Thread: Anduin Wyrnn

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gcnu7mO.png[IMG]
    You just cannot resist bait can you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's customary to talk about what fanboys like most in a character you think is bad.
    Ah yes, the "You only like sylvanas because she is hot" argument. Irony is not realizing you are only insulting yourself every time you use this seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was my point, yes. She's an edgy hypocrite and appeals to the fedora wearers because she's hot but damaged.
    And not to forget that they would be necrophiles as well, even had to look up the meaning of fedora wearers as am very old school.. lol

Oh shit guys they have a character some emotional depth and reaction to something horrible happening! Seriously it’s nice to see a character that’s not just kill kill kill. We have had enough of those and there’s only so long you can kee a story afloat on hatred and revenge. It’s nice to finally see someone having some internal conflict over what’s happening but still doing something they don’t want to do for the sake of their people.

And you know, healing an entire army is pretty bad ass...

What is this topic again about? Baiting Alliance?
    P.S.
    OP, real men cry. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Nice meme bruh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Agreed, some of these posts though? Cringe strong enough that I didn't need to drink any coffee to wake up.

Ever notice how half the people bashing Sylvanas talk about her tits and ass? Some deeply repressed feelings are bubbling out me thinks.

Edit: I'd cry too if I was getting high beamed right in the eyeballs.
    Or it was obvious bait, and he/she enjoyed the cringe that came out of it.
    The OP half admitted to be a troll, there's really nothing else to say. On the other hand, he managed to trigger many of the usual residents. Reading the pages I found this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Watch the Cinematic, Saurfang looked like he was about to do the same after getting hit by arrows. When Sylvanas did her Bitch scream, Saurfang looked like he wanted to go home and hide under his bed. Pathetic.
    The guy was far an inch from cleaving Anduin himself but yep, ok (let alone how "after getting hit by arrows" is dismissed as something trivial, not like a regular human being would simply DIE).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What is this topic again about? Baiting Alliance?
    Yeah pretty much. And holy hell, they're sucking that bait hard.

On the topic of Anduin crying though, the guy was channeling the Light so I guess that affects someone's emotions or needs a particular emotional state. In that particular case, Anduin had to "convey" desperation and fear for the precarious well being of his people to call down the Light in such an intense way.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-11-26 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've always had an issue with the "LoL I was Trolling!" late-thread line because it's pretty clear from people's posting history whether or not they're trolls or just using it as a flimsy defense of their terrible and often untenable positions.

Look at the OP's post history, from being ethnocentrist about Brexit to the Alliance-bashing in various threads (Some of which Reyuna started) regardless of who started the thread, and at least a few posts/threads dedicated to the debate of whether or not they wanted to swap Horde to Alliance and it becomes a bit more clear that Reyuna's not trolling, they're just throwing out the term as a way to deflect criticism away from their blatantly shitty opinions once they've realized those opinions aren't supported.

This is a clear case of Schrodinger's Douchebag. The person who says something offensive or ignorant and waits for the reaction of the group before revealing whether it was a serious belief or "Just a joke!". Then retroactively paints all previous statements to the contrary as funny.

Real Internet Trolling died a long time ago. Now it's just screaming matches, doxxers, hackers, and SDs.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

You just cannot resist bait can you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, the "You only like sylvanas because she is hot" argument. Irony is not realizing you are only insulting yourself every time you use this seriously.
    If you think that's insulting to myself you're part of the aforementioned group and I'm really sad for you.

She has no saving graces. She's a bad character, hypocritical and evil.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you think that's insulting to myself you're part of the aforementioned group and I'm really sad for you.

She has no saving graces. She's a bad character, hypocritical and evil.
    Hypocritical and Evil are traits of a wide variety of good characters, though.

Most of the best antagonists and antiheroes, in fact, are both of those things. Granted, so are most of the terrible ones, but those traits do not a bad character make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

I could tolerate him more when he was in MoP but now he has one of those extremely punchable faces...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'd let him bash me any way he wants.
    Why did you use your own quote as your signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    The wannabe Lich Queen vaulted onto the siege weapon, took out a bunch of rats, blew the weapon up, went full banshee mode, killed a couple more rats and gave the epic battle cry. Anduin just bawled his eyes out.

Oh please let Anduin be a raid boss.
    Stupid fanboys are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Just like that other troll in the cinematic?
    completely offtopic, but i really love your avatar lol
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Uh huh. Yup! We get that. We -all- get that.

Because, clearly, a male character must be intimidating to be worthwhile. MmHmm. The only respect that can be given is based entirely around machismo. He's a terrible character 'cause he cries and wants peace instead of killing people and banging hot chicks in wall to wall action packed murder montages broken only by the occasional "witty" joke and mournful cup of (Insert preferred alcoholic beverage, here) while discussing his father's death and how it made him into a badass.

We totally get it!

We just vehemently disagree and adore Anduin because he's not the cookie cutter stereotype that dudes are so hung up on all their male role-models being.
    Very much this. I like Anduin, such a cool char

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I actually think Anduin Wrynn is the most interesting and well-written character Blizzard has added during the course of World of Warcraft (i.e. that does not originate from the RTS games). We've seen him grow from a boy, into an idealistic teenager, a diplomat, and then finally n Legion he's forced to come face to face with true loss. To realize what it means to be a True King. He sees that he can't JUST be the diplomat, he has to also be the Warrior. Like Varian lacked the diplomacy and wisdom as a King, so too did Anduin lack the courage and decisiveness of his father.

Watching him struggle with who he is throughout Legion and who he needs to be for his people has been my favorite thing. Anduin is shaping up to be the King that Arthas could've been, and should've been. He's the King Arthas we never had.

He seems to be the only character at the moment with enough nuance to be considered a well-written character. Don't get me wrong, Sylvanas has a lot of story to her which SHOULD give her nuance, but I feel like Blizzard keeps writing her into a corner and making her a parody of herself. Lorewise she's valuable but I don't like how she's being used in WoW at all.
    This is the discourse I love! I agree with you, 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    0, because I'm not a 12 year old child.

I'd give him a 10 for being a great character tho.
    Best reply of the thread so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I actually think Anduin Wrynn is the most interesting and well-written character Blizzard has added during the course of World of Warcraft (i.e. that does not originate from the RTS games). We've seen him grow from a boy, into an idealistic teenager, a diplomat, and then finally n Legion he's forced to come face to face with true loss. To realize what it means to be a True King. He sees that he can't JUST be the diplomat, he has to also be the Warrior. Like Varian lacked the diplomacy and wisdom as a King, so too did Anduin lack the courage and decisiveness of his father.

Watching him struggle with who he is throughout Legion and who he needs to be for his people has been my favorite thing. Anduin is shaping up to be the King that Arthas could've been, and should've been. He's the King Arthas we never had.

He seems to be the only character at the moment with enough nuance to be considered a well-written character. Don't get me wrong, Sylvanas has a lot of story to her which SHOULD give her nuance, but I feel like Blizzard keeps writing her into a corner and making her a parody of herself. Lorewise she's valuable but I don't like how she's being used in WoW at all.
    Never mind, this one is the best reply.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The horde sucks. It doesn't really exist anymore. It's all Blood Elves now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Hypocritical and Evil are traits of a wide variety of good characters, though.

Most of the best antagonists and antiheroes, in fact, are both of those things. Granted, so are most of the terrible ones, but those traits do not a bad character make.
    I can hardly compare Illidan using a few thousand souls to save the universe with Sylvanas turning people into undead to... do what exactly? Boost her army?

5+ Year Old Account
    I can hardly compare Illidan using a few thousand souls to save the universe with Sylvanas turning people into undead to... do what exactly? Boost her army?
    In any reality where a person has an ineffable and eternal essence, an aspect of oneself which continues on forever, no act can be so heinous or terrible as to destroy that essence.

And in a reality where life can end, and the soul can be sent into inky blackness to be lost forever, preserving it in the world with other souls can be seen as mercy.

Either of them can be viewed negatively or positively, depending on whether a person's morality is utilitarian or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    The wannabe Lich Queen vaulted onto the siege weapon, took out a bunch of rats, blew the weapon up, went full banshee mode, killed a couple more rats and gave the epic battle cry. Anduin just bawled his eyes out.

Oh please let Anduin be a raid boss.
    Sylvanas, imo, stole the glory in the trailer. However, I like to see that moment of hers was a realization that it's not just the Forsaken she has to worry about, but rather all races of the Horde. Legion was her taking the mantle of Warchief but her own personal agenda kept her from doing that job. She has spent all her time attempting to secure her people's place in Azeroth, and numerous times, she has paid for it along with her people. I'm hoping that Sylvanas's story in BfA is her finding redemption of some kind.

Also, fuck Genn, guy need to be put down and I hope it's Anduin to do it, not Sylvanas.
    Last edited by ChrisObscuri; 2017-11-26 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Words are hard.