Thread: gold farming

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm more worried about loot ninjas than gold. If not ninjas, -everything- will be "reserved".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably just sell WoW tokens if they're worth enough.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not the true Vanilla experience if you're not buying it from a Chinese gold farming site.
    I love jokes about Vanilla's authentic experience

I'll probably just farm Tyr's Hand for 3-5 hours every single day, like i used to do...

Deleted
    Farming fel cloth alone or dm east (know where to jump ) for shards was always good. Or orbs in Stratholme / fire resi pot receipt in LBRS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be camping the First Aid book vendor in Winterspring with an alt, it spawned only one book every several hours if I recall.

Dire Maul or Maraudon solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

1) You roll a tank or a healer and you ask for gold to tank/heal in dungs, people happily paid money for it.
    That's a good way of getting blocked. Ridiculous.

I used to have a few alts I sort of lost interest in by 30, but forced myself to get them up to 40 and leveled their alchemy via my herbalist druid.
    Log in for a few minutes a day and made a sweet 5g per character doing arcanite transmutes.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Gold farming will be horrible at the start, as it was at the original launch, it takes a few months atleast for the economy to even slightly resemble what it is now. If you think about where all gold comes from in the start, you won't even be able to sell herbs e.t.c because noone will have gold to buy it. All the gold in the game comes from mobs, vendoring items e.t.c it takes a while for the to pile up and start spreading across the playerbase. The most efficient way of making gold when the economy is in it's infancy is by completing quests at max level. Which isn't really an option unless you grind more levels than needed.

There isn't going to be rogue GM's inflating the economy with back room gold sales either. It won't resemble that of a private server either, the AH will be dead for a few months initially.
    In classic, quests didn't reward extra gold at max level. That was added much later, if I recall correctly.

Deleted
    Sell WoW tokens LUL

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    I expect blizzard to implement dynamic spawn rates. I know dynamic spawn rates isnt "vanilla" but neither is 10,000 people playing at the same time, which is what most likely is going to happen. so making sure that node farming still feels like vanilla, they should adjust the spawn rates based on how many people are farming. to a certain extent.
    aaaaaaand queue the hordes and hordes of toxic purists looking for any and every reason to prove you wrong on what is and isn't 'vanilla'.

At this point, nobody fucking knows what vanilla was like anymore, because I can only assume the people experiencing Nostralius know it was nothing like actual vanilla. I frankly kind of find it cute that people simultaneously think that Blizzard won't monetize the shit out of it if it's popular, or modify it heavily from the original experience if it's unpopular. Nobody wins, except for Blizzard and the handful of consumers that agree with 100% of the business decisions they make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Gold farming will be horrible at the start, as it was at the original launch, it takes a few months atleast for the economy to even slightly resemble what it is now. If you think about where all gold comes from in the start, you won't even be able to sell herbs e.t.c because noone will have gold to buy it. All the gold in the game comes from mobs, vendoring items e.t.c it takes a while for the to pile up and start spreading across the playerbase. The most efficient way of making gold when the economy is in it's infancy is by completing quests at max level. Which isn't really an option unless you grind more levels than needed.

There isn't going to be rogue GM's inflating the economy with back room gold sales either. It won't resemble that of a private server either, the AH will be dead for a few months initially.
    the most efficient way to make money in vanilla is to bot, obviously.

It's almost as if you people didn't play the game. And I doubt heavily that Blizzard will do anything about botting in Classic, doubly so if they don't update the addon API or fail to prevent memory hooks.

Edit: Also, rare drops. There is pretty much nothing stopping you save for a deposit for setting up some rando blue or epic for a couple hundred, and lord knows some botter will probably buy it.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-11-26 at 10:58 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    I love jokes about Vanilla's authentic experience
    You may think it's a joke, but you'd be surprised how many people bought gold back in Vanilla. I knew a guy who funded 3 people's epic mounts before he even got his first toon to 60. I think it's pretty obvious he didn't farm that gold himself. Granted I bought a lot of gold back then too, but I kept it to myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Dire Maul or Maraudon solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the server. We had several tanks on my server that would offer runs for gold, and they were in high demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You may think it's a joke, but you'd be surprised how many people bought gold back in Vanilla. I knew a guy who funded 3 people's epic mounts before he even got his first toon to 60. I think it's pretty obvious he didn't farm that gold himself. Granted I bought a lot of gold back then too, but I kept it to myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the server. We had several tanks on my server that would offer runs for gold, and they were in high demand.
    Servers won't have 2k people on now. Probably 6K-ish or more. This shit won't be tolerated.

On Elysium/Nost you'd get laughed at/blocked even for reserving items, much more if you asked for gold to run a dungeon. You're the goddamn healer/tank you already get your items if they drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Yeah..... and after 3h of "LF tank" spamming on a server full of rogues, you will pay your tank like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    how do you plan to farm gold?

I think I will be a mining/herbing mage that farms BRD, that gets you about 100g an hour on average
    Yeah or you just buy a token.

7+ Year Old Account
    too many unknowns right now to say for certain. IF it's authentic there will be some grinding and no mass tagging for drops. AND questing won't be on "lol" hubs, bor linear, which means I'll have to grind a bit.

back to the vanilla system of do every single quest you can find, map out our applicable zones. ( do a search guys there are maps of appropriate zones, heads will explode based on where they were, and wtf you had to do to get around. )
    most importantly.... killl every mob I come across. If I find a cozy spot with lots of trogs my level or one or two lower and no one else? cloth it is! Do I find myself making freinds with furblogs to use the tunnel? no one saying Ni Hau in Felwood? Time to grind a level and rake in mana and healing potions and some runecloth! I'll probably start out herb alch, but chant tailor is tempting. (chant is a pita and was very expensive back in the day. If I had to equate it to something in game now? there isn't anything. For you TBC guys and wrath babys... remember hearts of darkness, crusader orbs and Primordial Saronite? Those were CHEAP and extremely plentiful compared to mats you needed to make a rod or some boots.

If I'm careful/lucky I'll have enough to get my level fourty training and maybe a mount, ) maybe I'll fish for 60

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Yeah..... and after 3h of "LF tank" spamming on a server full of rogues, you will pay your tank like everybody else.
    I've been on Elysium for almost a year and never paid a tank. Nor will I. What I do, though, is make fun of people asking for money or items to attend. I love how mad they get when they get told just how huge a bag of dicks they are.

Good thing I have a guild of over 60 BWL-geared people that are always ready to help

Iirc I used to farm herbs specifically to provide for rogues back in the day. There was always a ready market for the herbs needed for their poisons and for the tea that gave them energy.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think anyone expecting to farm gold via farming nodes is going to be in for a horrible shock.

Nodes, in Vanilla, had a pretty limited spawn rate, even if people were aggressively farming them. All it will take is 1-2 people in a zone aggressively farming nodes to make them basically unobtainable. And you can bet that in every zone that matters, that's precisely what will be going on.
    After having spent MANY hours in Winterspring farming RTV's on Silvermoon EU in anticipation of the second Thunderfury binding that didn't drop before Legion, I feel like this is strongly exaggerated. Sure, there were less nodes about, but saying that it's basically unobtainable is a pretty wild stretch.

Vendoring grey items at the beginning. Gold isn't spawned from the AH, so it's no point selling there if no one can spare the gold.