Thread: The Blight

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, the horde lost the major war at Ashenvale and almost got their warchief killed if not for the magnataur. They didn't outright destroy the horde because it will just create more problems in the future. Varian also allied with the rebellion because it made sense to reduce the casualty of his troops. His plan did not factor in the rebellion at first. He didn't "have to" ally with the rebellion. The rebellion needed him.
    A battle, not a war. And the Horde got back into Ashenvale immediately afterwards, until MoP it was the center of the conflict. So yay, Alliance forced the Horde to regroup. And both faction needed each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Hell, before Wrathgate Orcs were rather happy with the idea of the Forsaken providing them a superweapon to use against the Scourge.
    In Desolace the Druid actually also made use of Forsaken blight to bomb the Naga. And their attitude: we do not like it. But it is really effective.

Sometimes I really feel that the "good guy" in wow are also the hypocritical one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    In Desolace the Druid actually also made use of Forsaken blight to bomb the Naga. And their attitude: we do not like it. But it is really effective.

Sometimes I really feel that the "good guy" in wow are also the hypocritical one.
    It's actually more the fact that players manage to bitch about the blight more than any in-game character does. And as Arrashi said already, the only one who was shown to passionately care about it was Garrosh and he did it for reasons that had shits to do with the weapon itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Honestly, I half-expected to see barrels of Blight flying around during the BFA trailer. I mean there were both Blight and catapults within the city. You can even see them in-game. One would think you would use everything at your disposal when your city is besieged.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Honestly, I half-expected to see barrels of Blight flying around during the BFA trailer. I mean there were both Blight and catapults within the city. You can even see them in-game. One would think you would use everything at your disposal when your city is besieged.
    It is cinematic and besides Sylvanas vs Anduin, Blizzard wants to recreate Orcs vs Human so blight could take too much spotlight.

I still hope we could see the use of blight in the opening scenarios, where Horde uses blight to destroy alliance catapults and alliance tries to disable the use of blight.

At least Sylvanas should blight the whole city when the battle is lost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Wont be surprised if Sylvanas and the Forsaken use it if the Alliance are using their own war machines.
    Hell, I'd be surprised if she didn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post

There should always be the line. If everyone just lets it loose then Jaina should have just destroyed Orgrimmar. It would be effective. It's not easy to not be hypocritical when trying uphold your ideals all the time but I don't think it's the reason to throw it all away either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Varian also allied with the rebellion because it made sense to reduce the casualty of his troops. His plan did not factor in the rebellion at first. He didn't "have to" ally with the rebellion. The rebellion needed him.
    Nor the rebellion factored the Alliance either, at first. The rebellion accepted the help of people that went far to walk into enemy territory to search it themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Overwhelming majority of the Horde wouldnt give a shit if she uses it to wipe the Alliance off the map of the fields of Lordaeron, she saves Horde lives, and they get to go back to their homes and families.
    They'd lose the tauren instantly. They'd lose basically every single druid and shaman identifying themselves as a member of the Horde, since using the blight goes against everything they stand for. Let's be generous and assume every other member of the Horde has no issues with basically aligning themselves with Arthas 2.0. But they'd also have neutral factions, most notably the Argent Dawn, since they are in the neighbourhood, coming down on them. Even if the Horde wasn't weaker than the Alliance in the first place, which it definitely is, the scales would be tipped so much in Alliance's favor the Horde could pretty much start packing up for a journey off the face of Azeroth.

Of course, if it was a matter of life and death, if the Horde really had its back against the wall and it was a choice between using the blight and getting wiped out, I'm sure they'd get over it pretty easily. But using it on a large scale just because it's effective? Not going to go through.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-11-26 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They'd lose the tauren instantly. They'd lose basically every single druid and shaman identifying themselves as a member of the Horde, since using the blight goes against everything they stand for.
    And yet the last page was largely devoted to a Cenarion Circle Druid in Desolace using it against the Naga.

Let's be generous and assume every other member of the Horde has no issues with basically aligning themselves with Arthas 2.0.
    Because Arthas used Blight left and rights, apparently.

But they'd also have neutral factions, most notably the Argent Dawn, since they are in the neighbourhood, coming down on them.
    An idea totally supported by it not happening yet, despite Sylvanas using Blight and necromancy to fight the Alliance in the previous war.

Even if the Horde wasn't weaker than the Alliance in the first place, which it definitely is, the scales would be tipped so much in Alliance's favor the Horde could pretty much start packing up for a journey off the face of Azeroth.
    The Horde is so much weaker that the Alliance had to cede Azshara to them in the last peace treaty even after the Horde imploded on itself, then lost less than Alliance since MoP ended. And in BfA they get stronger allied races.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I hope they use it. Just to see it backfire on all the living allied with the Forsaken.

(note: this new plague =/= the old plague Arthas used)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yes I hope they use it. Just to see it backfire on all the living from the Horde.
    I don't know, all you need to do is to aim it, just like any other weapon.

OT: The problem with blight is that its cruel and unethical. Other weapons are not like that. Take example at this ethical spell flamestrike icon:

Those dudes are having "blast". They are all like "Wow what a nice and humane way to die". With blight you can't have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't know, all you need to do is to aim it, just like any other weapon.

OT: The problem with blight is that its cruel and unethical. Other weapons are not like that. Take example at this ethical spell flamestrike icon:

Those dudes are having "blast". They are all like "Wow what a nice and humane way to die". With blight you can't have that.
    The new blight is hard to cleanse and counter once used. It's like bioweapons in real life, except a gas mask won't help here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new blight is hard to cleanse and counter once used. It's like bioweapons in real life, except a gas mask won't help here.
    Not really its a green shit that stays on the ground. And that one was faulty version used in southshore. Most of blight doesn't have that problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really its a green shit that stays on the ground. And that one was faulty version used in southshore. Most of blight doesn't have that problem.
    It's still the same. The quests in Stormheim, "Pump it up" and "The Splintered Fleet" explain its volatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still the same. The quests in Stormheim, "Pump it up" and "The Splintered Fleet" explain its volatility.
    Exactly, you pump it up. Also, do you know how many ships sunk because of supply explosion ? Weapons are quite volatile, and blight isn't any shocking exception from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, you pump it up. Also, do you know how many ships sunk because of supply explosion ? Weapons are quite volatile, and blight isn't any shocking exception from that.
    Yeah by the time they clean up some of the waste their own allies would have turned, thanks to the plague's byproduct. I'm sure the Horde's druids and shaman would tolerate damage on their fauna.

Forsaken can clean the Blight after it's been used most of the times. And "hard to counter" covers pretty much all magic from lore perspective. Also, the Blight is an acid, it's a chemical weapon.

Yeah by the time they clean up some of the waste their own allies would have turned, thanks to the plague's byproduct. I'm sure the Horde's druids and shaman would tolerate damage on their fauna.
    Turned into what? And why can't the Horde members not walk around the Blight puddles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Forsaken can clean the Blight after it's been used most of the times. And "hard to counter" covers pretty much all magic from lore perspective. Also, the Blight is an acid, it's a chemical weapon.
    A chemical weapon that destroys surrounding life, it doesn't care if it's an ally. Why else do people in real life prohibit our governments from using biochemical weapons?

It's not something you could just clean and brush off. You had to kill bears and sailors due to its unexpected side effect.

Turned into what? And why can't the Horde members not walk around the Blight puddles?
    Ignoring the quests I linked, and the fact that Horde and Alliance alike died in Wrathgate by the new plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    A chemical weapon that destroys surrounding life, it doesn't care if it's an ally. Why else do people in real life prohibit our governments from using biochemical weapons?

It's not something you could just clean and brush off. You had to kill bears and sailors due to its unexpected side effect.
    Ignoring the quests I linked, and the fact that Horde and Alliance alike died in Wrathgate by the new plague.
    Its almost as if weapons shouldnt be aimed at your allies !