Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Not always, it's confirmation bias. Outlaw rogues complained long and hard about their spec, and it's still bottom tier. I think most of them have given up at this point, and are just hoping for a rework. Brewmasters have gotten a lot of communication relatively to the other tank specs, despite being the smallest community of tanks, and it's not like they spam forums or anything.

The truth is Blizzard just balances what they personally think needs balanced, well thought out critique of a spec can go completely ignored in favor of some minor band-aids for under-performing specs.
    It seems like most of these are about the common (mis)conception of a spec. For example, Brewmasters and DKs has gotten a lot of communication over the expansion because of how bad their reputation was even in casual raiding early on in the expansion. They HAD to do something for those specs. Even Outlaw has gotten some changes (not that it did anything big). In order for other people to understand that there is even a problem is to be very vocal about it.

It seems very vocal communities at least do seem to get some form of a communication though. All I want is to at least hear the reasoning behind their changes (or lack thereof) to Havoc.

I agree with your last statement. It's depressing but it's true. But one can hope!
    Last edited by Creepercat; 2017-11-25 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Try telling that to DH's. They will throw back stats about active mitigation back in your face and then link mythic raid participation kill stats and act like the ground is falling.

And they even go as far as to undersell stuff like sigil of silence "What does that matter I can silence someone when you die in 2 hits"

Over it
    Honestly DH is just a very different type of tank, similar to Blood DKs but still different. Think most players just don't understand how to play them correctly. My DH feels nigh unkillable (with proper play), then again I'm not pushing mythic raiding so it's a bit different

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Honestly DH is just a very different type of tank, similar to Blood DKs but still different. Think most players just don't understand how to play them correctly. My DH feels nigh unkillable (with proper play), then again I'm not pushing mythic raiding so it's a bit different
    I like venge a lot because its good for dungeons. This little feature called m+ that people seem to think only the top 500 clears matter so again DH is trashtier according to this forum. The comparasion to blood dk is fair, where they have gorefiends grasp which is a bit more raid friendly I think we have a silence and cc which is great for dungeons.

the high damage, ability to self heal and utility with imprison/silence/interrupts is pretty great.

I quite often pug and healers these days are 50/50 so being able to keep myself up and often just kill bosses solo is "fun". Again this is personal opinion not going on mythic raid progression stats dont kill me please dh community.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-11-25 at 05:28 AM.

I see picking DH as a mistake on my part. The class is fun to play casually but has no depth when it comes to both lore and gameplay(cs spam LUL), and sucks in raids, both specs do. I've been trying to reroll since the end of NH, but unfortunately time contraints don't allow it.

I'm just riding this one out and rerolling when BfA launches. There's also the fact i don't take wow seriously enough to go and cry about it on the forums. Maybe it's the class that i don't take seriously, all it has to offer is double jump, glide, horns, and tattoos.

I guess that quite a lot of esp. raiders rerolled to better performing and/or more fun/interesting classes. IMO Blizz slowly destroyed the unique Havoc gameplay over the course of the expansion and took the fun out of it. It already started during Beta actually. Standard CB/Nem build is boring af. Demonic build is only fun when you've got more than 1-2 targets most of the fight. A spec that focuses on DH agility/mobility (FR, VR, ...) and Momentum is non-existing, sadly. If I was playing WoW currently (travelling atm) it would not be a DH.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I been running 2/2/2/3/3/1/3 using Anger, and switching between sephuz and DoG... It doesn't necessarily top the charts (though it is performing better than CB for me), it feels less monotonous.. All though I guess anything would be.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I really enjoy the class. Actually, I enjoy demonic over the current set. But thats my opinion.

They took out my favorite build with the 7.1 talent swaps, so I switched to mage and have been having a blast. Still like DH, just not as much as I did at launch.

There is no DH community, because there is no need to be. Havoc is possiby one of the most boring, straight forward, and static specs in the game right now. Tanks are somewhat interesting but weak compared to the others, so near no high end tanks touch them.

I love the idea of Demon Hunters, but shit man I got so bored of them so fast, seriously hope they go through some major updates for BFA, or I'm defs not playing one in the xpac, as much as I'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I been running 2/2/2/3/3/1/3 using Anger, and switching between sephuz and DoG... It doesn't necessarily top the charts (though it is performing better than CB for me), it feels less monotonous.. All though I guess anything would be.
    You should try out Demonic Appetite for Demonic build. It's all around better for Demonic.

Deleted
    You are right about the Discord's, they are an absolute shambles.

There's almost no point playing DH anymore. It was unique in that it's burst was insane and you could actually have an impact but it suffered from extremely boring gameplay and then the nerds to burst came in. Luckily I had already rerolled because tos tier was looking dogshit and now I'm happy because antorus is even worse. Also there doesn't seem like a point comparing the DH community to the mage community. Most mages have been mages for over 10 years.. Most dh players have been dhs for less than half a year, the bond with the class just isn't there for most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Fottreroller View Post
    There's almost no point playing DH anymore. It was unique in that it's burst was insane and you could actually have an impact but it suffered from extremely boring gameplay and then the nerds to burst came in. Luckily I had already rerolled because tos tier was looking dogshit and now I'm happy because antorus is even worse. Also there doesn't seem like a point comparing the DH community to the mage community. Most mages have been mages for over 10 years.. Most dh players have been dhs for less than half a year, the bond with the class just isn't there for most of them
    I mean that's kinda hard when the class has 1 year of existence :P

My main tanking character is a Demon Hunter and that won't change anytime soon. Couldn't give a shit about the meta or FOTM. The class is just straight up fun to play and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Not always, it's confirmation bias. Outlaw rogues complained long and hard about their spec, and it's still bottom tier. I think most of them have given up at this point, and are just hoping for a rework. Brewmasters have gotten a lot of communication relatively to the other tank specs, despite being the smallest community of tanks, and it's not like they spam forums or anything.

The truth is Blizzard just balances what they personally think needs balanced, well thought out critique of a spec can go completely ignored in favor of some minor band-aids for under-performing specs.
    outlaw was top at the begining then assa took over and then it was already knew sub had better scaling and after a certain breakpoint it will be best.

There is also a big problem on the battle.net forums with this player base... you go on there and see someone asking questions about a spec or how we are looking for this tier and get all the 3/9-5/9 "elitists" that hang out on the official forums telling them how shit the class is and just reroll there's no point playing it at all, its no fun etc.. DH is in a good spot as a class, in my opinion. We are middle of the pack to low end of the pack but that's fine, the problem is with the tier design and how they are bottlenecking us into to playing whatever playstyle they deem we should be on. Obviously the OP's point about people not wanting to try and get any change done is a big issue aswell, I never see people making constructive posts on most forums about us, its all the heroic and barely into mythic "elitists" bitching and trolling others. Or it's people that do 0 research, don't take advise from anyone and think they know everything while pulling 600k at 930 ilvl, running 30% crit 15% verse and wondering why they're not top of the meters... It's honestly saddening to see that this is the only type of player that is being seen, no wonder blizzard laughs at us.

I tried to find any usefull youtube/twitch channel with some usefull weekly videos with dps tips for bosses, guides and about sims/gearing and theres basically nothing while other classes have many of those theorycrafting people making videos on their channels.

I went also into DH discord (fel hammer) and except stickies theres nothing and havoc discussion is just full time spam about nothing with only kappa, lol, memes etc. So yeah, I agree that our community is not that good.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on the DH community when I got PM'd abuse by DH on this forum for not being doom and gloom over the new tier bonus.

I was looking at the bigger picture how a lot of the 21 bonuses are awful and tier sets are gone next expac, shocker?

Seems like the cool thing is too just complain about DH and shut down anyone who disagrees with the status quo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been maining DH since the beginning, but I feel no need to bitch and moan about every decision Blizzard makes. They have their own tools to see what class over or underperforms regardless of the feedback they get.

I do my thing, perform well in raids and just have fun.

It doesn't have to be all serious and shit for me anymore and I've been playing for way too long to require input from others to do well.

i recently came back and dropped my DH for a war. leveled it to 110 but for some reason i have no idea what the fuck im doing actually pretty embarrassed tbh so went back to DH