in its place, so why bring this class into the game?

As for offense, none taken.

You guys can poop on what Teriz says but hes honestly one of the few who makes sense in most of his post here. Just reading these back and forths and he explains why X random class isn't unique and is too similar to what we have already. Then half of you come back and go

"Nuh uh u jut gotta use ur imagination"

No you dont need imagination you just need to use common sense here people.

Tinker, Dragonsworn/Timerwalker are the only sensible additions as classes left. They have a unique theme and dont invade any other existing CLASSES (not professions) personal space. As they are currently, as to date, the most logical candidates, unless blizzard creates brand new lore on the spot for some left field class that no one sees coming.

Every other class from WC3 and before are already split up into our existing class, and more than likely restricted to a single race like Shadow Hunters to trolls, Mountain Kings to Dwarfs or Firelords just being Ragnaros/Fire elemental

(Yeah, several people actually suggested FIRELORD as a potential class in WoW. Jesus christ. I cant wait for the specs for that class consisting of Fire, Fire, and Fire, available to the sole race of Fire elemental)

And to the last retarded suggestion of "blizzard should just add 4th specs (5th for druids) to every class". It will never happen. Blizzard already said during legion development that they wished back in time they didnt add 3rd specs for certain classes (aka Rogue/Hunter). Not to mention the time it takes to develop 12 new specs to be unique, interesting rotationally, doesnt infringe on existing classes, makes sense and is functionally balanced and then maintain the balance on TWELVE MORE SPECS? Thats basically 4 classes with 3 new specs for a single expansion, or 6 classes if they only can make 2 specs like the demon hunter. Are you people actually insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    You guys can poop on what Teriz says but hes honestly one of the few who makes sense in most of his post here. Just reading these back and forths and he explains why X random class isn't unique and is too similar to what we have already. Then half of you come back and go

No you dont need imagination you just need to use common sense here people.

Tinker, Dragonsworn/Timerwalker are the only sensible additions as classes left. They have a unique theme and dont invade any other existing CLASSES (not professions) personal space. As they are currently, as to date, the most logical candidates, unless blizzard creates brand new lore on the spot for some left field class that no one sees coming.

Every other class from WC3 and before are already split up into our existing class, and more than likely restricted to a single race like Shadow Hunters to trolls, Mountain Kings to Dwarfs or Firelords just being Ragnaros/Fire elemental

(Yeah, several people actually suggested FIRELORD as a potential class in WoW. Jesus christ. I cant wait for the specs for that class consisting of Fire, Fire, and Fire, available to the sole race of Fire elemental)

And to the last retarded suggestion of "blizzard should just add 4th specs (5th for druids) to every class". It will never happen. Blizzard already said during legion development that they wished back in time they didnt add 3rd specs for certain classes (aka Rogue/Hunter). Not to mention the time it takes to develop 12 new specs to be unique, interesting rotationally, doesnt infringe on existing classes, makes sense and is functionally balanced and then maintain the balance on TWELVE MORE SPECS? Thats basically 4 classes with 3 new specs for a single expansion, or 6 classes if they only can make 2 specs like the demon hunter. Are you people actually insane?
    I'm forced to agree here. Teriz may be obsessive and annoying, but he's right that few things suck more than having classes too similar to each other, or getting abilities taken from your favorite spec.

Just look at the state of Demo Warlocks and Demon Hunters right now. It isn't looking pretty, and the crazy part is that people want to do that to more classes!

The next class should be fresh and different, not a combination of current classes in a new coat of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    I'm forced to agree here. Teriz may be obsessive and annoying, but he's right that few things suck more than having classes too similar to each other, or getting abilities taken from your favorite spec.

Just look at the state of Demo Warlocks and Demon Hunters right now. It isn't looking pretty, and the crazy part is that people want to do that to more classes!

The next class should be fresh and different, not a combination of current classes in a new coat of paint.
    Is that even possible? How basic do we want to go when delving into this question? A Tinker will either attack in melee or attack from range. Well now it's just a coat of paint.

Is that even possible? How basic do we want to go when delving into this question? A Tinker will either attack in melee or attack from range. Well now it's just a coat of paint.
    I don't think we need to get that basic. I mean, you can start with the WC3 abilities and work from there. If the WC3 hero is too close to an existing class (or classes) it probably shouldn't be implemented. I mean look at DHs and their 2 specs for evidence of this. There's tons of threads on multiple DH forums about a desire for a 3rd spec, but it isn't going to happen because DHs are so constrained design-wise.

On the other hand, I think a Dragonsworn class based somewhat on Alexstraeza(sp?) from HotS could be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    That's the basis of creativity, y'know?

Neither do Bards infringe on other classes, FYI.

in honesty, i'd rather them focus on fixing the broken and boring af classes, than adding random trash for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    I don't think we need to get that basic. I mean, you can start with the WC3 abilities and work from there. If the WC3 hero is too close to an existing class (or classes) it probably shouldn't be implemented. I mean look at DHs and their 2 specs for evidence of this. There's tons of threads on multiple DH forums about a desire for a 3rd spec, but it isn't going to happen because DHs are so constrained design-wise.

On the other hand, I think a Dragonsworn class based somewhat on Alexstraeza(sp?) from HotS could be pretty awesome.
    I don't think we can do Dragonsworn, as they aren't from WC3. I just gave it a googs and I can't even find dragonsworn abilities from WC3. Read that with a Tongue n Cheek tone.

Lets see...

Should I go on?
    Necromancer - far too close to warlock and dk, would heavily struggle to find any form of uniqueness without stepping into the other classes
    Dark Ranger - far too close to a hunter. horde specific as well
    Dragonsworn - would need to include an actual dragonkin race to make this happen
    Blademaster - is a warrior
    Rune Master - interesting, but would have to remove runes from DH's
    Timewalker - is an acrane mage
    Bard - what would it even do
    Vindicator - is a ret paladin
    Warden - far too similar to rogue
    Shadow Hunter - is essentially a hunter/shaman hybrid

So all in all, no you probably shouldn't go on

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusions View Post
    Bard - what would it even do
    Possible spec ideas: healing, using spellsong; spellcaster DPS with spellsongs; ranged physical DPS with some spellsong abilities; melee physical dps with some spellsong abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusions View Post
    in honesty, i'd rather them focus on fixing the broken and boring af classes, than adding random trash for the sake of it
    I largely agree with this sentiment as well. Ever since the end of MoP, the classes have seemed shallower and shallower. They need to consider bringing back some of those flavor abilities to flesh the classes out again. Pruning mainstays like Death Pact is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we can do Dragonsworn, as they aren't from WC3. I just gave it a googs and I can't even find dragonsworn abilities from WC3. Read that with a Tongue n Cheek tone.
    All joking aside, I would be amazed if the Tinker wasn't introduced within the next 4 expansions. Seems fairly inevitable at this point, given the history of WoW class inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Engineer is not a class its a profession, if is like that then Herbalists are Druids and First Aid are Priests