Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Off to ignore you go.
    Aahahaha. Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Most exterminators use snap traps. I'd take what they do over psychos using glue and poison

Also a lot less collateral damage, unless you want to accidentally kill your pet too / injure a small child
    Ah yes no sorry to bust your bubble but rat poison is the most common used thing against rats in germany you can even buy it without any problems.

It´s really nice it has a delay for kicking on so that the taster(which rats lets taste new food first to see if it´s poison) won´t die on spot so that as many as possible will eat it and then die.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Fuck no those are inhumane and illegal in most places.
    Actually they are illegal in a minority of places. Go watch some videos on sick fucks boiling dogs alive in China with vats of oil, that's the kind of stuff that goes down in most places. Only a minority of the world's population has at least some acceptable level of empathy for animals and it's almost entirely comprised of Europeans or people of European descent.

Deleted
    So now that you know that I know what I'm talking about, will you listen?

Poison is messy, because it's not instant and the pest will die at home. In your walls. They will rot there and if you don't like the smell of that - well guess what will you have to do to get rid of it? WAIT and SMELL IT ALL AWAY. Or rebuild your walls.
    Why don't you answer the questions? Why are you dodging so hard? Answer the things I've asked. Until then, all I see is a chicken afraid to answer so you don't get even more called out on your BS.

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    Actually they are illegal in a minority of places. Go watch some videos on sick fucks boiling dogs alive in China with vats of oil, that's the kind of stuff that goes down in most places. Only a minority of the world's population has at least some acceptable level of empathy for animals and it's almost entirely comprised of Europeans or people of European descent.
    It's no surprise that a lot of the places in the world that treat animals less than dirt also treat each other appallingly (ie parts of the world still stone people and burn people alive for sorcery).

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Why don't you answer the questions? Why are you dodging so hard? Answer the things I've asked. Until then, all I see is a chicken afraid to answer so you don't get even more called out on your BS.
    Oh so you want to get on my "very mature" list too? Ok, off you go.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You could also argue that not leaving any food for mice to eat and causing them to starve is torture as well. Torture is only torture when it's done as a torture.
    If there's no food source they will move elsewhere and find one. But there's a difference between denying them access to your pantry, and trapping them and deliberately making them suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    If there's no food source they will move elsewhere and find one.
    No, they will starve at first.

But there's a difference between denying them access to your pantry, and trapping them and deliberately making them suffer.
    People just want them gone by the most efficient/clean method. Hardly many people go for deliberate suffering.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You guys need more real drama in your lives if this is what you spend time getting all fussed up about.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet, it is ok to have a lobster boiled alive? Or to eat veal. People of all races and nationalities have their own hypocrisies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yet, it is ok to have a lobster boiled alive? Or to eat veal. People of all races and nationalities have their own hypocrisies.
    In a lot of restaurants, they either freeze or knife the lobster first. Check how Gordon Ramsay does it, that's how it should be done.

No, they will starve at first.
    Unless you live in a quarantined area with no form of wildlife, no, they will not. They are excellent foragers.

People just want them gone by the most efficient/clean method. Hardly many people go for deliberate suffering.
    Glue traps are anything but clean. And no, if someone decides to leave the creature sitting there, then they are deliberately making the animal suffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    You guys need more real drama in your lives if this is what you spend time getting all fussed up about.
    Because people can't have more than one issue affecting them at any given time, amirite?

Did I say it was OK to boil a lobster alive? No I didn't and many people don't do it. And let's not pretend that lobsters have equal cognition to animals like dogs. Pretty much every group of people around the world eats other animals, the difference is how. Are they sick fucks that throw a live dog in a giant wok of boiling oil and hit it with a stick as it tries to get out? Do they have some sick ritualistic slaughtering process that quite literally embodies barbarism just like pretty much everything else in the Islam or Judaism that they come from? Or do they use a bolt pistol to kill the animal upfront?

I never said there was any group of people who are perfect. I merely pointed out the simple fact that, in this world, the ethical treatment of animals is almost exclusively limited to a European viewpoint.

Please leave the false equivalence at the door, we're talking multiple orders of magnitude in difference of suffering here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    In a lot of restaurants, they either freeze or knife the lobster first. Check how Gordon Ramsay does it, that's how it should be done.
    I think it is barbaric. But it is still done that way, because some people will argue they taste better if they are boiled alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I say it was OK to boil a lobster alive? No I didn't and many people don't do it. And let's not pretend that lobsters have equal cognition to animals like dogs. Pretty much every group of people around the world eats other animals, the difference is how. Are they sick fucks that throw a live dog in a giant wok of boiling oil and hit it with a stick as it tries to get out? Do they have some sick ritualistic slaughtering process that quite literally embodies barbarism just like pretty much everything else in the Islam or Judaism that they come from? Or do they use a bolt pistol to kill the animal upfront?

I never said there was any group of people who are perfect. I merely pointed out the simple fact that, in this world, the ethical treatment of animals is almost exclusively limited to a European viewpoint.

Please leave the false equivalence at the door, we're talking multiple orders of magnitude in difference of suffering here.
    They are still entitled to be treated humanely. I would shoot a mad or overly aggressive dog in a heart beat, same as I would swat a fly. Yet, I will put a harmless insect I catch in my house, outside instead of stepping on it.

It is not false equivalency, it is just a disagreement to your point and pointing out hypocrisy and your attack on other races/ countries for not sharing your ideal of what is humane.

I detest boiling alive any creature alive just for the purpose to enjoy eating. But I am careful to not point out the splinter in another,s eye, when I have a beam in mine. :P

They are still entitled to be treated humanely. I would shoot a mad or overly aggressive dog in a heart beat, same as I would swat a fly. Yet, I will put a harmless insect I catch in my house, outside instead of stepping on it.

It is not false equivalency, it is just a disagreement to your point and pointing out hypocrisy and your attack on other races/ countries for not sharing your ideal of what is humane.

I detest boiling alive any creature alive just for the purpose to enjoy eating. But I am careful to not point out the splinter in another,s eye, when I have a beam in mine. :P
    Actually pretty much everything you've said this entire time has been one giant false equivalence and a rather large one at that. You can deny it as much as you want but the simple fact is that we can see it in the attitudes of the general populations in these regions, the attitudes of the people who run these governments, the laws/policies in place, and the enforcement rate of those. It tells us that concern for animal welfare is not the norm in the rest of the world as it is in countries with a European worldview.

Also I never said what I personally believe is right or wrong, and even if I had there would be no hypocrisy because I never condemned all mistreatment of animals; my argument was based on the difference between positions generally adopted by European-style nations and the rest of the world. Your point about eyeballs is just as fallacious as the rest of your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually pretty much everything you've said this entire time has been one giant false equivalence and a rather large one at that. You can deny it as much as you want but the simple fact is that we can see it in the attitudes of the general populations in these regions, the attitudes of the people who run these governments, the laws/policies in place, and the enforcement rate of those. It tells us that concern for animal welfare is not the norm in the rest of the world as it is in countries with a European worldview.

Also I never said what I personally believe is right or wrong, and even if I had there would be no hypocrisy because I never condemned all mistreatment of animals; my argument was based on the difference between positions generally adopted by European-style nations and the rest of the world. Your point about eyeballs is just as fallacious as the rest of your argument.
    Lol. At least you are worth a good chuckle this morning. Europeans, as well as any other country, has shown down thru history to be just as inhumane to living creatures as any other. Humans are creatures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, it isn't it's mine, i own it mine, and those who own their houses theirs, and they don't have to share.
    I was going to make a comment that would prove you wrong, but clearly you are just a fucked up individual and wouldn't care anyway.
    Enjoy abusing anonymity to be a massive dick, cause I sure as hell don't think anyone you know IRL would like you for having those opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you live in a quarantined area with no form of wildlife, no, they will not. They are excellent foragers.
    What the hell? They will be foraging the house and starve and then they will go out. Starvation will drive them away. Not their foraging skills, lol. The reason they are in the house - the foraging led them there.

Glue traps are anything but clean. And no, if someone decides to leave the creature sitting there, then they are deliberately making the animal suffer.
    Nothing is clean. That's not the topic of the discussion though. Glue traps are efficient and cleaner than poison. You just pick it up and throw away. It only costs a buck.

Because people can't have more than one issue affecting them at any given time, amirite?
    People can have many issues but they cannot solve them all at once, there's a list and priorities. Seeing how you waste your spare time talking about it on this forum knowing full well that it won't change a thing (i.e. a waste of time) you are not here to discuss the issue, it's not even an issue for you and you have no other pressing issues as well. You are here for the "high horse" experience, because you crave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cruelty is cruelty, no matter the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if you folks cry when you see flies on fly paper too.