Poll: Do you want to play with a vulpera?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    That's a worse argument than mine (evidently). Plenty of things that share animations that will never be playable for us.

IF the vulpera are made playable, they should be a neutral race. Allied races are a neat little idea, but I personally would rather have allied races so there wouldn't be this infighting over unfairness and favoritism or whatever people will come up with.
    I agree with this. IMO, most of them should be neutral because both factions helped many of them. LF Draenei, Nightborne, HM Tauren for example all benefitted from A and H actions.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'll definitely be using 3 of the initial 6 (void elf, nightborne, lightforged), so I appreciate those 6 slots very very much.

- - - Updated - - -

No one cares. Literally, no one.
    Just like nobody cares about anything you or anyone has to say on the internet, yet you are the only one who bothered to answer. Did i get your furry feelings all triggered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Oh, no one with half a brain would argue the point that the faction conflict is central to the brand, it absolutely is, but I don't think that means that there can never ever be faction agnostic PVE as an option offered by a company that stresses bringing friends together. The point of focusing on the faction conflict in BFA is to have a "resolution," to quote the devs. That doesn't mean "peace forever," but a moment of clarity (to save the planet) mid expansion opens the door to patch in a much needed mechanic to enable people of both factions to enjoy PVE content together, and like DHs and DKs, once a character-centric feature (or mostly any feature really) is put in game, it stays even when it doesn't fit the current lore any more. We can feud over a new thing once that feature is in, and I'm sure we will.

Softening the factions is an absolutely necessary future proofing tactic that must happen eventually. Whether we get it in BFA or not remains to be seen, but the possibility is at an all time high with a faction centric expansion seeking "resolution," ironic as that may seem.
    I suggested a option to Defect to the other faction, along with things like penalties for doing so (your former faction allies do increased damage to you, etc) on the main forums, but I doubt we'll ever see anything like that in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Just like nobody cares about anything you or anyone has to say on the internet, yet you are the only one who bothered to answer. Did i get your furry feelings all triggered?
    Triggered, says the guy literally crying about their presence and vowing 'I'll quit if they add Vulpin! I'll do it!'

That's irony, folks!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I suggested a option to Defect to the other faction, along with things like penalties for doing so (your former faction allies do increased damage to you, etc) on the main forums, but I doubt we'll ever see anything like that in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Triggered, says the guy literally crying about their presence and swearing 'I'll quit if they add Vulpin! I'll do it!'

That's irony, folks!
    I don't even know wtf a vulpin is.

Honestly, all it'd need to be would be "battle.net friendships are factions agnostic, group and queue at will!" Hell maybe they'll extend it to their new "communities" or whatever.

Ever since the orange nameplates went in I've been side-eyeing the faction wall. Something's happening, I can feel it!

Either way though, something's gonna have to happen someday, they can't keep bissecting the community when EQ-model MMOs are no longer "the hotness" they barely are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I don't even know wtf a vulpin is.
    Hint: its the badly misspelled name of the race that's got your panties in a bunch.

Hint: its the badly misspelled name of the race that's got your panties in a bunch.
    Anyone with half a brain could tie vulpin and vulpera together. I was just looking to draw another post from you. You're definitely triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Honestly, all it'd need to be would be "battle.net friendships are factions agnostic, group and queue at will!" Hell maybe they'll extend it to their new "communities" or whatever.

Ever since the orange nameplates went in I've been side-eyeing the faction wall. Something's happening, I can feel it!

Either way though, something's gonna have to happen someday, they can't keep bissecting the community when EQ-model MMOs are no longer "the hotness" they barely are now.
    I agree fully. Its frustrating that they cling so tenaciously to a model that literally divides their community, more so when the game is constantly littered with threats that force us to work together.

Its like, obviously more shit gets done when we battle alongside each other, but NO! We must keep finding reasons to fight each other! LET US FIGHT!

Meanwhile, Azeroth is literally bleeding to death, Azshara is on the move and Void Lords are preparing to wreck our asses now that we've dealt with the biggest obstacle to their presence.

Deleted
    Why not in next expansion ?

I dont care really tbh, they are cute but people will be angry. People were angry when the panda appeared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The French Guy View Post

I dont care really tbh, they are cute but people will be angry. People were angry when the panda appeared
    Yep, people will get angry and threaten to quit, while they continue playing the game while whining about it here.

Edgelords gonna edge I guess.

People will be angry over literally everything that they aren't in favor of.

People were angry when we got Worgen because of "furry bait", and blizzard unfortunately listening to them is what destroyed female Worgen ("Okay, they're too furry bait, let's make them fiercer- oh god what have we made?") and men, to an extent (the "furry bait" crowd is the reason they have a perma-snarl and meh eyes)

Thank god they learned their lesson and ignored that same crowd when we were getting Pandaren
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-11-26 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    People will be angry over literally everything that they aren't in favor of.

People were angry when we got Worgen because of "furry bait", and blizzard unfortunately listening to them is what destroyed female Worgen ("Okay, they're too furry bait, let's make them fiercer- oh god what have we made?") and men, to an extent (the "furry bait" crowd is the reason they have a perma-snarl and meh eyes)

Thank god they learned their lesson and ignored that same crowd when we were getting Pandaren
    How Fem Worgen were before getting changed ?

How Fem Worgen were before getting changed ?
    http://i.imgur.com/fF8Vf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7vCoQQE.png

They had more substantial hair options, around 20 different ones, and actual decent looking eyes that were actually colored instead of...yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/fF8Vf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7vCoQQE.png

They had more substantial hair options, around 20 different ones, and actual decent looking eyes that were actually colored instead of...yea.
    I think both look pretty terrible, honestly.

A worgen of either gender should look like something that can tear you in half. While that older model is definitely less awful than the one we ended up with, I still feel like it tries too hard to be... girly?

But if the horde get little fox people, all those gross furries will move from the Alliance and start infesting the precious manly Horde! Despite the fact the horde has been "infested" with furries since 2004 in the form of many of the tauren players, but that goes against the internet's hateful mindset of furries while having a massive hardon for the Horde bigger than Blizzard's.

I have no opinion on whether the Vulpera should be included as a race or not. I like the idea of the race, but giving them the goblin skeleton just puts me off. I'd rather them have the dwarf skeleton. If they add them, cool. If not, oh well. Each faction has 2 furry races anyway (worgen, pandaren, tauren). Would be better than yet another elf race.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Furries. You would be surprised how many play this game. Unlike Worgen or Tauren who have deep and long-standing lore, you cannot even play the "I like them for the story" card with these guys either. Literally all we know about them they are chibi-looking fox people so take a guess what kind of people that will attract.

As an Alliance player, I will say is I am glad the hints are showing them going Horde if they do become playable. I really couldn't care less about the fox things themselves but the type of following they already have will make the Blood Elf community look like Shakespearean scholars in comparison.
    Does that mean ogres appeal to dumb fat fucks? Most people play races because they think they look cool not cause they want to fuck them or are all UD players necrophiliacs?

Ahh yes, the vulpera, one of the most requested allied races and we just briefly saw them. That speaks volumes in my opinion, in a good way. I saw them and saw people mentioning them reusing the goblin skeleton and jumped onboard. I want vulpera as an allied race, preferably on the Horde. I think they would make an interesting dynamic and add another small race to the Horde. In the real world, foxes are usually known for being subtle and cunning. I believe the vulpera will follow this path, and with personality traits like that, they'd fit perfectly in the Horde. I think vulpera and goblins could have an interesting relationship going into the future, whether they'd be "partners in crime" or have a "friendly rivalry" with each other.

I think there is a lot of over-generalization when it comes to this “furry” talk. I’m not quite sure what it all entails to be a furry, but I can firmly say I’m not one. I’m a fan of fantasy settings and anything, literally anything that can entail. A playable Vulpera has me more interested than a lot of the player race options, however, if Saberon were a thing, gimme, gimme. And my opinion stems from “looks cool, man.” I’m confident it has nothing to do with being a furry, because again I really am not sure what being a furry is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, why ? We don't play a game with childish races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think there is a lot of over-generalization when it comes to this “furry” talk. I’m not quite sure what it all entails to be a furry, but I can firmly say I’m not one. I’m a fan of fantasy settings and anything, literally anything that can entail. A playable Vulpera has me more interested than a lot of the player race options, however, if Saberon were a thing, gimme, gimme. And my opinion stems from “looks cool, man.” I’m confident it has nothing to do with being a furry, because again I really am not sure what being a furry is all about.
    Don't put too much stock into it. Its one of those go-to insults for idiots who don't like things like Vulpera, but lack the basic intelligence needed to understand that their opinion isn't the beginning and end of something.