Thread: Antorus sims

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    (spoiler alert: fury is still fine)

also FoB Arms is superior with T21 (or more accurately, the loss of T20)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    that moment when you make a post thinking you know what you're talking about
    Fury will be worse then FOB Arms. So fury is dead, its pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Not really but ok

question - MrRobot says to use soul of the battlelord and insignia of the grand army as my legos. is that true? or should I stick with charger and valarjar berserkers? (for reference I don't have either ring yet)

I've also heard that fury is top DPS for antorus but this thread claims arms is on top still?

also, what's up with all the tier sets being total shit this expac? and now hotfix nerfs to them when mrrobot was already ignoring it for most BiS and saying it was useless for most classes anyway?
    Last edited by rasako; 2017-11-21 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    question - MrRobot says to use soul of the battlelord and insignia of the grand army as my legos. is that true? or should I stick with charger and valarjar berserkers? (for reference I don't have either ring yet)

I've also heard that fury is top DPS for antorus but this thread claims arms is on top still?

also, what's up with all the tier sets being total shit this expac? and now hotfix nerfs to them when mrrobot was already ignoring it for most BiS and saying it was useless for most classes anyway?
    ring+helmet/legs is best, depending on what second piece sims better for you

ring+helmet/legs is best, depending on what second piece sims better for you
    By ring he means Soul, not insignia.

- - - Updated - - -

(spoiler alert: fury is still fine)

also FoB Arms is superior with T21 (or more accurately, the loss of T20)
    No, it's not. At least within a vacuum (single target sims), Fury is very slightly ahead of Arms.

We'll see what that translates into with live mechanics, since downtime, length of encounter, cleave, and AoE will all play a role in a fight by fight basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, just stop talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true. Fury is simming better in ST post-nerf than FOB Arms was *pre-nerf*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    We'll see what that translates into with live mechanics, since downtime, length of encounter, cleave, and AoE will all play a role in a fight by fight basis.
    Pretty reasonable to assume 2-3 target cleave will be better for Arms. SS is strong. Other than that...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. At least within a vacuum (single target sims), Fury is very slightly ahead of Arms.
    I meant talent wise FoB Arms is superior to Rend/Ravager Arms with the T21 set pieces, I probably should've made that more clear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Pretty reasonable to assume 2-3 target cleave will be better for Arms. SS is strong. Other than that...
    Of course cleave will be better for Arms (and there does seem to be less of it than in ToS), but downtime, length of Execute, and opportunity to maintain Juggernaut are all factors as well, that we won't really have a good handle on until we see exactly how the encounters play out and public strategies evolve.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, I don't think the tier looks as one-sided as ToS has been, but I'm also mindful of the realities of both specs - how the encounters play out (especially farm reduction) will make all the difference.

Of course cleave will be better for Arms (and there does seem to be less of it than in ToS), but downtime, length of Execute, and opportunity to maintain Juggernaut are all factors as well, that we won't really have a good handle on until we see exactly how the encounters play out and public strategies evolve.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, I don't think the tier looks as one-sided as ToS has been, but I'm also mindful of the realities of both specs - how the encounters play out (especially farm reduction) will make all the difference.
    From the videos I've seen, precious few fights have melee cleave for any extended period of time. High Command and Portal Keeper are burst AoE, Eonar is sustained AoE bonanza, other than that it's mostly single target city for melee as they go from target to target it seems. I predict this is going to be the tier of the multidotters; Hounds, Portal Keeper, Kin'garoth, Coven, Aggramar and Argus all have at least one phase where multidotting will pay major dividends. Hounds and Coven in particular are designed to screw over proximity cleave in favor of multidots.

Myself, I'm satisfied if the two specs are reasonably close together so I can justify playing the one I actually like. Speaking of which, do the latest sims favor Bloodbath or Inner Rage again? I never have any idea where to check these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    From the videos I've seen, precious few fights have melee cleave for any extended period of time. High Command and Portal Keeper are burst AoE, Eonar is sustained AoE bonanza, other than that it's mostly single target city for melee as they go from target to target it seems. I predict this is going to be the tier of the multidotters; Hounds, Portal Keeper, Kin'garoth, Coven, Aggramar and Argus all have at least one phase where multidotting will pay major dividends. Hounds and Coven in particular are designed to screw over proximity cleave in favor of multidots.

Myself, I'm satisfied if the two specs are reasonably close together so I can justify playing the one I actually like. Speaking of which, do the latest sims favor Bloodbath or Inner Rage again? I never have any idea where to check these things.
    • Arms is very good at burst cleave, especially when it's as frequent as it is during High Command, whereas there aren't really enough targets or time between them for Fury to capitalize on its strong AoE. The real question with that particular fight is more whether or not those adds can be safely tanked and cleaved within melee range on Mythic (probably not on progression, but most likely on farm).
    • Portal Keeper is more of an AoE fight since there are many more targets coming in waves, especially if you don't do portals and instead stay on the main platform to AoE adds - the timers line up very well for Fury, though Arms will continue to do well with T20, Ravager, and Great Storm's Eye.
    • Eonar is going to be a mixed bag, largely dependent on how fast the adds die and whether Arms gets a chance to build up EP on them. I suspect it'll become more of a Fury fight as the tier goes on and damage inflation ramps up.

I agree that multi-dotting is going to be very strong this tier (though to be fair, when isn't it?), but I'm not really concerned with that, as it doesn't apply to Warriors. I'm not interested in whether or not any other spec is stronger or weaker; only with the balance between the two Warrior DPS specs.

Nothing has changed WRT talents, guides will be out before the start of the new week.

• Arms is very good at burst cleave, especially when it's as frequent as it is during High Command, whereas there aren't really enough targets or time between them for Fury to capitalize on its strong AoE. The real question with that particular fight is more whether or not those adds can be safely tanked and cleaved within melee range on Mythic (probably not on progression, but most likely on farm).
    • Portal Keeper is more of an AoE fight since there are many more targets coming in waves, especially if you don't do portals and instead stay on the main platform to AoE adds - the timers line up very well for Fury, though Arms will continue to do well with T20, Ravager, and Great Storm's Eye.
    • Eonar is going to be a mixed bag, largely dependent on how fast the adds die and whether Arms gets a chance to build up EP on them. I suspect it'll become more of a Fury fight as the tier goes on and damage inflation ramps up.

I agree that multi-dotting is going to be very strong this tier (though to be fair, when isn't it?), but I'm not really concerned with that, as it doesn't apply to Warriors. I'm not interested in whether or not any other spec is stronger or weaker; only with the balance between the two Warrior DPS specs.

Nothing has changed WRT talents, guides will be out before the start of the new week.
    Sure, multidotters are always good, but I don't remember a tier where they have the potential to be this good.

And it's a shame about the talents. Not sure I'll actually enjoy Bloodbath. Oh well, we shall see in the future.

Deleted
    It's all down to whether COF will be nerfed any further, shall it be nerfed, Arms all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurendi View Post
    It's all down to whether COF will be nerfed any further, shall it be nerfed, Arms all the way.
    CoF isn't getting nerfed without some form of retuning or compensation. Tier changes aren't comparable, due to nearly every tier set getting changed, and because many of the nerfed bonuses were already way much higher than tier bonuses are meant to be to begin with.

new warrior here what is CoF?

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    new warrior here what is CoF?
    Convergence of Fate - a very very good trinket for Fury.
    Last edited by HolgerDK; 2017-11-25 at 07:37 PM.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

All bow to warrior gods! Again... haha

i don't understand why everyone is like "if it gets nerfed" when the nerf was already datamined a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Leakage View Post
    i don't understand why everyone is like "if it gets nerfed" when the nerf was already datamined a long time ago
    Probably because that nerf is already present in the game.