Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    he said how they treated the animals on them is illegal in the UK:
    Well, they are not correct for a number of reasons:
    - pest animals are not "under control of man" because they are not owned by the landowners and are not domesticated by them.
    - glue traps do not cause animals to suffer, they just constrain them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What the hell? They will be foraging the house and starve and then they will go out. Starvation will drive them away. Not their foraging skills, lol. The reason they are in the house - the foraging led them there.
    How does an animal starve when there's plentiful sources of food outside? It's not like they won't have food for days. You're an idiot.

Nothing is clean. That's not the topic of the discussion though. Glue traps are efficient and cleaner than poison. You just pick it up and throw away. It only costs a buck.
    Then stop mentioning cleanliness.

People can have many issues but they cannot solve them all at once, there's a list and priorities. Seeing how you waste your spare time talking about it on this forum knowing full well that it won't change a thing (i.e. a waste of time) you are not here to discuss the issue, it's not even an issue for you and you have no other pressing issues as well. You are here for the "high horse" experience, because you crave it.
    Why do you think it's called "spare time" in the first place? I can use my spare time however I wish, so fuck off. And fuck off with your unfounded assumptions, too. You really are a big dill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    - pest animals are not "under control of man" because they are not owned by the landowners and are not domesticated by them.
    They are if they're in a trap. This is why the distinction "under the control of man whether on a permanent or temporary basis" is made. And your second point is so ridiculous I don't think it warrants a reply, but I'll leave this statement by the BVA.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2017-11-26 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Don't go claiming someone from the UK aren't correct about their own laws when you don't even know the specific law in question.

Yeah, and the Earth is flat too I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're an idiot.
    Stop talking with yourself in public

Then stop mentioning cleanliness.
    I haven't even once. It was you.

Why do you think it's called "spare time" in the first place? I can use my spare time however I wish, so fuck off. And fuck off with your unfounded assumptions, too. You really are a big dill.
    You can do whatever you want. But don't even think we don't know why you are here. Spare time means you have no pressing issues. So this is the only issue you care about. Though we all know that you don't care about this issue. You are here for horses.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

one time I had this huge ass rat in my kitchen. I was home alone, heard something in the cubourd looked inside and there was this gigantic fucking rat! it ran off but then the next day it trapped it's self in my gecko cage and killed them all... so I took a bottle of fucking spray deodorant and a lighter and fucking torched him! I don't like killing them slowly but that fucker deserved it!
    Psychopaths. Torturing animals just reveals you're a danger to society. There should be a no tolerance towards people like this. They -WILL- hurt a fellow human one day. Put them in a shrink's office as soon as this shit is revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I wonder if you folks cry when you see flies on fly paper too.
    Insects don't feel pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You'd think they have just put a cat or 2 in the basement and let nature solve the problem....
    Do you realize how expensive vet bills can be if those rodents are carrying something that infects the cat? Totally not worth it.

I haven't even once. It was you.
    You can't even stay honest and consistent:
    The best way to remove pests goes like this:
    1. Fast
    2. Clean
    Poison is messy, because it's not instant and the pest will die at home.
    People just want them gone by the most efficient/clean method. Hardly many people go for deliberate suffering.
    That's three times when you talked about cleanliness.

You are here for horses.
    I'd get a much more intellectual conversation with a horse than with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't even stay honest and consistent:
    That's three times when you talked about cleanliness.
    Nope, I talked about "effective and clean" methods. Cleanliness alone was never the topic.

I'd get a much more intellectual conversation with a horse than with you.
    And yet you are having it with me. What? Not smart enough for horses to want to talk to you?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Nope, I talked about "effective and clean" methods. Cleanliness alone was never the topic.
    You were still talking about cleanliness, then all of a sudden it's got nothing to do with the topic? Lol... YOU made it a topic.

And yet you are having it with me. What? Not smart enough for horses to want to talk to you?
    Because I find your posts amusing. Are you going to run away and block me now? That's the 3rd time isn't it, after you got your ass handed to you by other posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were still talking about cleanliness, then all of a sudden it's got nothing to do with the topic? Lol... YOU made it a topic.
    I wasn't talking about cleanliness as a standalone topic. You tried to make it so, I stopped you.

Because I find your posts amusing. Are you going to run away and block me now? That's the 3rd time isn't it, after you got your ass handed to you by other posters.
    Aww! You are here for the bonding experience as well? And amusement? Oh how cool! You are so cool right now, you cannot get on my special people list. You need to hand my ass to me first! Can you do it? Oh wait you already failed by resorting to insults.

I wonder if you folks cry when you see flies on fly paper too.
    Since when is an insect comparable to a mammal in terms of biology, cognitive ability and the ability to suffer?

I wasn't talking about cleanliness as a standalone topic. You tried to make it so, I stopped you.
    You inserted it into the topic TWICE before I even corresponded to you.

Aww! You are here for the bonding experience as well? And amusement? Oh how cool! You are so cool right now, you cannot get on my special people list. You need to hand my ass to me first! Can you do it? Oh wait you already failed by resorting to insults.
    It's not particularly hard. I don't even need to do anything, every post you make here helps with that. You keep on digging that hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    You inserted it into the topic TWICE before I even corresponded to you.
    You are wrong.

It's not particularly hard. I don't even need to do anything, every post you make here helps with that. You keep on digging that hole.
    So when is it gonna happen?

Deleted
    See, we live in a free country.
    I know Chicago has a bad reputation but I am pretty sure it isn't completely lawless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You said it's illegal many times, I'm not sure what exactly do you think is illegal but glue traps are not illegal in UK.
    I said its illegal to torture, besides:

The rat glue traps that we supply, are a professional standard product, and the type most widely used within the UK's professional pest control industry!

Please Note: While glue traps provide a highly effective method of rodent control, they should only be used as a last resort, when traditional traps or baits have failed. Furthermore, we would like to point out that anyone buying glue traps must comply with the details within the 'Glue Trap Guidelines' section of our website. If for some reason you cannot do this, then please purchase a suitable alternative from within the 'Glue Traps For Rats' category.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Basic decency and respect for other living creatures isn't just feels though. It's why we've flourished as a species. Mice don't need special rights or anything, but it's entirely possible to kill them without having to torture them.
    Uhhhh No? We may have flourished by its at the destruction of everything else.

Man has been one of the most destructive species on this planet. We twist everything to suit our own needs and destroy what isn't wanted. The pace of living animals/insects/plants have been lost in the past 200 years then at any other time in history is staggering. Gradual loss/replacement over time is expected. Man is destroying everything.

There are a select few who truly want to fit in to the natural world.

There are just too many people for this to be possible. And it will catch up with us one day.

Deleted
    I don't know why people attempt engaging with Elm, he lacks basic manners and has a misplaced superiority complex

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Uhhhh No? We may have flourished by its at the destruction of everything else.

Man has been one of the most destructive species on this planet. We twist everything to suit our own needs and destroy what isn't wanted. The pace of living animals/insects/plants have been lost in the past 200 years then at any other time in history is staggering. Gradual loss/replacement over time is expected. Man is destroying everything.

There are a select few who truly want to fit in to the natural world.

There are just too many people for this to be possible. And it will catch up with us one day.
    So that's why we have laws governing safety and rights of people, laws governing and protecting our pets, and to a lesser degree, livestock. Pest animals are pest animals for a reason, however, that doesn't give anyone the right to torture them to death. And again, psychologically proven that torturing animals is a precursor for murderers.

Aaand we are 'natural'. We occurred in nature, we use things that built from naturally occurring things. We're part of nature. We're very far ahead of all other species on the planet, sure, that doesn't make it unnatural.

And SOME humans are garbage human beings with shite morals and no respect for the planet we live on and its inhabitants (to varying degrees), while others are trying to work against it (to varying degrees), and some are just neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as ok to kill pests as long as you're not going out of your way to torture them for pleasure.

Any efficient method of death would be fine. I believe some mod in here said poison is wrong but that is silly. Rat poison is perfectly fine.

Capturing them and boiling them in water for funzies is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they are pests. But I still wouldn't torture them, or use glue traps (I'm guessing they are illegal here, anyway). I have captured and released a couple of mice. Don't think they were harmed. Except maybe by the sheer cold outside.

However, if you start finding many rodents in your house? I'd go lethal on their asses, before they cause problems. I'd probably use some sort of poison. Regular mouse traps are unreliable at killing efficiently, and leave them to suffer for a long time. Smashing them with blunt object might be the most humane way to kill, but you might not get all of them that way, and with rodents that gnaw everything and breed quickly, getting all of them is the way to go.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-26 at 07:12 PM.