Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War (New 4x game set in Warhammer Universe)

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planet’s resources. In the first 4X turn-based strategy game set in Warhammer 40,000 you will lead one of four unique factions.
    Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...Relics_of_War/

ahhh another Civ clone

Necrons or newcrons?

NO I WILL NOT LET IT GO.

Please God don't let this be shovelware like most of the Warhammer 40k/Fantasy games.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The further away it gets from that DoW3 trash the better.

i certainly wish them the best.
    i put well over 600+ hours into dawn of war 2.....and then refused to buy dawn of war 3.

i dont know how a company could backslide so very much

There is too many WH40K games for the fanbase I would say.

(And, come on, with the number how factions they have, Space Marines and Imperial Guard as starters ? (totally don't sounds like Eldar/Dark Eldar (they are the same nowadays), Tau and Chaos as DLCs)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

(And, come on, with the number how factions they have, Space Marines and Imperial Guard as starters ? (totally don't sounds like Eldar/Dark Eldar (they are the same nowadays), Tau and Chaos as DLCs)
    i think its good to have so many options and games. hopefully they compete with each other and drive the overall quality up.

im playing spacehulk deathwing right now and its a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

And not too many good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    i think its good to have so many options and games. hopefully they compete with each other and drive the overall quality up.

im playing spacehulk deathwing right now and its a lot of fun.
    And in real life, Battlefleet Armada have lost virtually all it's players (it's an example)

And in real life, Battlefleet Armada have lost virtually all it's players (it's an example)
    i haven't played it so i have no comment on it specifically. but i havent heard anything bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    i haven't played it so i have no comment on it specifically. but i havent heard anything bad about it.
    That's an example of an actually decent WH40K game that run it's course. All games eventually ''die'' (except WOW) but I would say that WH40K gamer market might struggle to support so many game (there was more WH40K/Fantasy games released over the last two years than Star Wars game during the worse of the prequels)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Fucking hell. X4 is the most boring possible way to make a Warhammer 40k RTS... And this looks so cheap too. Fuck sake GW, grant the license to someone who isn't retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

And a vast majority of them are fucking terrible.

I would say that, while TOTAL WARHAMMER (or something) managed to give different economies to the various factions, the concept of ''expanding'' (economy ?) is bizarre in WH40K, where the only faction with something remotely similar to an conventional economy (factories, mines, the like) are the Imperials and the Taus

The Orks economy is whacking a fellow Ork on the head with a club for his teeth, and/or collecting scrap and making make believe weapons with it.
    The Eldars either have machines doing everything for them or rape/torture people for kicks
    The Tyrannid, well, eat you.
    Chaos mix the Elder and Tyrannid approach.
    Necrons kills you.

I would say that, while TOTAL WARHAMMER (or something) managed to give different economies to the various factions, the concept of ''expanding'' (economy ?) is bizarre in WH40K, where the only faction with something remotely similar to an conventional economy (factories, mines, the like) are the Imperials and the Taus

The Orks economy is whacking a fellow Ork on the head with a club for his teeth, and/or collecting scrap and making make believe weapons with it.
    The Eldars either have machines doing everything for them or rape/torture people for kicks
    Necrons kills you.
    They are saying on the steam page that the factions will have different playstyles so i'm not worried about that just now.. We'lll see what's the deal in 1-2 weeks.

Necrons kills you.
    Eh, you can easily make different economic systems, Ork economy relies on slaves and obedience, Necrons have to reactivate their technology (similar as in DOW1), Chaos needs to keep Dark Mechanicum happy and conduct pirate raids etch etc. It's really not a huge problem to create new mechanics. Lorewise, the materiel (or lack thereof)is the source of 99% of wars in warhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Eh, you can easily make different economic systems, Ork economy relies on slaves and obedience, Necrons have to reactivate their technology (similar as in DOW1), Chaos needs to keep Dark Mechanicum happy and conduct pirate raids etch etc. It's really not a huge problem to create new mechanics. Lorewise, the materiel (or lack thereof)is the source of 99% of wars in warhammer.
    You can fix this by making a lorewise planet that has a great something on it and all the forces want to collect it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Necrons kills you.
    The lore is expanding, there is even an example (in one of the books) in which Space Marines/Imperial Guards cooperate with Necrons. Read about it here:

955.M41 Alliance at Devil's Crag - The Silent King Szarekh reluctantly joins forces with the Space Marines of the Blood Angels Chapter to defeat a Tyranid splinter fleet. Commander Dante and the 3rd Company of the Blood Angels Chapter battled against the Necron legions of the Silent King amidst the dusty wastes of the world of Gehenna. For three weeks, neither side could seize the upper hand, with Dante's tactical brilliance stretched to its limits in countering the time-space manipulations of the Silent King. The stalemate was broken only when a Tyranid splinter fleet entered orbit, forcing the two armies to break off hostilities and fight the common foe. The impromptu alliance proved to be the Tyranids' undoing. Following the final battle at Devil's Crag, Dante and the Silent King went their separate ways, both forces too battleworn to guarantee victory over the other, and, at least for the Blood Angels, the idea of turning on those they had so recently fought alongside, proved rather distasteful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Necrons or newcrons?

NO I WILL NOT LET IT GO.
    Newcrons actually have character compared to Oldcrons.

Anyone who doesn't realise that is a heretic.

Just a heads-up; This should release today. I'm looking forward to it, if only because it's WH40K :P