Thread: gold farming

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had like 5k gold in vanilla... doing warlock mount quest had some really lucky hunter bow drops lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be pickpocketing mobs in tyr's hand like the good old days. Not too bad income of an income from plus chances to kill other players there too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I've been on Elysium for almost a year and never paid a tank. Nor will I. What I do, though, is make fun of people asking for money or items to attend. I love how mad they get when they get told just how huge a bag of dicks they are.

Good thing I have a guild of over 60 BWL-geared people that are always ready to help
    Yeah! And I guess everybody will be on guilds of 60 BWL-geared people a couple month after classic release

This is actually something that needs to be discussed. With 10 000 ppl playing on the same server, farming outside of instances will be pretty much impossible.
    Herbing and mining both will be hard as hell with a serverpopulation that large. And farming humanoid npc will be nearly as tough.
    You can forget blizzard farming at any of the popular highdensity sites thats for sure.

One should probobly bring up the question for discussion, should dynamic spawnrates be implemented? For herbs/veins? for mobs? For questitems? Some questmobs in vanilla had 5minutes spawntime wich is insanely long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Vendoring grey items at the beginning. Gold isn't spawned from the AH, so it's no point selling there if no one can spare the gold.
    Pretty much, at start there won't be any thriving economy, where you can sell greens/mats/etc. So the only real option is vendoring greys, selling crap greens on AH and just farming gold from mob drops.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    One should probobly bring up the question for discussion, should dynamic spawnrates be implemented? For herbs/veins? for mobs? For questitems? Some questmobs in vanilla had 5minutes spawntime wich is insanely long.
    If you want the Vanilla experience, you get to wait for the mob to spawn with an explosive trap on the ground. No tag sharing or instant respawn

Selling enchants in a major city 8 hours a day 7 days a week.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Meat for hunters pets and tiger whiskers from STV to vendor. gimmie that 70s a stack

Boosts will make the most money.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Dance on a mailbox for gold.

I generally had a couple spots to go to. Tyr's Hand was always a good spot to farm, and I was an enchanter with Crusader and also a mage so I generally made decent money just sitting in a city selling Crusader enchants and portals for people. Even at 1g each, sit in IF for an hour and you'll make a quick 50g without ever having to move.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    If you want the Vanilla experience, you get to wait for the mob to spawn with an explosive trap on the ground. No tag sharing or instant respawn
    Did you even read my post?
    The entire point of it was, that with 10 000 players on a server, it wont be the vanilla experience. It will be overcrowded, what worked great in vanilla wont work this time around because of sheer player numbers (and overall better player knowledge of game, meaning instead of having a low % of players reaching max early and farming with the vast majority being dumb as sheep, this time around youll have 10 000 ppl planning to herb/mine/farm in tyrs hand).
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2017-11-26 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    just get a wow token, 100% chance that blizzard wont lose the chance to put them in the new vanilla to make some extra bucks............
    100% my ass, dude.

I farmed goo monsters in AQ20, when friends I knew had a save that had certain bosses dead which left that trash available in the upper area. Got quite a few acids from them, and the occasional BoE blue.
    RETH

Go to work for a day. Spend the money on gold from Chinese sellers, obviously.

I earned some really serious amounts of gold farming bijous and coins solo, but that requires ZG to be released.

Luckily most 5man instances (brd or higher) offer valid options for farming many different valuables in Classic.

Not exactly a gold farming method, but I was gonna go skinning and leather working since I was gonna play a class that uses leather/mail.
    I've heard they're pretty bad for money in vanilla though.

Crafting professions like BS and LW are a huge gold waste if you do not intend on becoming the best crafter on your server. Only high end items have a crafting margin that you can actually make money on. However if you are the first person on your server that can craft Lionheart helm you can make A LOT of money crafting it for people.

Also if they release a version of the game without gold for EXP straight up grinding mobs with high value trash items will be the way to go early on.
    Last edited by Atherions; 2017-11-26 at 05:08 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Did you even read my post?
    The entire point of it was, that with 10 000 players on a server, it wont be the vanilla experience. It will be overcrowded, what worked great in vanilla wont work this time around because of sheer player numbers (and overall better player knowledge of game, meaning instead of having a low % of players reaching max early and farming with the vast majority being dumb as sheep, this time around youll have 10 000 ppl planning to herb/mine/farm in tyrs hand).
    In that case farming in the most common areas won't be profitable anymore and people will just spread to other zones. Just like on low pop realms farming in Tyr's Hand was good 24/7 but on SilvermoonEU everyone and their mother was waiting for mobs to spawn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    how do you plan to farm gold?

I think I will be a mining/herbing mage that farms BRD, that gets you about 100g an hour on average
    lul the servers are not even released and they won't before months or years and this guy, I mean this guy is already planning his future chinese work

Oh seriously bro
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-26 at 09:13 PM.