Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The problem of only 15% of America voting while 85% have no say is that can quickly turn into tyranny real quick.
    My impression of American politics is that two corporatist candidates are put up in order to foster the illusion democracy. This is very similar to dictatorships where two communist party/military junta candidates are put up, or a theocracy like Iran where two revolutionary Islamists are put up. None of these things are democracy in a practical sense. Sometimes a monkey is put up against a particulary unpleasant corporatist who the establishment favours.

I don't think the US electorate understands this consciously. Unconsciously however, they seem to be rebelling. They elected the monkey. The establishment doesn't seem to know what to do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Its a question I play with from time to time. Why should those that have no investment in a country have any sway in how it's run?

Would we be better off redistricting the much abused right to vote to smaller subgroups of society ? Perhaps those who served in the millitary or at a minimum owned land.

I am curious to hearing people's thoughts on it.
    They had only land owners could vote before. And it was struck down because primarily republicans own farms. So they would be determining every state. We know you want your team to win because of your racist overtones, but this is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Why would you want to take away your own right to vote?
    Ah, the Deep South, where a NRA card is accepted as a proof of identification for voting, but neither a library card or student ID...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They had only land owners could vote before. And it was struck down because primarily republicans own farms. So they would be determining every state. We know you want your team to win because of your racist overtones, but this is bullshit.
    Not to mention that the argument of ''land owning'' is ridiculous in Canada or the USA compared to France or Greece : we litteraly gave farmland to migrants during the 1820-1914...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, the Deep South, where a NRA card is accepted as a proof of identification for voting, but neither a library card or student ID...
    I'm not American but do NRA have dob and a picture? Because if so that makes sense for that to be ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not against the idea of some sort of public service requirement to gain the right to vote, whether it be military, or a form of community service, like 2000 hours.
    I like this a lot. Because it’s based on what you can do and shows commitment. It’s also an education on where things come from and where they go.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If only certain people get to vote than only those people should be taxed.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I'm not American but do NRA have dob and a picture? Because if so that makes sense for that to be ID.
    No, they don't. My father got a lifetime membership, it basically looks like a credit card, without a magnetic strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I like this a lot. Because it’s based on what you can do and shows commitment and it’s an education on where things come from and where they go.
    Sounds more like Taxation with Representation to me.

I believe there was once some kind of Party in Boston to "celebrate" what a great idea that is.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Western Democracies are easily among the best places to live for nearly every group of people. They work. Only radicals who what anarchism and authoritarian states should want to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, they don't. My father got a lifetime membership, it basically looks like a credit card, without a magnetic strip.
    Well fuck... That is ridiculous then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Sounds more like Taxation with Representation to me.

I believe there was once some kind of Party in Boston to "celebrate" what a great idea that is.
    Well you haven’t done anything and people already can’t be bothered to bust their fingers and be informed voters. Maybe if people had to work. Not hard just work to appreciate what citizenship means it would go a long way. People will want what they can’t have until it’s free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, limit it to military and veterans only. Man, that would cut out 90% or more of the problem children. No more Top One Percenters, no more illegal aliens, no more hippies, fuck yeah, I'm behind that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Hell yeah, limit it to military and veterans only. Man, that would cut out 90% or more of the problem children. No more Top One Percenters, no more illegal aliens, no more hippies, fuck yeah, I'm behind that idea.
    Would very much suck for those who are medically unable to go into the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Would very much suck for those who are medically unable to go into the military.
    Well the military service alone would be a dumb idea but community service or military seems good.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just the right to be voted for should be restricted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would be in favor of intelligence tests before allowing a vote, if such a thing existed. You should have to be in the upper 25% to vote, and in the upper 10% to run for office. The only issue here is there is no way to scientifically measure intelligence in an unbiased way. Such a thing would have to exist first...then I'd definitely be in favor of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I would be in favor of intelligence tests before allowing a vote, if such a thing existed. You should have to be in the upper 25% to vote, and in the upper 10% to run for office. The only issue here is there is no way to scientifically measure intelligence in an unbiased way. Such a thing would have to exist first...then I'd definitely be in favor of it.
    We already have that people below certain mental capabilities already aren’t allowed to vote. If you mean I.Q test for something else the answer is no.

High I.Q can still be stupid even if they aren’t as likely. Sex, money they are still human and can be corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Nope but their should be a drivers license I.d required to vote and a data base making sure you are legally a citizen of the u.s.
    States aren't going to like having to give out ids for free, otherwise as in case after case in court requiring a drivers license becomes a poll tax which goes against the constitution. And on a side note, republicans often shoot down free voter id legislation amendments to their "voter integrity" bills

Its a question I play with from time to time. Why should those that have no investment in a country have any sway in how it's run?

Would we be better off redistricting the much abused right to vote to smaller subgroups of society ? Perhaps those who served in the millitary or at a minimum owned land.

We literally already went through this when the US was founded. This is a terrible idea designed only to keep those already in power in power.

Yes.

Requirement to vote should be the following:

1) employed and pays taxes. 2) no criminal history. 3) military service would be counted if not currently employed.

If you don't pay taxes you should not get to vote how money is spent. If you are a bane to society you should have no voice. How anyone can disagree with this is beyond me.

I agree with you 100%. Perhaps we can set some type of fee for voting, or a challenging literacy test. Who do you want to stop voting first: blacks, Chinese, or Mexicans?

----------

This kind of cowardly question and mindset right here is the reason we have our first cuck president.
    Last edited by Cleric75; 2017-11-26 at 08:04 PM.