Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    You might find it hilarious, but it won't be funny when I'm 4 inches deep in that ass.
    Wow you're so big!

Deleted
    The last few pages have been derailed by personal comments / insults, let's keep it on topic now please!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    My original Rogue is SO old and unseen, that Wow realms doesn't even have it registered. My next oldest Character of the same name(which is a priest) levels from 30 to 60 in 2 months, right before TBC. Because I switched realms from Rexxar to Whisperwind to play with family when they decided play at the start of the expansion.

Plastering a character page without context, and RIGHT before TBC is ridiculous and only furthering my point you weren't there.

I can also dissect the rest and simply laugh at how bad you were. If that is even you.

Leveled a priest to 60, which was arguable the hardest class to level next to ELE, in less time than it took you to 10 to 30. And I was SHADOW IN PREP FOR THE EXPANSION. IN THE SAME YEAR. LAWL.

If that was a 2004 2005 character, I'd bow.

Your level 60 experience is boiled down like this - You hit 60 sometime around Aug 06. You had 4 different guilds between that time and TBC released which was 1-15-07. You didn't raid shit with a resume like that. I bet you didn't even see the inside BWL with any serious intent of downing the content.

You are a TBC baby, simple as that. You never had enough experience at 60 to justify any sort of opinion.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/45930774

I back my shit up with proof and if you can figure how to dig even older characters out of the data, I'd be more than happy to post my Rogue as well. Which has the same name. I believe he is still on Rexxar, if that helps anyone.

NINJAS EDIT BECAUSE LAWL.

It's like you're saying you're raised in the 90's, when you were born July 99. LAWL. That's your dad's character stop lying.
    Lol banned and wrong. Typical.

Missing rouge is missing oh well

I doubt they're going to do anything like classic and classic +, which would require then maintaining THREE different versions of the game. Same reason why I don't expect BC servers or Wrath servers to ever become a thing unless Classic REALLY takes off rather than just serving the small niche audience. So I feel it's going to be all or nothing if blizz does make any qol or balance changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The last few pages have been derailed by personal comments / insults, let's keep it on topic now please!
    Agreed. Focus on the topic.

So what do you think of these whiny classic crybabies, Shamanic?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    You might've been able to bring an enhancement shaman, but it wasn't worth doing, that little extra buff on totems doesn't justify losing a better dps class. I don't at all remember boomkins ever destroying in PVP in vanilla, they were mostly a joke class and definitely would lose to any half decent rogue/spriest/lock/mage. Enhance had its oneshot potential but was pretty limited realistically. Certainly not on the level of subtlety (which actually performed better in raids as well) let alone frostmages who were simply better at both raiding and PVP (and levelling and in dungeons, weird right?). Furthermore prot paladins are certainly crap at PVP as well as raiding, standing at a flag is not a sufficient niche for a spec (and rogues still do it better).

About the quotes, the burden of proof was on you for making the statement that these specs were designed to be crap. I'm just going off the more logical idea that all specs were designed for something, and specs that are crap at everything, including being hybrids, should be improved a little. We decide what we want to change by discussing what we think are the major problems are and how we can address them without altering the game fundamentally. For example, I'll say let's give Bears a little extra armor ~5% and some defense via Thick Hide. Similarly we can look at enhance moonkin and ret with some small percentage changes. That seems extremely safe and non Legion to me.
    If you want to min-max your raid and you have any proof that ench shaman couldn't do 80% of rogue dps and compensate the rest. by buffing other 4 rogues in the group for extra 5% sure don't take ench shaman in your raid. But keep in mind that you might be wrong cause you don't have any logs to prove that ench couldn't so decent dps and also if you don't care about server first get ench in the raid and be done with it.
    Same goes for every other class. L2P man. Boomkin were bad? Please youtube boomkin pvp in vanilla and you will find how bad they were. Best flag carriers ever, huge dps with the ability to heal yourself, escape most types of cc, own cc. Just because you don't know how to play a good Druid does not mean they were bad.

As for the quotes - you are the one here trying to claim that clasees need extra balancing and asking for change. You are the one who needs to tell us that blizz failed and delivered poor balanced classes. So you are the one who needs to proov us this. We say classes are just fine for what they were deaigned for L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I guess we can call talent pages spec even if they don't make the class SPECIALIZE in anything, which means the word spec loses its meaning. Like the disc page, which doesn't specialize in anything, it's filler talents that are used by holy and shadow, which are 2 real specs with their very clear and obvious identities and fantasy, regardless of how they perform because that's completely irrelevant to what makes a spec.
    Dude disc was fucking GOOD, at least from the time Divine Spirit was their top talent. You would max plus healing, mp5, and Spirit gear, then downrank your heals, exploit the five second regen rule, and never run out of mana. Imo it totally had a fantasy (secular, conservation/efficiency focused, mental quickness/smart) and had way more depth and thought required to play it than the high int flash heal spammers. Arcane sitting between fire and frost is a good fantasy analog to discipline (not speaking on spec function)

It is honestly the spec I miss the most from vanilla (only played 3 classes to max).
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-11-23 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    It would mean that they would be capable of sustaining enough mana to not negatively impact overall raid DPS (external buffs considered) during long boss fights.
    Mana for what purpose? They had seals for autoswings and judgement every 30 seconds. They didn't even have crusader strike. Mana was not really an issue, the lack of abilities that did any damage was the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Dude disc was fucking GOOD, at least from the time Divine Spirit was their top talent. You would max plus healing, mp5, and Spirit gear, then downrank your heals, exploit the five second regen rule, and never run out of mana. Imo it totally had a fantasy (secular, conservation/efficiency focused, mental quickness/smart) and had way more depth and thought required to play it than the high int flash heal spammers. Arcane sitting between fire and frost is a good fantasy analog to discipline (not speaking on spec function)

It is honestly the spec I miss the most from vanilla (only played 3 classes to max).
    This wasn't vanilla. Mp5 wasn't in vanilla.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Mana for what purpose? They had seals for autoswings and judgement every 30 seconds. They didn't even have crusader strike. Mana was not really an issue, the lack of abilities that did any damage was the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Muahahaha good try boy, now go back in the Legion please.

Judgement was on a 10 second CD, hence rebuffing seals & judging was rather mana consuming.

You went oom within one or two minutes, depending on your gear and mana / reg.

Mp5 was Vanilla, quite a few items had "Restores X mana per 5 sec" => Mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    "we want vanilla"

but we want class balance , transmog , account mounts , looking for group , name change , server change , dual spec , raid buffs , no buff mats , wow tokens , and new raids

oh wait you got all that.. play the lattest version of the game.. poeple wanted classic for a reason just stop wanting stuff now why not enjoy the old feeling , if you dont like it dont play it?
    Are you also gonna play on a 4:3 monitor and a 2004 pentium 3 with 256k dsl? if not then you should just stop embarassing yourself, pitiful wannabe purist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Are you also gonna play on a 4:3 monitor and a 2004 pentium 3 with 256k dsl? if not then you should just stop embarassing yourself, pitiful wannabe purist.
    This isn't a valid retort. No one who goes back and plays old PC games or uses emulation plays them on the range of hardware during that time period.

We were on the cusp of 2005 when WoW came out. Cable internet was already pretty common in all parts of the US. Even rural Kansas. It's also not like a ton of people who started back then weren't off at college playing from T1 & T3 in their dorms. As for the monitors... well unless you were still using an average CRT in 2004, or preferred cashier style lcd's as your "gaming" monitor, I'd also take a stab and say most everyone fell in range of using 3:2, 5:4, and for the more spendy, 16:9. Fun fact, you could get WoW to run @ 1280x720 (and look proper) at launch, by plugging in the resolution to the config.wtf file. It supported just about every resolution out there at the time, even if they weren't included in the default drop down from ingame settings. This was common knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance and it's not your fucking precious garbage experience anymore. You cried and begged and whined for close to a decade. Now you're GETTING what you want but it's not enough?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Yes it was

Mindtap Talisman from Dire Maul:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18371
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-11-26 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

i play cs:go on a 4:3 resolution ) does that count? still rank A on esea , rank 10 on faceit , global on mm

its about preferences , like vanilla ? play it , dont like it? dont play it but stop wanting to change it

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That's just as bad as saying 'You don't need Classic servers, you can just lock your character at 60 and just play the old content'. That's not experiencing the content that existed back in 2004/5 (regardless of 'Vanilla experience').
    Err, wut? Isn't that what? Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Wanting a vanilla server means wanting everything that vanilla had with it including the silly class imbalances. Back then in BWL/Naxx, druids, priests, paladins only played as healers. Their DPS sucked very bad unless you went out of your way to get some very specific gear(shockadins comes to mind.) So like I said, if you want all classes to be balanced and be able to do everything they can today, then just play on current server and lock character at 60.

sorry, but prot pala or balance druid in classic raid environment is just not classic....

Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    So like I said, if you want all classes to be balanced and be able to do everything they can today, then just play on current server and lock character at 60.
    Vanilla content doesn't exist in retail since Cataclysm revamped all the content. So no, that doesn't work.

'Cap retail at 60' is the worst response against any talk of changes for Vanilla. Playing post-Cata old world content has nothing to do with Classic servers, so why even bring it up?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-12-05 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.