Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7/10

Rampant RNG and repetitive, trashy World Quests hold the score back.

Excellent expansion, 9/10, best since Wrath.
    Special mentions on the positive side:
    - M+: this is the star content of the expansion, they got 5-man endgame right, a worthy game-mode besides raiding
    - which brings us to Titanforging. Controversial, I know, but this is the keystone that finally put 'raid or die' to rest. Take this away and all other game content besides raids collapses like a pudding. So much of the negative press this gets comes from (a) people that realy don't understand probability/statistics and (b) extreme min/max'ers such as 'world first' raiders that will grind away despite the odds.
    - World Quests: yeah, it is still repetitive content, but a decent step up from unimaginative 'dailies', again helped by Titanforging
    - AP/AK system: soo much better then just sitting around and waiting for patch-notes with nerfs. Much more gradual, and accommodating both the hardcore grinder as well as the relaxed player.
    - Artifact weapons: due to the relics, a much better system than the binary 'my weapon drops' from the past. Again, TF keeps it more open ended. Skins were an adequate attempt at still having variety, but in a transmog world ...
    - The legendary system: again controversial. The positive side: the huge variety in utility they brought. specially in M+ you would make decisions based on the level, the instance and the affixes you tackled. Unfortunately, got a bad press due to two things: (a) the way they were acquired was too much RNG, but this was exacerbated by (b) the 'community's myopic focus on single target throughput due to players conditioned by years of WoW == Raids.
    - Crafting: definitely a step up from WoD (then again, wasn't everything a step up from WoD). Players used to having all professions maxed on newly dinged alts might complain that they actually had to play the characters to acquire the recipes, but should you realy be that easily completely 'self sufficient' in that way? Besides, you still got all, just not as 'efficient' recipes rank (1-2). That Nomi though ...
    - the content pace: the 77 day time-boxing for the releases was great! I just hope they can keep it up, and that we are not facing a year of content drought at the end.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2017-11-25 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    A colossal fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    Eh... maybe try a new server?

- - - Updated - - -
    There will be no difference. The fact that servers got merged + sharding + cross realm makes it so that you will likely never see the same people because they get thrown on other servers and you are too.

Deleted
    I suppose I'd rate it 7/10 on a scale I'd have to specifically invent for post-MoP WoW. That's about the same scale I'd apply for rating a season in a long-running soap series though. In my experience, Legion (predictably) failed to introduce any kind of feature, from gameplay to world-building and immersion, that still makes the franchise stand out in today's mmo scene (other than for its well-polished mediocrity and some vestiges of older, more creative stages of the game). Where Legion did introduce an entertaining concept with some potential to shine in the future as well (content based on class fantasy), it turned out to be nothing but a loose gimmick that went downhill after a single patch, and was thrown out of the window by the current one. And in true WoD fashion, all in favour of the next marketing ploy (faction fantasy or whatever) that runs 180 degrees counter to the previous one but at least will be cheaper to sustain for them.

Basically, Legion should have introduced a lot more than world quests to stand out as more than a glorified tab-targetting instance hub (with as its highlights stabbing the hitbox around an inflated mob's toes) that is stitched together as a patchwork of barely related stories and sceneries, wrapped up in an Illidan-themed cereal box. Not that anyone in their right mind would have expected anything else at this stage of course.

Now watch this expansion rise to legendary tier in people's memories as BfA further explores what lies beneath rock bottom and Blizzard tries to perfect their art of cutting corners while keeping people glued to their screens.
    Last edited by mmocd2fcff2650; 2017-11-25 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly good tbh. (though that is still like a year out from the next expansion) if you ask me in a couple of months my opinion will prob change :S

Deleted
    Tried all classes during pre patch. Found all of them boring. My interests shifted to 8.0

I mean there were some pretty cool stuff in Legion, but enjoying playing your character is cricital. I mean that is ALL you do in the game.

I've enjoyed Legion. There are things I like and dislike, but looking back and comparing it to any other expansion, it's my favorite.

Overall 9/10 with RNG Leggos being the only real downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    The start of legion was very promising and had plenty of content, also probably had the smoothest launch experience ever. No issues at all. Levelling up took me about 13 hours, though we took frequent breaks in between as me and 4 friends decided to level together as a group on the night of release and some of them wanted to get the other artifacts mid way through and got stuck lmao. 2nd time levelling, it took around 45 mins per level on my own

World quests (despite being dailies in disguise) were fine and had decent rewards which scaled up as you got more gear which I thought was a nice touch, made them more relevant.

Suramar was fun the first time round, couldn't really be bothered doing it again on my alts. Good source of ap at the beginning.
    Once the Broken Shore hit, it started going downhill. I couldn't be bothered doing the campagin because the quests were boring and the overall reward was not appealing to me. The zone looked crap but at least some of the WQ's were fun, others not so much *cough* Sparkling Coins

Argus was an improvement to the Broken Shore, theres more to do and it has been a good contriubtion to farming AP and legendaries. 2 legendaries a week thanks to World Tour and Argus farming. I can understand how many people felt Argus was bad but it hasn't had the same effect on me.

Speaking of legendaries...what a shitshow, but I believe that if legendaries were not like how they are in legion, I probably wouldn't participate as much in doing the WQ's on Argus and the invasions everytime they are up. Nor would I keep doing emissaries.

Titanforging is great for my alts if I want to catch up but when m alt gets a titanforged 955 trinket that my main wants, its depressing. It also ruined the experience of looting mythic gear from raids because all it takes is one titanforge from HC to match mythic whilst requiring 0 effort. Not saying its not worth running mythic, but mythic should always have the best gear from any source, none of this titanforging LFR 945 bullshit I see all the time.

I am happy that the gear you get now isn't just reskinned models and are actually separate models which makes the gear look much better and upgraded. it makes me want to keep the transmog as it is rather than swap it straight away, although not every set is great but most pieces I can use if I want to me a unique transmog.

The first raid tier was fine. EN was a little too easy and caused a lot of guilds to think they were mythic raiders, until being slapped across the face when they couldn't kill Krosus. Managed to get 10/10 M in the end and overall enjoyed Nighthold.

ToS however is probably the worst raid ive ever experienced. The fights got old very quickly (Mistress and KJ are fine) and the difficulty was all over the place. Mistress is one of the worst fights for difficulty because of how random the encounter is but it's probably my favourite fight. Any guild who is at least 8/9 M should be proud of themselves for being able to reach that point.

I am looking forward to Antorus as the fights look really good and the effects on the abilities have certainly improved which is something I wanted to see.

I've barely done any pvp because it's not what I focus on but from the occasional BG, its been ok, world pvp sucks though, fun for me being able to destroy anyone as a rogue but certainly not for everyone else.

Not sure what else I need to say.

If Antorus ends up being a good raid, ill give legion an 8/10, but for now, its getting a 7/10
    This, right here, is the most constructive post i've seen all day. Focusing on all the topics, and adding your constructive opinions/feedback without going all out Blizzard Love/Hate on said review.

Also, I agree with your post here.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE 8/10 - This is hard to say, because TBC and Legion are different styles of PvE. I'd say Legion is on par with WotLK in regards to PvE. A vast improvement with dailies. Downsides are the obligatory dungeon grinds, and missed opportunities with Argus

PvP 8/10 - Had more fun than WoD and MoP. WoD was just garbage imo. Brawls were nice, needs a BG.

Lore 7/10 - Started out nicely, but went downhill very fast. The power creep is hard to ignore, and they left out many unfinished story threads.

Class Balance 8/10 - They nailed it with most classes, despite the groaning "my class isn't FOTM". Still some tweaks left

Overall 7.5 - Enjoyed it more than Cata, MoP, and WoD. Despite its strengths, the mandatory replayability to keep up, and the careless writing, makes it seem like a polished turd. I haven't had this much fun since the start of Cata, and all of WotLK.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-25 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    shit compared to vanilla and bc

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Tried all classes during pre patch. Found all of them boring. My interests shifted to 8.0

I mean there were some pretty cool stuff in Legion, but enjoying playing your character is cricital. I mean that is ALL you do in the game.
    I was in the same boat. Found ele to be the only spec I remotely enjoyed in PTR testing and generally stuck with that and fury until my interest fell off a cliff a month or so ago. I liked this expansion, but overall class design is the biggest drawback of Legion, and I doubt 8.0 is going to be that much different. One can only hope.

9/10
    Really love the implementation of artifact weapons and everything it comes with - except for the grinding part, which I don't actively do.
    Also, class fantasy, class questlines and mounts, therefore a lot of known lore characteres involved including the Lich King.

Sometimes though, I have the same expectations for BfA. You know, that overwhelming "wait-for-launch-choose-and-embrace-your-artifact" part, which is a little problematic. Not that I'm judging something that isn't even out yet, it's just the concern of having hopes too high. I never felt that way before - this is how much I like Legion.

Worst expansion ever:
    Artifucts and AP grind
    M+ grind
    RNG all over the place
    No flying on Argus
    Class mechanics suck
    Addons gutted, nameplates and camera distance fucked up by Ion.

This is nightmare for raider
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2017-11-26 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmilk View Post
    Now watch this expansion rise to legendary tier in people's memories as BfA further explores what lies beneath rock bottom and Blizzard tries to perfect their art of cutting corners while keeping people glued to their screens.
    Thanks! That's exactly my perception, too. It's no longer about making the best possible game, it's about them testing us out. How much shit can they throw at us without losing any money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Worst expansion ever:
    Artifucts and AP grind

RNG all over the place

Class mechanics suck
    Addons gutted, nameplates and camera distance fucked up by Ion.

This is nightmare for raider
    I just thought about the nameplate and camera distance thing the other day. It's really unpleasant and bothersome. And I'm not even a raider.
    It just ruins the visual experience for me.

9/10 if they would remover or atlest twik Legegendary system fore alts would be 10/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I was in the same boat. Found ele to be the only spec I remotely enjoyed in PTR testing and generally stuck with that and fury until my interest fell off a cliff a month or so ago. I liked this expansion, but overall class design is the biggest drawback of Legion, and I doubt 8.0 is going to be that much different. One can only hope.
    Well if things don't improve, I only have to get enough money to resubb to FFXIV. While I may not enjoy all the classes there, I really love my red mage. And ninja, and machinist, and scholar, and astrologian, and samurai.

The class design in Legion isn't SWTOR levels of dull, but it is pretty bad. And supposedly we won't have another large scale revamp. Oh well. If I get into the beta I will give feedback on everything.

At the start of Legion, I had a huge amount of fun (I guess like I do most xpacs). But honestly, as the patches have gone on and on... I've started to hate a lot of it, and realise there are a lot of bad systems in place.

All in all, Legion for me (in comparison to other xpacs). Get's a 7/10

A LOT of improvements, but also A LOT of dropping the ball on some really basic stuff. And for some reason, I feel completely disenfranchised from the rest of the xpac, I just don't care at all about the rest of the xpac, which Is weird, as I've always stuck around until I've killed all content... this last tier for some reason I just don't care about.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7/10 , everything was pretty good except grinding,rng, and legendary system and stupid choices by devs like reducing camera distance.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!