Poll: What's the most you'd be willing to pay for Vanilla

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistface View Post
    ...it's different sub from retail then lower Price would be justified due to it requiring almost zero development after release...
    That has absolutely no bearing on the cost at all. The cost will be whatever Blizzard thinks will get the greatest profit. If they thought they could charge $45 a month they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That has absolutely no bearing on the cost at all. The cost will be whatever Blizzard thinks will get the greatest profit. If they thought they could charge $45 a month they would.
    Well thats pretty obvious, but the thread is not "what do you think blizzard will charge?". There is another topic for that and this topic is about _personal_ preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Funny how it contradicts every single bit of experience I've had and we can see on the subject. It's nearly as if you're trying to pass your agenda as fact.
    Luckily for me, your thoughts and experiences have no importance or revelance to anything at all. Be gone you wretched sub-human swine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Its not really the same argument though, because I dont play starcraft or diablo. The leap from classic to modern wow to a consumer (in a business sense) is minor because they are two different iterations of the same world and gameplay (as in quests to collect 10 bear asses exist in both versions).
    I have no interest whatsoever in modern WoW, I'm only interested in Classic. For me modern WoW is as far from Classic as it is from Diablo.

For example if there was an older version of Starcraft made availible, that it would be presented to people playing modern stacraft, because they are essentially already playing starcraft. (I don't play starcraft so I'm not sure if thats already a thing or why not, but it properly illustrates my logic.
    I have no idea what your point is here, but there is Starcraft Remastered, it costs $15 and is a separate product.

Its silly to insist on dividing a customer base in paying for WoW twice, and that way the whole customer base can simply choose which they prefer.
    I think classic should be included in the normal sub, but there should also be a lower cost classic-only sub <10$/month for those of us that have no interest in modern WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Classic comes free. Like the SC remastered.
    SC Remastered is $15.

Just sell it as a one time purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Requiring an active good standing WoW sub is two-fold beneficial

1) It theoretically inflates "Retail" Sub numbers. if X people sub to Retail JUST to play Classic, Blizzard can say "Look! Sub Numbers are up!!!" to their investors. They can (maybe) do the math and realize that the subs increase is because of WoW Classic... but... meh.

2) it keeps the... how do I word this correctly to not piss off everyone... "Riff-Raff" out of Classic. Private Servers are notorious for Chi... I mean... "Riff-Raff" Botters and Gold Sellers. Granted, it doesn't do much to keep them out of Retail, but every little bit helps I guess.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

2) it keeps the... how do I word this correctly to not piss off everyone... "Riff-Raff" out of Classic. Private Servers are notorious for Chi... I mean... "Riff-Raff" Botters and Gold Sellers. Granted, it doesn't do much to keep them out of Retail, but every little bit helps I guess.
    Especially the turd worlders.

Why?

Why would Blizzard throw free money away by not putting it on the sub or making it a one time purchase?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 04:41 PM.

1) It theoretically inflates "Retail" Sub numbers. if X people sub to Retail JUST to play Classic, Blizzard can say "Look! Sub Numbers are up!!!" to their investors. They can (maybe) do the math and realize that the subs increase is because of WoW Classic... but... meh.

I generally agree with your points, but with #1, I have no doubt that internal reports don't come out so simplistic. Specifics are required in a board room, and ultimately Blizzard would have to show or be asked to show the correlation of why their subscription numbers are up, and where those players are actually investing their time.

More than likely, they'd use the jaded/generalized information to the public and we'd likely see them start publicly announcing subscription numbers again, without an itemized breakdown of where & why their numbers have increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Blizzard. They'll spin it as a positive.

"LOOK! SUB NUMBERS ARE SKYROCKETING! Classic Servers are printing money for us!"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

If they plan to kill private servers it would have to be free since priv servers are free. But that won't happen

Will you be able to play up to level 20 though on classic servers as well with a trial account? Isn't it like that on retail?

Why would they bother to disguise it ? They aim to get subscribers. If they get it with something that required little work and costs, it's even better.

I would rather pay a 60 dollar 1 time fee and not have a subscription.

I would hope it is cheaper than the current WoW sub but I'd pay for it regardless. Paying $15 for retail now is a sham because there are completely free games with more and better content. Charging $15 for a game that is older than some of its potential player base might keep people out who could just play PUBG, Dota, LoL or whatever for much cheeper.

Hearthstone is a good example of a game that is suffering from its expensive payment model.

If you have retail subscription, it should be free. But there should be also a WoW Classic Subscription for half of the prize of retail. They still need GM working for classic and a server infrastructure, so it can't be free.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nope, it's actually not at all. I don't even disagree with you regarding when Classic will be released, but you have no insider information and are speculating just like everyone else who thinks they're right.

Everyone thinks they're right but someone has to be wrong, even if they all swear it won't be them.
    What an absolute load of rubbish. You have typed a few words there, but it is not grounded in the discussion we are having. I provided sound reasoning as to why my opinion is backed by evidence, but you just chose to glance over all of that and prance along on your high horse. Try actually using logic and proof, and not just words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I would hope it is cheaper than the current WoW sub but I'd pay for it regardless. Paying $15 for retail now is a sham because there are completely free games with more and better content. Charging $15 for a game that is older than some of its potential player base might keep people out who could just play PUBG, Dota, LoL or whatever for much cheeper.

Hearthstone is a good example of a game that is suffering from its expensive payment model.
    How is hearthstone suffering, and how does PUBG have more content than retail wow? maybe im missing something here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be like this: if you have a normal WoW sub, it's included. If you don't, you have to pay a cheaper kind of (classic only) sub.

For example: like 5 €/$ a month for just classic.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Personally? Yeah, I want it to be free. Of course I do. Business-wise? No way. Vanilla is what got so many people talking about the game, it's what got WoW a goddamn episode of South Park. The amount of money that could be made off that old reputation in addition to nostalgia can't be left on the table, even if it does just end up being tied to having a current WoW sub.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

My idea was sort of like a 5-10$ a month for it alone and maybe a discount if you have both it and a BFA sub maybe like 50% off for it if you have a current sub as well. Of course you can just do one or the other as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are two ways blizz will take it.

Either require a wow sub to play it, which is probably the less profitable way.

Or require a seperate sub from wow and it's own classic sub, either 4.99-14.99 a month depending on how much time/work is being put into it, is it just one instance of vanilla servers, will it be one at a certain patch and others that progress?

I think the approach to how much itll cost will come down to the path they take on it.